PDA

View Full Version : Not the best name for it

Raul08
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Guys......the naming isnt the best way to convert the sheeple.

Not exactly the sanest sounding thing in the world.
Name makes it sound kind of out we're a bunch of lunatics

constituent
09-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Guys......the naming isnt the best way to convert the sheeple.

Neither is calling them sheeple, or referring to it as "converting."

Not exactly the sanest sounding thing in the world.
Name makes it sound kind of out we're a bunch of lunatics

If you don't like the name, but you like the idea, create a new site w/ a different name that you think doesn't "makes it sound kind of out we're a bunch of lunatics" and market it to your friends that way.

free market.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I actually have to agree. Most people will be turned off by how "melodramatic" it sounds. Granted, things truly are bad enough to warrant some serious melodrama, but most won't understand or accept that.

Still, I'll be wearing my white band proudly, as soon as I find some fabric...

chiefsmurph
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I love the idea, but the name is ridiculous. Thank god someone else posted. I would be embarrassed to say I am apart of something with that name no matter what we were doing.

ClockwiseSpark
09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
I love the idea, but the name is ridiculous. Thank god someone else posted. I would be embarrassed to say I am apart of something with that name no matter what we were doing.

Livefreebands.com is available. Take it and run with it. You're free to spread this idea in any manner you like and so are we.

raystone
09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
don't think it's going to catch on either...in my "market testing" of 30 across the board liberty lovers, noone is on board with it

chiefsmurph
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
...Or we can join up and try to change the way stuff is going. Just because I don't agree with 100% of the things a group does, does not mean that I have to go and run out and make my own group.

Just to change the name? Really? Sounds a little too exclusive for me.

muzzled dogg
09-24-2008, 08:32 PM
yeah i dunno why yall didn't call ya selves abolitionists instead

constituent
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Just to change the name? Really?

Let me get this right...

You don't want to simply copy the site, utilize the concept that is already developing for you, don't want to spend seven buck to register an alternative domain, but what to holler stop the presses in the middle of the project?

Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly...

Sounds a little too exclusive for me.

If you choose to exclude yourself, that's on you. I think that's unfortunate, it's too easy to register a domain of your choosing and setup a site of your own.

Again, your choice though.

constituent
09-24-2008, 09:00 PM
in my "market testing" of 30 across the board liberty lovers, noone is on board with it

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/images/platinum_ronco_rot_09.jpg

lol.

chiefsmurph
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Let me get this right...

You don't want to simply copy the site, utilize the concept that is already developing for you, don't want to spend seven buck to register an alternative domain, but what to holler stop the presses in the middle of the project?

Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly...

If you choose to exclude yourself, that's on you. I think that's unfortunate, it's too easy to register a domain of your choosing and setup a site of your own.

Again, your choice though.

I run a site of my own. I know how easy it is to set this up. Its not the time and costs that are intimidating me from setting up my own group. I just don't think it should be necessary. Why can't I just voice my opinion in the hopes of changing something?

constituent
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I run a site of my own. I know how easy it is to set this up. Its not the time and costs that are intimidating me from setting up my own group. I just don't think it should be necessary. Why can't I just voice my opinion in the hopes of changing something?

Who said you couldn't?

SimpleName
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I think it is thought capturing. I was dazed by the name until I went to the website and saw the Roman quotes. Then it made perfect sense and I feel in love with the name and idea. It isn't really supposed to be marketed, as I see it anyway. It is just for those "in the know" to spot others "in the know".

Raul08
09-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Well then its fine for private name, but the public name needs a new revamp.

And sorry, but making a new website.....just for a name change is kind of childish.

You should be able to recognize that the name is just going to alienate us, and make us sound like lunatics.
Seriously just change the public name.
Consultant your really about the only arguing that we should all make our own site.

Its just a bad name.....change it.

Hell, think about Iraqi Freedom or whatever the hell it is now. They change that name constantly because it doesnt connect to people.

We're just going to alienate people before they even get the literature. When there is a good chance of resistance to the literature itself, the name doesn't need to give a bad first impression.

Karakia
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM
It's a bad name.

You don't bring slaves together by reminding them they're slaves, anyway. You tell them they're people.

Jaykzo
09-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Throw my vote in for it being a bad name.

My honest belief is that a project with a name like that will never get off the ground.

constituent
09-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Well then its fine for private name, but the public name needs a new revamp.

And sorry, but making a new website.....just for a name change is kind of childish.

