PDA

View Full Version : No bailout lobbying bomb - thursday at noon

Badger Paul
09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Conservative Times.org:

Note: I received the following e-mail from Lew Rockwell blogger James Ostrowski. I think it is a great idea. A “lobbying bomb.” Don’t let Washington get away with this unconstitutional bailout a.k.a. wealth transfer. Let ‘em hear from the common man for a change. Not fat cats with their hands out. – Red Phillips

What is going on in Washington these days is the biggest proposed increase in federal government power in decades. We have been blogging up a storm trying to rally public opinion to defeat this bailout of the rich with our money.

In my latest blog, I propose a nationwide effort to contact your congressmen on Thursday at noon. If you think this is a good idea, help spread the word. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

http://blog.freeny.org/?p=3681

The plutocrats are trying to push their legalized heist through by Friday but they are losing momentum as people learn how stupid and evil this bailout is.

I think we need a bold stroke. Under normal circumstances, contacting your congressman is an utter waste of time. I think this time it’s different. It really might have an impact but only if it’s a nationwide coordinated effort.

So, on Thursday at noon, I propose that we all contact congressmen and senators in person, by phone, by email or by fax.
If hundreds of thousands of angry taxpayers do this, it just might be enough to stop the heist.

Call it a lobbying bomb.

Pass the word.

What do you think?

Jim Ostrowski

tpreitzel
09-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Since we really need to contact ALL of our representatives AGAIN on thursday, we might as well coordinate the effort, I suppose. I assume the time is noon EST. Are we still on daylight savings time? :)

Apparently, we are so it's noon EDT?