PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is talking about these deadbeat homeowners

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM
HOW ABOUT THE PEOPLE NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY A HOUSE ON THE F#$KING BUBBLE???

I say lets these dumbasses get foreclosed on and allow ME to buy their house for next to nothing (its true worth).

I am getting more and more pissed everyday. :mad:

Bruno
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
+1

While some were simply ignorant and uniformed, many either speculated or didn't have the credit to get a home just a few years before the lax standards and low rates.

MRoCkEd
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
some are against this bailout for the wrong reasons, but at least they are against it
throw in some homeowner bailouts, however, and the game changes...

Bruno
09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
some are against this bailout for the wrong reasons, but at least they are against it
throw in some homeowner bailouts, however, and the game changes...

true.

"hey, what about my constituents? add in a few billion for them, and i'm on board"

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 10:41 AM
true.

"hey, what about my constituents? add in a few billion for them, and i'm on board"

That is all I have heard from the Dem speakers today. Where the hell is the restructure of my loan? Oh ya I DID NOT BUT A HOUSE AT MAX VALUE ON A BAD LOAN. I get nothing...

nbhadja
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree. Morons who bought houses they could not afford deserve to have it foreclosed.

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
How many "sub prime loan" homeowners are there? Does anyone here know? How much just to buy their houses? :D

I'll bet it's much less than $700 BILLION. ;) :rolleyes:

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
How many "sub prime loan" homeowners are there? Does anyone here know? How much just to buy their houses? :D

good question, do you know the answer?

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 10:47 AM
good question, do you know the answer? Nope, that's why I asked? ;)

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Nope, that's why I asked? ;)

last year 2.2 million?

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/03/foreclosures_numbers.html

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 11:01 AM
last year 2.2 million?

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/03/foreclosures_numbers.html :cool: Thanks! :)

A trillion$ is a million million $. Hmm?

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 02:03 PM
bastards

surf
09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
be careful here, it's easy to blame borrowers - but we've got to remember how they got into these places and the prevalent belief that asset values would continue to increase.

the Fed is where we should direct our anger, not Joe Sixpack that lives in a mansion he can't afford.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
nt

Bossobass
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Ron is right. Listen to him.

No excessive credit at artificially low interest rates, no bad loans.

All assets will be devoured by the debt. All assets.

Even if you own your home free and clear, you won't be able to support the tax burden from the local, state and federal debt, so please don't turn on fellow citizens when the 900 pound gorilla is sitting on the House floor spewing pure BS.

Bosso

ItsTime
09-24-2008, 04:16 PM
be careful here, it's easy to blame borrowers - but we've got to remember how they got into these places and the prevalent belief that asset values would continue to increase.

the Fed is where we should direct our anger, not Joe Sixpack that lives in a mansion he can't afford.

ummmmmmmm If Joe six pack never took the loan we would not be here right now. If Joe sixpack was not so god damn stupid we would not be right here. Sorry if I hold my fellow Americans higher than that of an ape in heat.

I blame BOTH.

surf
09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
the fed and the agencies created this bubble, not the deadbeat borrowers. don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing that people in homes they can't afford are victims.

but to blame these folks for the economic clusterfuck we are in right now is ludicrous. "main street is where this all began and is responsible" is a senseless argument.

joe sixpack is not where we need to point fingers. fingers (my middle one) should all be directed toward Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Hank Paulson, etc. but primarily at the Fed, not the guy who saw homes increasing 50% in value annually and figured he'd be an idiot if he didn't jump in....