You should be able to recognize that the name is just going to alienate us, and make us sound like lunatics.

lol, that's what they said about nov. 5, boston tea party, ron paul radio, that's what rph was told before ron paul riders.... get off it.

tell your snob friends to get over themselves, and maybe it won't be such a problem.

the people you're worried about being alienated from are doing f* all to change a thing, so what should we care?

this project is not aimed at them.

Seriously just change the public name.

lol, yes fuhrer.

well, no.

go to patriotuprising.com if you don't like the name, what is so difficult about that?

Consultant your really about the only arguing that we should all make our own site.

no actually, i'm not. check all the other threads, hell there are others saying the same thing in this thread.

Its just a bad name.....change it.

wow, who do you think you are, ordering others around on a project you've contributed nothing to?

srsly though, get over yourself.

We're just going to alienate people before they even get the literature. When there is a good chance of resistance to the literature itself, the name doesn't need to give a bad first impression.

It doesn't give "people" a "bad impression," it has given you and a few others a bad impression (obviously not that bad an impression or you wouldn't bother being here criticising... unless you're an ex-neocon and this kinda thing is just your M.O.).

Many more think it is great, which is precisely why it has, and will continue to take off.

If you're really concerned (i know you're not) you would be helping w/ patriot uprising. But you're not. Go figure.

It's a bad name.

You don't bring slaves together by reminding them they're slaves, anyway. You tell them they're people.

lol

tell that to this guy:

http://www.wcftr.commarts.wisc.edu/images/feature-pics/spartacus.jpg

Throw my vote in for it being a bad name.

My honest belief is that a project with a name like that will never get off the ground.

then why aren't any of you collaborating on the PatriotUprising.com site?

your inaction betrays your intentions

you have an alternative, but prefer to poo-poo this project and troll the forums over it.

get a life, get active or just get out of the way.

there's nothing really left to be said about it anymore.

a few don't like the name, many more do, there is an alternative for those who don't like the name slave uprising, get to work on it.

otherwise, there'll be no shortage of football games on to boob-tube tomorrow, save up your armchair quarterbacking skills for that. ;)

Jaykzo
09-27-2008, 07:46 PM
your inaction betrays your intentions

you have an alternative, but prefer to poo-poo this project and troll the forums over it.

get a life, get active or just get out of the way.

there's nothing really left to be said about it anymore.

a few don't like the name, many more do, there is an alternative for those who don't like the name slave uprising, get to work on it.

otherwise, there'll be no shortage of football games on to boob-tube tomorrow, save up your armchair quarterbacking skills for that. ;)

I didn't want to respond to this.

But I have to.

I spent maybe 2 minutes on the forum, I heard about a new project called Slave Uprising, and I thought "yuck, there is no chance that anyone would take a project like that seriously unless they've been very well informed about it".

So I spoke up.

And now you say if I don't agree, I should just leave? and go away? because I posted what I thought?

No, I do not need to go get a life, or get active about a project that would be impaired from the get go, or go away. And god damn you witch-hunters, going around calling everyone trolls if they post something that doesn't sit well with you.

I'll happily support any project that I feel would have the ability to gain widespread national attention and support. And as long as the project goes under the name Slave Uprising, I'm sorry. I'd rather save money.

slothman
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I agree it is a bad name.
I thought that the first time I saw it.
I think more people would stay from it with this name than other names.
That's one problem with this site.
They use bad or vague names.

I'll stay here anyway and just ignore words like that.

constituent
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM
And now you say if I don't agree, I should just leave? and go away? because I posted what I thought?

Who said that? Please provide a reference to the post, quote specifically where that was stated.

constituent
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll happily support any project that I feel would have the ability to gain widespread national attention and support. And as long as the project goes under the name Slave Uprising, I'm sorry. I'd rather save money.

I would ask how many times this needs to be spelled out for you, but again, i'll state it simply:

your inactions betray your intentions.

I checked the patriotuprising thread, still no input from you on that so, what gives Jaykzo?

JS4Pat
09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Did I miss something?

What name are we talking about?????

revolutionman
09-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I like the name.

What i don't like is the militant crowd its drawing.

Maybe thats what you guys are going for. if so thats great. Not my flavor though.

i like the idea of being frank though. We are serfs more accurately, but the fact remains, we're not really free. They tax our income, and our spending, and our property, and all sorts of other things to different degrees depending on which state you reside in. our representatives are corrupted, so we are taxed without genuine representation.

The percentage of the tax income that is spent maintaining and improving this nation is embarrassing. So why minimalize the crime being perpetrated on us?

if you were mugged would you minimalize the incident in the police report to "be fair" to the criminal??

