PDA

View Full Version : My Letter sent tonight to reps

InThaBackGround
09-24-2008, 09:17 PM
I sent this to many members of the banking committe and the financial services committee...

To my ELECTED representative,

Dear Sir or Madam,

First and foremost, please forgive the curt and blunt directness I put forth here. In normal circumstances I am a gentle, soft spoken and diplomatic man. I feel in this instance upon consideration of time, it is imperative that I be direct and to the point.
In the past week I have been glued to the forums and blogs and financial web pages watching, like most of my fellow Americans, the events that have been unfolding before our eyes. Tuesday and today I watch both the hearings on the hill completely. Today I heard one Senator make a statement to the effect of "I want guarantees that if these powers are given to the treasury and Sectary that they will not be abused” (paraphrased). To this, I, and many hundreds of thousands of other Americans would like to make clear that it is an abuse to the tax payer to be forced, very unwillingly to give our hard earned money to these big failed banks and their shareholders so that they can profit from the BAD business and investment decisions they have made. Again, in light of all the discussion and debate I have witnessed, I think I speak for the majority when I pledge that WE SAY NO.

Secretary Paulson also just made the case indirectly (directly if you were paying attention) that if we do not make these bankers and investment firms whole they will use our retirement and life savings to become whole; Leaving us to pick up the pieces when they walk away with pockets quenched. This is essentially what I heard when he revealed the consequences would be no retirement funds, and no money to send our children to college, and no money to buy homes or cars. My interpretation of it is “if the tax payers do not pay these institutions for our bad judgment then they will use your investment and savings to make themselves whole.” This is nothing short of racketeering and mafia style extortion. To this we say in a most loud and profound voice; NO. No we do not wish to save you and YES, we understand everything you have taunted as the consequences. It would be in the best interest of the people of the Republic of the United States of America for the broken system to finally be revealed so that the weak links can be replaced.

Over and over today I have listened to Secretary Paulson obfuscate (very nicely) any direct answer for the most part. I have also heard him and Bernanke over and over, in 47 different ways say the same exact thing; “If the tax payers do not make these companies whole they will liquidate the savings and investments of these common people to assure they stay whole. So, it’s better to pay us now and MAYBE keep what you have saved than to have to start all over again.” (Again paraphrased) Tonight I heard President Bush state that in time the government would recoup much if not all of the money that the tax payers are in the process of being forced, under duress, to forfeit. What I did not hear him or any other member of our elected, or the private financial sector we are allowing to govern say is how exactly, we the tax payer would be made whole in the end.

As a politically astute VOTING American citizen I find the entire idea of the tax payers of this country being forced to bail out these huge financial firms failures to be wholly unacceptable. To begin, the entire thought of this is entirely unconstitutional.

There is no constitutional power afforded to any of the elected officials of this country that gives them the right to give any control over this countries monetary system to any power other than Congress. I implore you to review your constitution and do you job “to defend and protect these principles against all enemies both foreign AND DOMESTIC.” I ensure you the American people will no longer sit on the side lines and allow this administration to lay idol while these private interest run our country. This is the job YOU were elected to do. Not standing up for the Sovereignty of this nation and upholding the constitution in this matter will ensure the end of your tenure in the political arena. We the voting people of America are watching, and counting, and organizing.

The persons in the current administration and the private individuals that brought this upon our nation and the world MUST be held accountable.

Please look to the Constitution of the United States of America; the document that you and the President took an oath to uphold and protect for guidance. The answers are very clearly within this document.

“A PRINCE, WHOSE CHARACTER IS THUS MARKED BY EVERY ACT WHICH MAY DEFINE A TYRANT, IS UNFIT TO BE THE RULER OF A FREE PEOPLE.”
~Declaration of Independence~

Most Respectfully and Sincerely,

zach
09-24-2008, 10:17 PM
May I use this as another letter to send to them?
I like it!