PDA

View Full Version : Interesting history into the fall of empires--all collapsed by inflation and debt

socialize_me
09-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Really interesting article about how, throughout history, the empires all fell once they began inflating and devaluing their currencies. Included are some really interesting charts about how the silver content of Roman Coins declined progressively until it fell (also references Great Britain and France):

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2007/0112b.html

ronpaulforprez2008
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
and all of those crashes were planned and deliberately carried-out, just like this one.

RSLudlum
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks here's the link to Part 2: http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2007/0116.html

werdd
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
and all of those crashes were planned and deliberately carried-out, just like this one.

seriously doubt the american revolution was planned

FreeMarketEconomy
09-24-2008, 08:55 PM
If there is not an emergency bail out then there would be hyperinflation causing an economic collapse. There would be inflation if there was a bail out but not to the extent to that of a collapse.

Is this thread suppose to use fear to make people agree? Doom and gloom?

werdd
09-24-2008, 08:57 PM
if we dont bailout the financials we will enter a recession, where the market will correct itself deflating the currency. The consequence is that we will find out how much our dollar is worth in relation to commodities, and that is very little.

Indy Vidual
09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
all collapsed by inflation and debt...

But none had military weapons as powerful as 'us'.
We are in uncharted territory, a massive storm is hitting, and things will get very exciting. :eek:

ronpaulforprez2008
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
seriously doubt the american revolution was planned

But that was a different story, it was about rebelling against gov't and a system of excessive taxation, it was not about an "empire collapsing by inflation and debt"

So, I was not including that one in my statement.

However, this is not a Constitutional system that we are living in, so perhaps we'd be alot better off if this damn fiat system collapses.