PDA

View Full Version : Fishy nuke story: USAF GROUNDED on 9/14

susano
09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Six nuclear warheads on cruise missiles were mistakenly carried on a flight from North Dakota to Louisiana last week, prompting a major investigation, military officials have confirmed.

A B-52 is seen on the ground at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, in this file photo.

The plane took the cruise missiles from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base for decommissioning Thursday, the Air Force said.

"This is a major gaffe, and it's going to cause some heads to roll down the line," said Don Shepperd, a retired Air Force major general and military analyst for CNN.

The warheads should have been removed from the missiles before they were attached to the B-52 bomber, according to military officials.

The crew was unaware that the plane was carrying nuclear weapons, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the extraordinary sensitivity and security surrounding the case.

The mistake was discovered after the plane's flight to Louisiana.

Minot Air Force Base is in north central North Dakota and Barksdale Air Force Base is in northwest Louisiana near the Texas border.

But officials also said the incident was a major breach of security rules surrounding nuclear weapons. One Air Force official said that he could not recall anything similar happening.

The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on September 14 to allow for a review of procedures.

Because the incident involved nuclear weapons, it was serious enough that President Bush was notified, according to military officials. Once the mistake was discovered, the Air Force immediately began an inventory of all of its nuclear weapons, a military official said.

Maj. Gen. Douglas Raaberg, director of Air and Space Operations at the Air Combat Command in Langley, Virginia, has been ordered to investigate how the nuclear-tipped missiles were flown across the country without anyone knowing, officials said.

One officer already has been relieved of duty, and several others "decertified" from handling nuclear weapons, officials said.

A military official told CNN there was no nuclear risk to public safety because the weapons were not armed. Officials believe that if the plane had crashed or the missiles somehow had fallen off the wings, the warheads would have remained inert and there would have been no nuclear detonation, though conventional explosive material in the warhead could have detonated.

Military officials also say the missiles could not have been launched because of multiple security procedures required to be enacted before any launch would have been authorized.

Shepperd said the U.S. had agreed in a Cold War-era treaty not to fly nuclear weapons. "It appears that what happened was this treaty agreement was violated," he said.

He agreed with military officials that the situation could not have caused a nuclear detonation, but added, "Any time you have nuclear material on board, if the airplane crashes, nuclear material can be spread in the immediate area of the crash, so you get radioactivity in the immediate area of the crash."

"This is serious business but it was not dangerous business," Shepperd said.

Please look at some very astute comments in the following (scroll past the nuts):
http://godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?messageid=433463&mpage=1&showdate=9/5/07&forum=1

Something isn't right with this story.

susano
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Read This

constituent
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
i'd like to know what system they have for tracking these nukes now that they are reaccounted for, or whatever... i'll bet it is lax...

someone better do a serious serious audit immediately.

susano
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
From a GLP exchange:

Perhaps...just perhaps...the anonymous officers who reported the incident in the first place were actually true patriots who stumbled upon a planned false flag attack?

There's no way in hell those nukes were "accidentally" transported to Barksdale without the pilots' knowledge. As someone here has already said, those pilots have to do a complete walk-around and systems check before they can even leave the ground. They KNEW what they were carrying, but it looks like someone else did, too, and those "someones" ratted out the traitors.

This idea of grounding all military flights on the 14th is BULLSHIT. If there was a problem, the grounding would have happened NOW...immediately...and procedures would have been reviewed NOW...immediately.

Y'all have every reason to hold this incident up to some STRONG-assed light. Let's see if the cockroaches scatter in the light.

Gawd, this really pisses me off.

They are setting us up bigtime. Cheney knows his window of opportunity is closing.

Those fuckers!!!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 293227

I'm with you. Cheney moves nukes for a false flag. USAF patriots sound alarm. USAF traitor, along with Cheney, announces grounding on 9/14 to "investigate". Evey coup has two sides.

susano
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
More thoughts....

If this is some kind of psyops, what is the goal? I don't get it. Certainly CheneyCo doesn't threaten Americans with nukes "accidently" flown over US airspace by US military. A grounding of pilots doesn't seem like anything that makes psyops sense. The only thing I can think of is that the "accident" was staged and excuse for the 9/14 grounding, but why announce it? It only makes THEM look suspicious.

Anyone?

constituent
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
if it is a psyop you'll know b/c we'll have a big catastropic event carried out that does mega damage w/out a nuke (in other words this is just a primer) as an excuse for the mega crackdown...

"you see the damage done by a few overzealous blah blah blah dedicated to the cause of blah blah blah using simple, everyday whatever blahs."

Mesogen
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
They were 6 - 150 kiloton warheads.

If a nuke goes off anywhere in the world in the next six months, what are the odds that it will be 150 kilotons? How many of these particular warheads are out there?

Mesogen
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
How do you like this?

http://www.blacklistednews.com/view.asp?ID=4177

From Lord Xar's nice news site.

Mistakes by U.S. Air Force personnel left five nuclear warheads unaccounted for during a three-hour period on Aug. 30, according to Army Times.

See? It was 5 nukes, not 6. Where did anyone get the idea that there were 6 nukes? I tell ya.

constituent
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
mesogen... have you seen a report that said six? if so do you have a link available?

Mesogen
09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/05/loose.nukes/index.html

Six nuclear warheads on cruise missiles were mistakenly carried on a flight from North Dakota to Louisiana last week, prompting a major investigation, military officials have confirmed.

Maybe we'll see a debate one day about whether there were 5 or 6?

susano
09-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't like this 5 or 6 shit.

