PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible they will postpone the election?

gaazn
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
They manufactured this "crisis." Will they create another one just before the election?

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Anything is possible.

pacelli
09-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Suddenly I'm worried less about Iran being used as the excuse and more about the economy. Then again we may get a double whammy.

Either way I've never been fully convinced that Bush was ready to step down.

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Nah, next thing they just might be asking the taxpayers to bail out Wall Street. :rolleyes: :D

robertwerden
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
NO

jcarcinogen
09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
It is Juan McCain that doesn't want the debate. He hasn't been in Congress for role call since April and now wants to suspend his candidacy to address the economy which he said a few days a go was "sound"? This is a cowardly political stunt to weasel out of a debate focused on foreign policy (he wants more defense spending) he can't win.

Cowardly, McCain.

crackyflipside
09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm very worried this may postpone the election if there are riots. The people generally avoid revolution... but once you start screwing with their money, BIG things happen.

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
It is Juan McCain that doesn't want the debate. He hasn't been in Congress for role call since April and now wants to suspend his candidacy to address the economy which he said a few days a go was "sound"? This is a cowardly political stunt to weasel out of a debate focused on foreign policy (he wants more defense spending) he can't win.

Cowardly, McCain. Will they dock his pay? :D

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't put anything past them at this point. If they postpone elections for this first time in history and the American people aren't rioting, then we are just screwed.

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I loved it when Bubba shut down the government in the 90s and hardly anyone complained. :D

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Why stop the election and create unnecessary rebellion when as long as McCain or Obama wins 'they' win anyway?

If someone like Ron Paul was going to win, then maybe, but why would they for McCain or Obama?

"One of our puppets is going to win! Stop the election!"

LittleLightShining
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I remember about 2 years ago reading an Onion piece that basically said that plans were already in the works for Bush & Co to suspend the 2008 election. I didn't realize it was from the Onion and I freaked out and emailed it to a bunch of people....

Standing Like A Rock
09-24-2008, 03:32 PM
According to the constitution, Congress sets a national Election Day. Currently, Electors are chosen on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November, in the year before the President's term is to expire. So Congress could delay the national election day. HOWEVER, the Electors cast their votes on the Monday following the second Wednesday in December of that same year. Thereafter, the votes are opened and counted by the Vice President, as President of the Senate, in a joint session of Congress. So the Electors will have to cast their votes on December 15, 2008 no matter what and then.

But nowadays, nobody pays attention to the constitution so it is possible that they will illegally delay the election.

gaazn
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Lincoln was a supersmart President. He knew if he had postponed the election during Civil War, we'd be postponing elections for every little thing.

malibuu
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
George W. should move out sooner if anything.

regtoday
09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Why do you think they're bringing that active brigade here?