PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson Train Is A-Stallin' Before She Leaves the Station

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I know Ron Paul wouldn't want us to take joy in the agony of others, but...

Fox News today, emphasis added:

On the eve of his official campaign kickoff, Fred Thompson's campaign strategy is shifting dramatically.

The former Tennessee senator on Wednesday was set to appear on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and was expected to make his official entry into the race on Thursday.

By doing so, Thompson was skipping a Republican debate — sponsored by FOX News — and instead planned on running a campaign ad during the debate...

He later was expected to follow up the television ad with a longer Web video.

The moves mark a stark contrast to what earlier campaign officials had planned and advised him to do and give another reason for why Thompson appears to be losing his core of original supporters at a quickening pace.

More resignations of Thompson's original core — "Fred Heads" — were expected in coming days, which could leave Thompson without any of his original supporters who joined him in March.

Thompson's campaign events and strategy for Wednesday and Thursday are markedly different than what had been under development since March and finalized just last month.

For instance, when Thompson appeared on Leno's show in June, several senior campaign staffers said that Thompson would "never return to Hollywood" for his campaign announcement, citing that that was how Republican candidate John McCain kicked off his campaign, which is now in the doldrums.

And the staffers also swore off a Web video announcement, the way Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton notified her base.

The plan had been to launch in Nashville and head to New Hampshire and Iowa.

One month ago, Thompson had a speech ready and the campaign had the original home of The Grand Ole Opry — The Ryman Auditorium — on hold with a planned announcement for Sept. 4.

The speech had been written, but two weeks ago new Thompson campaign manager Bill Lacy tossed it out. He replaced the speech with the video announcement and changed plans to skip the FOX debate...

Instead of running a "new kind of media strategy" it's now "pretty corporate" according to insiders.

While most of the original supporters have been fired or have left, two remaining sources say they will be quitting shortly, with new developments that recent hire Jim Mills is leaving.

Mills, a former FOX News congressional correspondent who joined Thompson's media team earlier this summer, was told he was being let go Friday, sources tell FOX News. He had been personally recruited by Thompson and his wife, Jeri, slightly more than one month earlier.

The sources say Lacy fired Mills and is looking to fill Thompson's team with former GOP staffers. Lacy ran Thompson's 1994 successful Senate campaign but later was fired as an ad consultant from the unsuccessful presidential campaign of Sen. Bob Dole in 1996.

Mills is only one of about a dozen who have left their jobs to join the Thompson campaign only to be released far sooner than expected. Sources reportedly are questioning whether they were misled about the campaign intentions.

And some of those who have left the campaign are saying that the missteps and turn-arounds are indicative of Thompson's inattentiveness and deep-seated disinterest or lack of motivation for the campaign.

There are more major resignations of founding Fred heads looming over the way the "new media strategy" was supplanted by a "corporate" and "predictable" approach. They also are protesting the way so many people have been treated by the candidate and spouse...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295796,00.html

Oh my.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Fred Thompson is a pedophile :D

Michael Ingram
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
ya, great huh?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I just want to know why they joined him in the beginning? When they don't even know his positions lol

speciallyblend
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
funny thing it doesnt even work yet ,hahaha anyway here is the contact if they get it working.

http://www.fred08.com/Contact/Contact.aspx you can email them once they have it working??? hehe

http://www.fred08.com/Contact/Contact.aspx this is the error page shhh:)

When you email use the volunteer choice this is what i wrote

sorry a lil late,I'm supporting Ron Paul,you can be his vp if your truly are a conservative thanks registered republican kenny

RON PAUL2008 we shadow him everywhere he goes with Ron Paul supporters like a former poster said treat them as RON PAUL RALLYS:D

BE NICE,but we should inform the fred heads about RON PAUL,might frustratesome more volunteers and make there camp quit,it cant hurt,just be nice and polite:):D

Mr. White
09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
This is what's known as micromanagement, the problem is no one's in charge

Ira Aten
09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I met three Fred Heads at the Texas Straw Poll.
When I asked them if the 2nd Amendment was important to them, they all three said Hell yeah, this is Texas, etc. etc.

When I asked if they had seen his Senate record on anti 2nd Amendment voting history, they said no, and when I showed them the GOA listing of his 14 anti-gun votes, their response was "... Well, I bet I can go find the same amount of anti gun votes by Ron Paul"

Hmmmm. There are none so blind, as he who will not see.