PDA

View Full Version : Check out this statement from my Congresswoman!!!

mconder
09-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope they can all be this brave.

http://musgrave.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=103284

Washington, D.C., Sep 23 -

Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave today released the following statement regarding her opposition to the proposed Wall Street bailout:

“For years, Americans on Main Street have heard about the lavish excesses of Wall Street. We heard about their mansions, exotic cars and above all, record profits. Now the party is over and the same bankers are asking working families across the country to bear the consequences of their excess and greed. I refuse to burden families already struggling with soaring energy and food prices with bailing out investment banks that made bad decisions.”

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
r or d? is she going to stay this strong when the add sweet deals for deadbeat homeowners?

surf
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
outfuckingstanding. i don't care if she's a member of the Communist Party - good for her.

mconder
09-24-2008, 02:18 PM
She's republican and I don't think she'll change her mind on this unless they make her emperor. Everybody has a price.

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
She's republican and I don't think she'll change her mind on this unless they make her emperor. Everybody has a price.

sweet. Lots of reps are against this.

mconder
09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
The sad thing is that even if this is voted down, "they" always get their way in the end. They will just rename the bill, or do something to cause a little fear and pain and eventually get what they want, which is total dollar destruction. They will eventually get their new currency.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I hope they can all be this brave.

http://musgrave.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=103284

Washington, D.C., Sep 23 -

Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave today released the following statement regarding her opposition to the proposed Wall Street bailout:

“For years, Americans on Main Street have heard about the lavish excesses of Wall Street. We heard about their mansions, exotic cars and above all, record profits. Now the party is over and the same bankers are asking working families across the country to bear the consequences of their excess and greed. I refuse to burden families already struggling with soaring energy and food prices with bailing out investment banks that made bad decisions.”

Sounds like she thinks, along with McCain, the root of the problem is greediness on the part of those nasty capitalists. I have a feeling the kind of solution she has in mind is more regulation and government control of the financial markets. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I've quickly been coming to realize that there's really only one true free market proponent in Congress these days.

BeFranklin
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM

And when you can print the money, its easy to give that price :rolleyes:

Menthol Patch
09-24-2008, 05:09 PM
This is the result of phone calls.

Keep calling.

olehounddog
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
The sad thing is that even if this is voted down, "they" always get their way in the end. They will just rename the bill, or do something to cause a little fear and pain and eventually get what they want, which is total dollar destruction. They will eventually get their new currency.

Yep. Can you spell executive order:mad:

Fyretrohl
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
IF...Not IF...They have to pass such a bill, I propose it start with the following steps:

1 - All executives pay and assets are locked up and sold off. They will be allowed to keep an 'average' home and a standard salary of no more than $100,000 a year. The funds recovered will be the first source of recovery.

2 - To show faith to the American people, all federally elected officials salary will be cut to an amount no more the 80k. Vice President to be 100k. President not to exceed 150k. All government funded pensions to be liquidated. Savings to be used to fund the bill.

3 - Federal Reserve control of the Gold Reserve is removed. All gold returned to US control.

4 - Any mortgage owned by any of these companies that appear to have been made in bad faith by the company or in bad judgement shall be liquidated and the individual who purchased the house will be granted free title.

5 - Severe penalities will be imposed on those who committed fraud, whether it be individuals, brokers, or other links in the chain.