PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson gets specific

bbachtung
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Here's the transcript of tonight's Fred Thompson commercial (read by ol' Fred himself):

"I'm Fred Thompson and I approved this message.

"On the next president's watch, our country will make decisions that will affect our lives and our families far into the future.

"We can't allow ourselves to become a weaker, less prosperous and more divided nation.

"Today, as before, the fate of millions across the world depends on the unity and resolve of the American people.

"I talk about this tomorrow on Fred08.com. I invite you to take a look and join us."

Talk about specific! My, oh, my those opinions! Fred is so outspoken!

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Here's the transcript of tonight's Fred Thompson commercial (read by ol' Fred himself):

Talk about specific! My, oh, my those opinions! Fred is so outspoken!

Hehehe!!! Yeah, I can't believe he really went there on the whole "less prosperous, more divided nation" thing!!!

Oh no you di'int, Fred!

Santana28
09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
hmm.

i have a feeling part of the reason ol' Freddy has waited this long to jump into the race is because he plans on using every play out of RP2008's book and be the last gasp at "stealing the thunder" so to speak. He's going to talk (vaguely) like Ron Paul, mention the constitution like Ron Paul, and try to copy the grassroots enthusiasm like Ron Paul.

And he's going to fail miserably when the fundraising never comes through for him - like it will for Ron Paul.

Yet another hopeless GOP tactic - they'll never stop the Revolution baby! There's only one genuine article out there, and we all know who he is.

micahnelson
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Nelson Law of Inverse Political Speech: "If the inverse of a political statement is not a defensible position, then the speaker has not made true stand."

Lets apply the rule:
"I'm Fred Thompson and I approved this message.

"On the next president's watch, No choices our country makes will have an effect on America's future.

We should allow ourselves to become weaker, more divided, and less prosperous.

Today, the world depends on the disharmony and lack of resolve of the American people.

I talk about this tommorow on Fred08.com. I invite you to take a look and join us. "

Paulitician
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
And he's going to fail miserably when the fundraising never comes through for him - like it will for Ron Paul.
How do you know? Don't you think there are going to be high prolife celebrities, corporations and special interests who will contribute to his campaign, along with the braindead, brainwashed sheeple?

njandrewg
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I am for prosperity!
I am for Americans!
I am against killing babies!
I am against raping women!

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I am for prosperity!
I am for Americans!
I am against killing babies!
I am against raping women!

I am against random puppy murder and all who practice it. I am also against a moritorium on happy, fluffy sunshine unicorns. Top THAT, Mitt!!! Hehe!

themanhere
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
it looks like he just woke and decided to shoot a tv ad.

FSP-Rebel
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Talk about being vague on the issues:rolleyes:

Paulitician
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Talk about being vague on the issues:rolleyes:
You can't be vague on something you never brought up in the first place :p

cujothekitten
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
"Today, as before, the fate of millions across the world depends on the unity and resolve of the American people."

Um... why? Why does the fate of millions across the world depend on the unity and resolve of the American people? Is he saying that the world depends on us or something?

smtwngrl
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I heard Fred Thompson speak on tv recently, and now I know why he waited so long to get in. He's a very boring speaker, and it's hard to listen to him.

I'm not surprised that he is trying to avoid being in very many of the debates.

speciallyblend
09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
funny thing it doesnt even work yet ,hahaha anyway here is the contact if they get it working.

http://www.fred08.com/Contact/Contact.aspx you can email them once they have it working??? hehe

http://www.fred08.com/Contact/Contact.aspx this is the error page shhh:)

When you email use the volunteer choice this is what i wrote

sorry a lil late,I'm supporting Ron Paul,you can be his vp if your truly are a conservative thanks registered republican kenny

RON PAUL2008 we shadow him everywhere he goes with Ron Paul supporters like a former poster said treat them as RON PAUL RALLYS:D

Ron Paul 2008

Qiu
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Fred Thompson is against less prosperity, against division, and is for unity? Wow he's got my vote...What a unique and resonant message.:D

EvilTwinkie
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I didnt know Fred Thompson was a Paul supporter.

speciallyblend
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I didnt know Fred Thompson was a Paul supporter.

point is to send the fredheads a message to late too little we want RON PAUL