I highly fking doubt that.

Why make light of the situation? Why mince words?

Besides, there are dozens of organizations, and thousands of people out there concerned with growing the movement, maybe Slave Uprising is dedicated to organizing and mobilizing people who are already familiar with the message. i know some of us are anarchists, but the reality of the matter, is we do need some kinda structural organization in place within the movement. Campaign For Liberty is too busy being the official representative, and being politically sensitive and all that, to really get its hands dirty in the movement. The CFL touch is too delicate to break the eggs necessary to make this omelet. I think Slave Uprising really just needs to make sure it doesn't break eggs so vigorously we have eggshell for breakfast.

heavenlyboy34
09-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I haven't seen anyone in the movement who is particularly "militant". Passionate, yes. Really, that's all we have. The Great Barry Goldwater said "...extremism in the name of liberty is no vice!". "They" want us quiet. If you just shut up and roll over, "they" win.

I get the sense that people here are not so much trying to weaken the rhetoric as make it more pallatable for normal folks-the people who we need to persuade.

We're in a rather tough position. No matter how important our message is, we are still a minority voice. It seems that decentralization works well for us. I would suggest we continue that and find common ground wherever we can. Some can pursue the "slave" movement while the others do their own thing. I think Mises would approve, don't you?

I like the name.
What i don't like is the militant crowd its drawing.
Maybe thats what you guys are going for. if so thats great. Not my flavor though.
i like the idea of being frank though. We are serfs more accurately, but the fact remains, we're not really free. They tax our income, and our spending, and our property, and all sorts of other things to different degrees depending on which state you reside in. our representatives are corrupted, so we are taxed without genuine representation.
The percentage of the tax income that is spent maintaining and improving this nation is embarrassing. So why minimalize the crime being perpetrated on us?
if you were mugged would you minimalize the incident in the police report to "be fair" to the criminal??
I highly fking doubt that.
Why make light of the situation? Why mince words?
Besides, there are dozens of organizations, and thousands of people out there concerned with growing the movement, maybe Slave Uprising is dedicated to organizing and mobilizing people who are already familiar with the message. i know some of us are anarchists, but the reality of the matter, is we do need some kinda structural organization in place within the movement. Campaign For Liberty is too busy being the official representative, and being politically sensitive and all that, to really get its hands dirty in the movement. The CFL touch is too delicate to break the eggs necessary to make this omelet. I think Slave Uprising really just needs to make sure it doesn't break eggs so vigorously we have eggshell for breakfast.

ronpaulforprez2008
09-27-2008, 11:01 PM
My two cents at this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=158881)

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2008, 11:14 PM
methinks people could have thicker skins and simpler senses sometimes...

If you like the basic idea, what could possibly be wrong with using whichever rhetorical cousin best floats yer boat? Or conceiving your own? What is the downside to that strategy?

I mean..., arrrgggghhhh, ya know, it ain't friggin celestial navigation, mateys...

rbu
09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
http://i20.tinypic.com/spdopc.jpg

Conservationist
09-28-2008, 03:50 AM
We are serfs more accurately, but the fact remains, we're not really free.

Is anyone really "free"?

We need to define "free," because to me it sounds like one of those Big Symbols the ruling powers use to manipulate.

Free from what?

Life requires work. Civilization requires obligation to others. "Free" is BS, no offense.

tggroo7
09-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow, constituent, could you be a little more of an asshole please?

P.S. - I have 100% of my support behind the patriotuprising.com idea.

constituent
09-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow, constituent, could you be a little more of an asshole please?

P.S. - I have 100% of my support behind the patriotuprising.com idea.

yea, i'm the asshole. right.

if telling people to get up off their bottoms and take the actions they see fit makes me an asshole, so be it.

personally, i define asshole as someone who contributes nothing to a project and then demands the whole thing stop, new domains be registered,
all the work put together so far be scrapped, and all the promotion to date go to waste b/c they DEMAND that it be done.

('cuz the name might be a turn off to the "fox and friends" crew they run with... or b/c they're really only here to bad-mouth a project
for any number of reasons, none having to do w/ the promotion of liberty, nor the growth a movement that seeks to oppose the
oppressive regime camped-out in D.C.)

said asshole, when given a number of viable alternative will then call you an asshole for going out of your way to please them while DOING NOTHING to contribute
to that project either.

so, lol.

[that asshole enough for ya? ;)]

Jaykzo
09-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Constituent-

You could be using what I'm saying to assist your effort.

Or you could try and deny that I'm speaking honestly and that I'm actually betraying myself.

