PDA

View Full Version : Burn up their phone lines again today!

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Call your Sentaors and House Reps to share your view of the bailout.

Try not to cuss!

Find the DC office lines for House members here:

http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/mcapdir.html

Find the DC office lines for Senators here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

:)

Dorfsmith
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
bump

itshappening
09-24-2008, 08:50 AM

ghengis86
09-24-2008, 08:55 AM
FYI,

I called all three of my reps yesterday: one senator's phone rang until i got a voicemail, which said his mailbox was full and then hung up. The other senator's staff picked up adn took my comments. My representative in congress answered and was polite. When asked, she said that their phones have been ringing non-stop and that all were against the $700 billion bailout.

angelatc
09-24-2008, 09:03 AM
My hubby and I are meeting for lunch and we're going to Senator Levin's Warren, MI office.

If you live near a Congressional field office, take an hour get off the internet and give them a polite piece of your mind in person.

In a wonderful world, we'd be filling up their parking lots.

And this "we" goes beyond the RPF crowd. Every single person who is against the bail out should be showing up to fight.

Not protest. Fight.

Dorfsmith
09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Just made my calls for today.

Senator John McCain's mailbox was full so I couldn't leave a message :rolleyes:

The guy who answered the phone for Senator Jon Kyl was shocked when I said "Vote no on any version of the financial bailout". He's like what? Any version??? :D

The girl who answered the phone for Congressman Rick Renzi said they have been swamped with calls all day. :cool::cool::cool:

ShowMeLiberty
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Just made my calls for today.

Senator John McCain's mailbox was full so I couldn't leave a message :rolleyes:

The guy who answered the phone for Senator Jon Kyl was shocked when I said "Vote no on any version of the financial bailout". He's like what? Any version??? :D

The girl who answered the phone for Congressman Rick Renzi said they have been swamped with calls all day. :cool::cool::cool:

I like the "any version" spin. :D

We should also tell them that we're watching the hearings and are not satisfied with Paulson & Bernanke's justifications.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 09:50 AM

We should also tell them that we're watching the hearings and are not satisfied with Paulson & Bernanke's justifications.

Good point. They will just spin out a new version to appease some points, and still steal all the power.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Try not to cuss!

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Check your second link, MsD. Webpage not found.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
It was working last night and this morning before I posted it here.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I will take that to mean that they are getting HAMMERED HAMMERED HAMMERED.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bruno
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I callled all of mine, and suggested to vote No IN ANY FORM!

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Bump.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

tpreitzel
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Done again...Senators Enzi and Barrasso, Representative Cubin. Keep calling! We are getting heard!

Adrian.Bisson
09-24-2008, 10:52 AM
I called Sen. Lugar, Sen. Bayh's voicemail was FULL so I had to email him, also emailed Rep. Souder.

This is important. Just do it.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
If you guys are getting voice mails, I encourage you to LOOK UP THE LOCAL OFFICE NUMBER and call that.

Seriously - tell them at the LOCAL OFFICE that the folks in DC are not accepting calls and you DEMAND that your voice be heard!

DO NOT LET THEM SHUT YOU OUT!!!

(I am feeling sort of ... menthol patchy. :eek:)

pacelli
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Called Senator Burr and politely gave his aide my reasons for opposition. Senator Dole is still ringing off the hook. Called Congressman Price and told his aide that I opposed the bailout and would vote against any representative that voted for it-- he seemed much more interested when I told him that I lived in Price's district.

V4Vendetta
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I callled all of mine, and suggested to vote No IN ANY FORM!

suggested?
You know they work for you right?
Why didn't you TELL them?

Dary
09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Done.

Congressman Ander Crenshaw (202) 225-2501
Senator Mel Martinez (202) 224-3041
Senator Bill Nelson (202) 224-5274

They all said that they are being flooded with calls.

