PDA

View Full Version : Another Democrat became a Republican today.

hard@work
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
A little chat I had with a buddy, an extension of a few chats we've had regarding his support (and help) for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Republican: Did you google that search string I sent you?
Disenfranchised Democrat: no
Ron Paul Republican: mussolini fascism economics
Disenfranchised Democrat: like I said, I wasn't home at the time.
Ron Paul Republican: there is your search string.
Ron Paul Republican: take you 2 seconds
Disenfranchised Democrat: and what is this going to show me?
Ron Paul Republican: it will save me 5 mins talk time.
Ron Paul Republican: I'm basically re-enforcing something you already are aware of anyways, but giving you the background behind it so that we can have a discussion on a higher level without me having to argue the point you already understand but haven't been able to articulate the same.
Disenfranchised Democrat: so are you trying to send this out as a positive or a negative?
Ron Paul Republican: informational.
Ron Paul Republican: did you google it?
Disenfranchised Democrat: yes
Ron Paul Republican: cool.
Ron Paul Republican: the economics of fascism is a large topic but that's a good start if we're going to talk about laissez faire
Ron Paul Republican: :)
Ron Paul Republican: but if you really must know I'm going to make a comparison between what we have now and the extremist view of laissez faire then the actual realism of the situation in regards to Dr. Paul's economics.
Ron Paul Republican: There is a difference between a "free market" and a completely "unregulated" market which is what you fear. You don't fear the free market at all, you embrace it.
Ron Paul Republican: One of the largest challenges Dr. Paul faces is the misconception that he supports deregulation leading to corporate rule. What he stands for is deregulating subsidization and corporate welfare, removal of statism, removal of market restrictions that are taken advantage of by corporations, and ultimately the removal of the corporatist system and replacement with a true capitalist free market.
Ron Paul Republican: What we have now is corporate rule. What we need is American business rule.
Ron Paul Republican: Anyways, that's the argument I would make against the current economic system. I'm no supporter of pure laissez faire but our constitution does not allow for fraud. And in a real free market system, fraud is the enemy. In a corporate system fraud is the standard.
Disenfranchised Democrat: sold

Another conversion by just breaking down the truth to a misconception. Thought someone might like a smile today so I posted it.

Lord Xar
09-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I like it..

clean up the punctuation and such.. you could actually put this on a flyer as "real ron paul supporters talking".. ..

hard@work
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I like it..

clean up the punctuation and such.. you could actually put this on a flyer as "real ron paul supporters talking".. ..

Feel free. The punctuation and such stands though - that was a chat, irl idk iirc I have decent grammar. But you are welcome to use the text however you'd like in context.

;-)