PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulForum.com -- weird story

Harald
05-28-2007, 03:16 PM
I registered and posted a message mentioning our forums and number of subscribers here (650+).

I logged in a half an hour later to see whether there are any responses and my message was removed.

I tried logging in now, but got a response that I have been banned (no reason specified).

:confused:

cujothekitten
05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Weird, I haven't heard anything. I'm sure someone will let you know what happened... maybe there was some kind of glitch or something.

DjLoTi
05-28-2007, 03:23 PM
That website is not as cool as here. :P

JoshLowry
05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
I actually got an email from the admin of that forum two days ago.

He had asked me to stop posting "RonPaulForums.com" url on their site when I never had never even visited his site before he emailed me.

I found out it was actually a forum member from here who had posted on their site telling them about our forums. He was also banned for posting the 'RonPaulForums.com' url.

Doesn't make much sense, but there really isn't much we can do about it.

Harald
05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Do you think we offended some of the people here and they decided to roll their own forum?

DjLoTi
05-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Plus, it's not plural! So.. it's almost like they only have 1 forum. That's no fun. This one has multiple... for multiple issues and ideas on topics. :)

JoshLowry
05-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Do you think we offended some of the people here and they decided to roll their own forum?

Not that I know of... :D

findmemonkey
05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Its about money, people have realized Ron Paul internet market is untapped and they want to profit from google ads
Whoever that guy is he is idiot

cujothekitten
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
:slaps forehead: I thought you were talking about this place banning you.

When did this other place start up?

llamabread
05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Anybody else realize the saying on their banner is the same one as is on ours?

They both say "Hope for America, be a part of it."

I'm pretty sure it was here first, and I don't see any reason why they would use the same one.

Bryan
05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes, there is another forum- which we should hope is a good thing. Even thought Josh is paying $160+ per month for a dedicated server here to handle high loads, I don't think we'd want 1,000,000 users online at once when the good word of Dr. Paul really gets out. :) The more the better, use what works best for you- I'm sure we care about Dr. Paul winning the election as the goal, that is the focus. Josh has shown his willingness to tailor this forum to everyones needs as best possible, I'm appreciative of his cash outlay and efforts. If the other admin doesn't want us linked then that is his prerogative, I hope users here don't push the issue since its time away from our goal of a Dr. Paul victory in 2008. Cheers!

Lois
05-29-2007, 04:19 AM
On many forums, it's a rule that you're not allowed to provide links to other forums or 'advertise' other forums, something like that. It's not just a Ron Paul thing.