If you would like to have a little bit more public support for this project, I strongly suggest completely scrapping the title "slave uprising".

Because the only thing thats keeping me from being a part of it, as it stands. And no, I'm not asking you to demand anything be done, or asking the project to stop, or new domains be registered, I'm just telling you what I think.

I don't understand why it is so hard for you to accept. I'm unwilling to join this project for stated reason. You would rather argue with me than attempt to solve this problem or work out a way to ease my (and others')aversion towards the project.

And no, I don't need to go to some other forum with a prettier name to tell you what I think about this name :P. Seriously, I'm done here. You can listen to me or not, I'm not going to try and get in your way and stop this and I'm not going to try and promote it either. If the name was changed, then I might actually think about being part of a project that I feel isn't impaired from the start.

Consider that my input.

constituent
09-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't understand why it is so hard for you to accept.

I have no problem accepting it. In fact, acceptance is precisely what i've been showing you all along. If you don't like the idea, move on. Help with one of the other projects, or don't. But please quit wasting my time having to refute your non-sense.

Simply move on.

No hard feelings.

I'm unwilling to join this project for stated reason.

Cool, no hard feelings.

You would rather argue with me than attempt to solve this problem

What would solve the problem for you Jaykzo?

If the name were changed would you suddenly be active in promoting/developing or donating?

Or would you maybe suddenly be active?

My guess, you wouldn't have been active either way. Even if i stood on my head to appease you (as i've already done, i see how much thanks it's gotten me).

[as a side note to readers: don't bother trying to please everyone, let alone anyone. if you do, they'll only damn what they don't like and ignore what they do]

So it goes, no hard feelings.

or work out a way to ease my (and others')aversion towards the project.

Hey, it's been tried, but you're not actually interested in that. No, in fact, you're more interested in griping and moaning about this project than helping to develop the others.

Again, you inaction betrays your intentions

And no, I don't need to go to some other forum with a prettier name to tell you what I think about this name :P.

Who said you did? Making stuff up again out of whole clothe to support your argument?

Seriously, I'm done here. You can listen to me or not, I'm not going to try and get in your way and stop this

Great, that's all i've been asking for all along. If you don't support the project, don't.

and I'm not going to try and promote it either.

Frankly, if you don't get it, I'd rather you didn't promote it. That's just speaking for me though, and i'm only one small part of the project.

If you don't like the project, don't help... it's whatever man.

If the name was changed, then I might actually think about being part of a project that I feel isn't impaired from the start.

"might" "think about"

Then why should I care?

That said, to suit you and others, the name has been changed, patriotuprising.com

Yet you don't seem to be helping out with that either.

Again, your inactions betray your intentions.

Consider that my input.

Griping? yes.

Moaning? yes.

Armchair Quarterbacking? Most certainly

Input? indisputably not.

JoshLowry
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
If you would like to have a little bit more public support for this project, I strongly suggest completely scrapping the title "slave uprising".

Because the only thing thats keeping me from being a part of it, as it stands.

http://i38.tinypic.com/mtkykj.png

Roxi
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
ha ha this thread is hilarious..

heres my input:

i like the name... when i heard it i thought it sounded powerful, emotional... i also thought, "hmmmm i wonder what black people will think of all that" so i do understand others hesitation with the name.

HOWEVER - when the original project was announced, if you didn't immediately jump in and start helping/donating/whatever then you don't have the right to tell anyone the name isn't your preference. i agree 100% with constituent and i don't think anyone whos not working on this project has the right to complain about the name. and should go make their own website..

. sure maybe there should be two groups, patriot uprising and slave uprising, people can join one or both groups, wear one or both wristbands it doesn't really effing matter. what matters is

were all fighting for the same damn thing, so either join, make your own group, or shut the hell up

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
How about Sheeple Intifada?

revolutionman
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
heavenlyboy34,
you have always been a little more "in your face" than I if i recall correctly, so i see where you and I might have different rubrics for determining what is passionate and what is radicalism.

I think your right about the intentions of the people who are against the name, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This is one organization of dozens and dozens, in the grand scheme of things one org that does not sugar coat things might be okay.