JK/SEA
09-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Just called both Senators from Washington State. Cantwell, voice mail, Murray, i got a live one. Told him i was just elected a PCO and the people in my precinct who i have talked to are ready to pick up pitch forks and torches, and i said 3 times, very slowly, that i implore Senator Murray to use her clout to get this proposal deep sixed. No version of this should see the light of day. I repeated myself with deliberate tones, and and gave him a veiled warning about the people out here in the wild west are getting to panic mode, and God help us all if this happens.

More calls latter. I have to calm down first.

V4Vendetta
09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Texas senators:

coryn voicemail after 1 ring and hutchinson's line is busy.

They are ignoring our phone calls.

amy31416
09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
MsD, can we temporarily sticky the list of reps/phone numbers that you posted yesterday?

ghengis86
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
For Lake County, Indiana

Sen. Bayh - (202) 224-5623
Sen. Lugar - (202) 224-4814
Rep. Visclosky - (202) 225-2461

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Hit their local lines, V.

Seriously.

They both have multiple local offices, you could do as I did and call them all. :o

(Don't cuss - they hang up on you if you cuss. :o)

georgiapeach
09-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I emailed all my peeps last Friday and called their offices yesterday. SO now I am going down the whole list. So far today:

Neil Abercrombie's office: Didn't catch the name of the guy I talked to, but we wound up talking for about 5 minutes. He said Neil is totally against the Wall Street bailout but is willing to consider one that will help people keep their houses since he is sure that a bailout of some form will happen. He said that they he and Neil both agreed that Bernake and Paulson have been terrible about answering questions. AND, he said there was some sort of meeting yesterday about the bailout that Dick Cheney was in, and that tricky SOB was really pushing the bill. He said that the Republicans in the meeting said "No!" and walked out. He said it was the first time he had heard of the Republicans standing up to the White House. He said he has been a ton of calls from people against the bill. Yay!!

Gary Ackerman's office: asked me about state of residence. Said that they had had an overwhelming amount of calls from people against the bill.

Robert Aderholt: not taking messages from people outside of his district. :mad:

Todd Akin's office: asked me if I lived in some town in MO. I didn't catch the name of it but I said yes anyway. Left message.

Called Thomas Allen, Jason Altmire, Robert Andrews, and Rodney Alexander. I left messages with all of them but nothing interesting to report on them.

I'm going back to calling people. I'll report back later with progress.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
suggested?
You know they work for you right?
Why didn't you TELL them?

I did TELL, just chose bad wording when I wrote that. I was pretty clear about it, in fact. :D

Bruno
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I emailed all my peeps last Friday and called their offices yesterday. SO now I am going down the whole list. So far today:

Neil Abercrombie's office: Didn't catch the name of the guy I talked to, but we wound up talking for about 5 minutes. He said Neil is totally against the Wall Street bailout but is willing to consider one that will help people keep their houses since he is sure that a bailout of some form will happen. He said that they he and Neil both agreed that Bernake and Paulson have been terrible about answering questions. AND, he said there was some sort of meeting yesterday about the bailout that Dick Cheney was in, and that tricky SOB was really pushing the bill. He said that the Republicans in the meeting said "No!" and walked out. He said it was the first time he had heard of the Republicans standing up to the White House. He said he has been a ton of calls from people against the bill. Yay!!

Gary Ackerman's office: asked me about state of residence. Said that they had had an overwhelming amount of calls from people against the bill.

Robert Aderholt: not taking messages from people outside of his district. :mad:

Todd Akin's office: asked me if I lived in some town in MO. I didn't catch the name of it but I said yes anyway. Left message.

Called Thomas Allen, Jason Altmire, Robert Andrews, and Rodney Alexander. I left messages with all of them but nothing interesting to report on them.

I'm going back to calling people. I'll report back later with progress.

encouraging! thanks for the update!

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Done yesterday getting others to follow suit today.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Done yesterday getting others to follow suit today.

call again if you have time. I did. They'll mark it down as another NO vote

Dary
09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Senator Bill Nelson of Florida just said on C-SPAN that he won’t vote for the 700 billion, but he’d vote for 150 billion then come back later for more if it was working and only if they created some sort of government agency that would insure that the money would go to keeping people in their homes.

matthylland
09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
got my 3.
I was able to reach the aides of each of them, and left a polite message.
Keep it up guys, its all over the news that there is doubt about this bailout from congress.

