PDA

View Full Version : Is this bailout going to pass?

winston_blade
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Right now we have only 4 republicans supporting the bailout. That is fantastic, but what about the Dems? How many of them are for and against it. The more information that becomes available, post it here. Are Dems going to vote unison to approve the bailout?

Bruno
09-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Right now we have only 4 republicans supporting the bailout. That is fantastic, but what about the Dems? How many of them are for and against it. The more information that becomes available, post it here. Are Dems going to vote unison to approve the bailout?

Call them and put some pressure on them. I called all of ours today. It only took a few minutes.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Not if we have anything to say about it. Just called and emailed my Congressman and both of my Senators.

powerofreason
09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
It will pass. McCain and Obama will come out with a joint statement for it.

powerofreason
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Printing presses are firing up as we speak I'm sure.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
As I posted elsewhere, don't celebrate if this fails.

Don't think a voting down of this proposal is the end. Donning my tinfoil hat and reviewing the typical process of big government growth, this proposal will be defeated or withdrawn, and a scaled-down, "palatable" version will be proposed in its place. Everyone will sigh in relief that the terrible, trial balloon version failed.

They always start with the desensitizing phase: the unthinkable version. Then they throw in a government "investigation," either some penalties or accountabilities, and the general public thinks the new, compromise version is just fine.

Look at any creeping program's origins. That's how they do it.

SLSteven
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
It will pass. McCain and Obama will come out with a joint statement for it.

The last time we had so many politicians rally together we got the Patriot Act.