Mesogen
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
AP has a 6 nuke story AND a 5 nuke story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20427730/
the story on 6 nukes is from AP

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/09/05/national/a071303D09.DTL
the story on 5 nukes from AP

Then all military flights will be grounded on the 14th, eh? Would any flights be what is called "hot cocked" (I know, I snicker at it too) as in ready to go in a moment's notice for intercept? Or will the skies be completely unprotected?

Richard in Austin
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Dude, where's my nuke?

I know it's around here somewhere, I just set it down for, like, a moment and now it's GONE...

HATE it when that happens!

Wendi
09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Like I said in the thread on this over in hot topics... I suspect that I saw this (or another similar mistake?) in progress. I wonder if there is any way to verify the flight path of that plane... just out of curiosity.

Wendi
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Wait... hold everything... lightbulb moment...

(1) various reports are saying five or six nuke warheads

(2) date a week in the future is set for grounding of military flights

I hope that doesn't mean... no way... it couldn't...

Could it?????????

RP4ME
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Mean what??? Could it mean what?

Tsoman
09-06-2007, 02:25 PM
It's strange that they announced that the airforce will be grounded...:confused:

Isn't that the type of thing you DON'T want to advertise!?

RP4ME
09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Wait... hold everything... lightbulb moment...

(1) various reports are saying five or six nuke warheads

(2) date a week in the future is set for grounding of military flights

I hope that doesn't mean... no way... it couldn't...

Could it?????????

What do you think this means?????

american.swan
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
This story is in the morning English paper here in Seoul.

Odd.

Mesogen
09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
The way the story goes, the B 52 was strapped with 12 cruise missiles under its wings.

6 of them (5?) still had warheads in them. The others did not.

What would be weird is if people at one base are reporting 6 and people at the other base are reporting 5, as in there were 6 at take off and only 5 at landing.

Maybe the grounding and revision of protocol are really the Air Force going apeshit looking for a loose nuke.

I hope not.

There are some interesting comments in this thread from the militarytimes.com

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1559956

constituent
09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
glad they weren't doing some training mission like they do at

jesus, what's that place called on the northside of san antonio?
you can hear them dropping bombs all day sometimes.

Shink
09-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Dammit, I wish I would've known about this before I talked to my friend on the phone today. (I'm an Army vet and I was calling to tease him about this ordeal...) He's not only in the Air Force, but is "Security Forces" aka Military Police at Minot, the base where the fuckup happened.

I was going off an article that was on Infowars pertaining to the possibility of those nukes being on the plane to possibly launch an attack on Iran from Barksdale Air Force Base. http://www.infowars.com/articles/ww3/iran_staging_nukes_for_iran.htm

I asked him about this. He knew what base it went to, Barksdale Air Force Base, and told me that no, that base isn't authorized to use nukes, he said they've failed one too many nuclear inspections. So I think that's scratched out as a reason, unless I find proof that Barksdale IS being used to launch operations in the middle east.

He personally knows the people who are responsible for putting on real nukes. He said they were apparently supposed to put on dummy nukes for training purposes. He helped arrest upwards of 500 people that day.

I wish I would've known about the very eerie grounding of all AF planes on the 14th. I'm going to have to call tomorrow and follow up.

Anyway, glean from this what you will. Hope things turn out for the best...

SK

Shink
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Bump. This shit may end up being vital info.

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Connect the dots anaysis from the intel desk. The system was hacked by Chinese military who sent a delivery order. The internet indicates that Barksdale AFB is home to the Air Force's cyberspace command center, responsible for maintaining secure cyberspace command structure for all of AF's computers, networks, and networked weaponry. This is part of the reason for the stand down on the 14th of September. The hack probably sent quite a message considering the nukes were heading there. They gotta figure out how to stop shit like this from occurring. Recent deaths of associated congress critters seem to have lnks to various pieces of the story involving various committee's and US corporations. Start skimming the dates for related news articles going back to August 23rd and forward. Take a look at Craigs career and figure why they chose now to out him for a June indiscretion. Gilmore is dead. Long history with Air Force judge advocate general corps (front door for AF intel operations). A cop dies in Bush' speeding morocade. Second time this occurred..Last time was Hawaii. Abou the time of the hawaii cops death the Bush twins secret service detail was punched out in Argentina and one of their cellphones stolen.Sept 5, former Congressman Jennifer Dunn R-OH dies of a sudden "embolism" in her home at age 66 in DC. Dunn oversaw congressional review of Boeing-Pentagon contracting procedures, especially in regards to irregularities involving purchase of C130 transports (chemtrail sprayers). She was also co-chair of DHS oversight.

Best
Randy

RP4ME
09-06-2007, 10:35 PM
i cant belive all the conjecture goingon by military folk at militarytimes.com - clearly the militray is not to happy with thsi admin. and seem really worried.

FunkBuddha
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I hope this assessment is wrong.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread302187/pg1

Ozwest
09-12-2007, 06:43 AM
The thread going now at abovetopsecret.com is blowing my mind. Those guys over there are level headed and methodical. The scenario their painting looks grim. Check it out and start spreading the word around.

ToxicFrog
09-12-2007, 09:07 AM
That thread is terrifying.

Hopefully it's just a bunch of people with overactive imaginations? :confused:

foofighter20x
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
The way the story goes, the B 52 was strapped with 12 cruise missiles under its wings.

6 of them (5?) still had warheads in them. The others did not.

What would be weird is if people at one base are reporting 6 and people at the other base are reporting 5, as in there were 6 at take off and only 5 at landing.

Maybe the grounding and revision of protocol are really the Air Force going apeshit looking for a loose nuke.

I hope not.

There are some interesting comments in this thread from the militarytimes.com

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1559956

WTF? I've never seen a B52 fly with any pylons, let alone with anything attached to one...

*shrug* guess it can... found a pic... http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b52_2.jpg