It makes me even happier to see republicans walking out of a meeting with Cheney! how cool is that.

V4Vendetta
09-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Just got in contact with Senator John Cornyn office the guys words that answered the phone:

"Mr. Coryn doesn't think the Federal Government has the authority to bail out corporations."

I NEARLY FAINTED WHEN I HEARD THOSE WORDS!!!!!!
Call him to verify:
(202) 224-2934

Still get a busy signal when calling Hutchinson's office.
(202) 224-5922

matthylland
09-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Just got in contact with Senator John Cornyn office the guys words that answered the phone:

"Mr. Coryn doesn't think the Federal Government has the authority to bail out corporations."

That is great to hear...people actually thinking about this...I love it!

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Guys, make sure to tell whoever you reach that you don't support the bill in any way, shape, or form! Don't give them a loophole.

undergroundrr
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Called my congressman. Joe Barton's assistant says he's against the plan.

Great to hear about Cornyn as well, although I don't trust either of them.

LibertyEagle
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM

Call him to verify:
(202) 224-2934

When they get to the point when they answer the phone speaking those words, THEN we will have done something.

Dave
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Here's what I did yesterday:
Called statewide radio talk show (WHO) and spoke for several mintues about why the bailout is wrong and encouraged everyone to call their reps/senators. Used the pdf from the C4L website for talking points. Mentioned C4L a couple times - encouraged everyone to join us in mobilizing to fight this nonsense.
Called my rep/senators and told their staff that I wanted them to vote against the bailout.
Put on a suit/tie and took a stack of the handouts to my County (largest in IA) GOP Central Committee meeting and spoke on behalf of C4L about organizing opposition to the bailouts. I was very well received and there were lots of questions and lots of agreement. To my surprise I was then elected to my Congressional District GOP Executive Committee.
I was dejected after attending the RNC but I sucked it up and went back to my GOP. They receive these messages much better when they get it from "one of their own" than if I just stuff it under their windshield wiper.

Everyone keep calling! Senator Grassley says his phones are ringing off the hook and that he hasn't made up his mind yet.

Call your local radio talk shows and tell them there IS a solution to this crisis - everyone wants to talk about what's going on. It's easy - just use the handout for talking points.

georgiapeach
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Ok, now I have called:
Michael Acuri, Joe Baca, Michele Bachmann, Spencer Bachus, Brian Baird, Tammy Baldwin. Gresham Barrett, Roscoe Bartlett, Joe Burton, Mellissa Bean, and Xavier Becerra. For all those I just left a message with their secretary, nothing special.

The gentleman who answered John Barrow's phone said that Congressman Barrow had not seen the bill in writing and therefore had made no commitment either way. He said that if he did ok it then the Congressman wanted executive paycuts and more regulations. Booo!! I told him that if the Wall Street wasn't depending on a government bailout they would figure a way out on their own. I am not ok with a taxpayer bailout!
Ya'll should give Congressman Barrow a little extra phone call attention.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Folks, I had one of them try that "we only serve OUR district" bullshit with me yesterday.

Earmarks.

You want to serve only your district? We can play that game and work to keep your districts paws out of my districts pockets.

:eek:

If I hear that again, I'm going to use that and see how it works...lol...

Menthol Patch
09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Keep making phonecalls everyone!

Dorfsmith
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
My wife just told me that she will be making calls on her lunch break. :cool:

Menthol Patch
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
My wife just told me that she will be making calls on her lunch break. :cool:

That is fantastic to hear!

If this bailout goes through our nation will have turned into a communist state and the constitution is completely null and void.

LittleLightShining
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Me, too which is what I told them Monday, Tuesday and again today.

withallmyheart
09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Send emails out to friends and family - call now - NO more bailouts, not ANY version of a bailout.

SLSteven
09-24-2008, 01:28 PM

Try not to cuss!