Decentralization rocks. Thats what makes us teflon, to the COINTELPRO. WTF are they gonna target? there are more leaders in this movement than there are agents in Quantico. Every day some one takes the reigns on a new project. Decentralization is working fantastically for us, but theres always gotta be some level of organization. Theres always gotta be that midnight rider.

amonasro
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
My 2 cents:

I don't like the name. I think it's too anti-establishment to pique the average person's interest. In fact, I haven't even visited the sub-forum yet because I was a little turned off by it. If you are looking to recruit within the established Ron Paul supporters, then fine. But if you are trying to expand your net a little more, I'd strongly suggest changing the title. Very simple marketing concept.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
. sure maybe there should be two groups, patriot uprising and slave uprising, people can join one or both groups, wear one or both wristbands it doesn't really effing matter. what matters is

were all fighting for the same damn thing, so either join, make your own group, or shut the hell up

hehe :D

Wyurm
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I love the name. I am able to understand the symbolism and it's perfect in my opinion.

heavenlyboy34
09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
another thing:

a way to avoid the "extremist" label is to adjust your message depending on who you talk to about it.

JMHO.

hypnagogue
09-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact. Unfortunately, the name Slave Uprising really doesn't do it. I suppose it's fine as an indicator of who's in the movement or not, but it's far too aggressive a name to get any traction with the unpersuaded populace.

You say it's too late to change, and I believe you. I'm left debating whether I want to wear that band around and having to explain to people why I'm advocating a "slave uprising."

DFF
09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
This maybe a good concept (I haven't read the particulars yet) but it's a stupid name. Nobody will take it seriously. People walking around wearing "slave" arm bands will look like retards, and will be subject of mucho ridicule. Just off the top of my head, "New Sons Of Liberty" would be a far better choice.

constituent
09-29-2008, 05:52 AM
This maybe a good concept (I haven't read the particulars yet) but it's a stupid name. Nobody will take it seriously. People walking around wearing "slave" arm bands will look like retards, and will be subject of mucho ridicule. Just off the top of my head, "New Sons Of Liberty" would be a far better choice.

do it!

constituent
09-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact. Unfortunately, the name Slave Uprising really doesn't do it. I suppose it's fine as an indicator of who's in the movement or not, but it's far too aggressive a name to get any traction with the unpersuaded populace.

You say it's too late to change, and I believe you. I'm left debating whether I want to wear that band around and having to explain to people why I'm advocating a "slave uprising."

here is the goal (http://slaveuprising.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67)

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Fuck Constituent!

Jefferson Starship?

constituent
09-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Fuck Constituent!

Jefferson Starship?

hahahaha, yea, until someone comes up w/ something to redeem them from this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRTtkEHrA4) ;)

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 06:11 AM
hahahaha, yea, until someone comes up w/ something to redeem them from this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRTtkEHrA4) ;)

Not the Starship I remember. :D

revolutionman
09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact.

I disagree, there are certain entities that embrace certain ideologies, that operate in a decentralized fashion. They understand their ideology, and they know they're mission and in order to evade authorities, they operate on their own, or in small groups, and go months and even years without any correspondence with the amorphous and vague central organization. They come up with their own plans, and activities, and execute them at their own discretion for the good of their cause.

These entities make good use of this relatively decentralized structure. Every few months for the past 6 years several new leaders crop up every time one is neutralized, and the efforts to contain and neutralize this organization has cost governments billions upon billions of dollars.

Using the same organizational structure, but with a peaceful approach, our movement could touch the sky.

JoshLowry
09-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I disagree, there are certain entities that embrace certain ideologies, that operate in a decentralized fashion. They understand their ideology, and they know they're mission and in order to evade authorities, they operate on their own, or in small groups, and go months and even years without any correspondence with the amorphous and vague central organization. They come up with their own plans, and activities, and execute them at their own discretion for the good of their cause.

These entities make good use of this relatively decentralized structure. Every few months for the past 6 years several new leaders crop up every time one is neutralized, and the efforts to contain and neutralize this organization has cost governments billions upon billions of dollars.

Using the same organizational structure, but with a peaceful approach, our movement could touch the sky.

Peaceful indeed.

revolutionman
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
i certainly hope so Mr. Lowry. I get upset some times, but at the end of the day, there are just too many creative, ways to be disobedient in a civil way to advocate violence, not to mention the moral objections I have to violence not used in self defense. I would not support a violent revolution. Let our adversaries be the ones to look like barbarians on the world stage.

Americas willingness to cheer for the underdog, the compassion, and the charitable nature of the people will see us through more confrontations than firearms and ammunition ever could. We must now and forever remain the innocent victim of the cruel and corrupt system. the minute we cease to be innocent, we lose the benefit of the doubt, and the moral high ground.

dr. hfn
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
No I like slaveuprising.com. I think the name has impact and I know peeps in the Ron Paul R3volution and Freedom Movement will support it.

This has youth appeal and it is hard hitting. Freethinkers will like it!