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Thanks for all of your work for the cause of liberty MsDoodahs!

Menthol Patch
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Call! Call! Call!

It's urgent we keep calling!

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Tell your family and friends! This is making news! Fox business says many congressmen have been getting an overload of phonecalls. We are not alone! Keep pushing!

teshuah
09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
if this doesn't go through and another version gets brought up... keep on the pressure

tell them you are undecided on who to vote for in November and they will NOT get your vote in November if they are up for Re-Election.

mconder
09-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I just called my house rep and she is opposed to any bailout.

Check out her statement. She rocks on this issue:

http://musgrave.house.gov/

MsDoodahs
09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
BUMP.

Keep working the phones.

PUSH THIS.

phoenixrising
09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
main number for congress is 202-225-3121

Toll-Free numbers:
(800) 828 - 0498
(800) 614 - 2803
(866) 340 - 9281
(866) 338 - 1015
(877) 851 - 6437
(800) 459 - 1887

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Keep going people! It's all over the news. The people have spoken...NO BAILOUT! Let's hammer this one home!

SLSteven
09-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Keep the phone numbers in your cell phone. We may be doing a lot more calling...

jabrownie
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't forget that even if you're not in their state, it would still be reasonable to contact Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid since they are the heads of Congress and therefore aren't representing only their state's constituency.

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Keep calling and saying "NO to the bill in any shape or form!" Tell your friends and family!

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Bump for this guys. Congress has "made progress" on that bill...they are beginning to reach an agreement. Bombard their phones telling them you aren't happy with any form of the bailout bill.

Dorfsmith
09-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Bump for this guys. Congress has "made progress" on that bill...they are beginning to reach an agreement. Bombard their phones telling them you aren't happy with any form of the bailout bill.

Just saw that on drudge. I'll call again in the morning.

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Just saw that on drudge. I'll call again in the morning.

I'm surprised we don't have more posts in this thread....it seems like more people talk than "do."

Thanks for fighting the good fight. Let's try and keep this bumped...it's important.

HOLLYWOOD
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Call the leaders: Nancy PELOSI, Harry REID, John BOEHNER

An MEGA MOUTHS: Barney FRANK, Chris DODD, Charles SHUMER

The GANG of 6 plus the 3 Financial Stooges: Blair, Bernake, Paulson.

9 Lives of the KLEPTOCRACY!

kathy88
09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I work within walking distance of a congressional field office and the Senator's office :) :) :)

I think I know what I can get about 25 people to do tomorrow at lunch. I think I may call the local paper as well.

Bruno
09-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Call the leaders: Nancy PELOSI, Harry REID, John BOEHNER

An MEGA MOUTHS: Barney FRANK, Chris DODD, Charles SHUMER

The GANG of 6 plus the 3 Financial Stooges: Blair, Bernake, Paulson.

9 Lives of the KLEPTOCRACY!

I'll be calling them all tomorrow!

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
good job, guys! try leaving messages tonight! No bailout bill in any shape or form!

Kevin_Kennedy
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm going to be making my calls tomorrow morning, and then regardless of whether I talk to anyone or not I am going to Congressman Regula's Canton office and letting them know the deal as well.

purplechoe
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I called congrassman Kirk from IL today. Staff said that he hasn't made a decision yet and I let them know how I felt about the situation. NO BAILOUT!!!

afmatt
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
You may also want to consider contacting your state Representative and asking them to forward your concerns to Washington - I accidentally mailed mine and he said he would forward my concerns to Washington - who knows, if we lean on the state lvl they may realize how important it is at all levels. I sent this as part of my response to my state rep.

Sir,
I'd appreciate it if you felt it worth the time to talk with some folks from your district to find out how they feel about this and pass that on to Congressman Davis - I believe that if you do that you'll find almost everyone opposed to taking close to a Trillion of taxpayer money and giving it to some businesses that failed.

Worth a shot.

puppetmaster
09-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Done

MsDoodahs
09-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Matt, I like that idea!