PDA

View Full Version : What if we all just stopped paying our mortgage?

e3kmouse
09-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Obviously like 10,000 people or even a lot more would have to do this to be effective.

But as far as I'm concerned, the big wigs on Wall Street, The Fed, all of them, they have been STEALING from me.

Time to get some of that back.

This apathy is starting to sink back in. People need to start jumping up and down screaming and shouting. This is out right theft.

Let these banks fail or we stop paying our mortgages. Any takers?

nate895
09-23-2008, 10:21 PM
We will get a foreclosure and lose our homes.

Bman
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Obviously like 10,000 people or even a lot more would have to do this to be effective.

But as far as I'm concerned, the big wigs on Wall Street, The Fed, all of them, they have been STEALING from me.

This apathy is starting to sink back in. People need to start jumping up and down screaming and shouting. This is out right theft.

10,000? Their forcasting 2 million foreclosures. 10,000 wouldn't be enough. But Chaos is what would happen. Utter chaos. It could happen without the addition of 10,000.

e3kmouse
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm not talking about anyone losing our homes.

I'm just talking about people refusing to pay. Reset the system.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 10:39 PM

Yes, please try.

The recent past bailouts should tell you that it won't matter. You don't get away with your debt, if they want to, they can take your house. Usually they go after people who they know can't pay it, if you've had a good record of paying, you might get away with a few payments. But they are NOT stupid.

Time for Change
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
You would be contributing to the problem.

We are americans...we develop solutions.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm not talking about anyone losing our homes.

I'm just talking about people refusing to pay. Reset the system.

refusing to pay will not reset the system, otherwise we'd not have the mess we are in today. you may have to restart new rules, but loans and debts are never forgiven (at least never to the average Joe's advantage).

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
You would be contributing to the problem.

We are americans...we develop solutions.

I don't mind contributing or even CAUSING the problem, but it's foolish if it'll hurt yourself.

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/2883509367_817e9f0f2f_o.gif

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
10,000? Their forcasting 2 million foreclosures. 10,000 wouldn't be enough. But Chaos is what would happen. Utter chaos. It could happen without the addition of 10,000.

Yes, all it would really do is these idiots who think "not paying" will do them any good, lose their homes, then their homes will be short sold to opportunists who have been saving for this bubble.

e3kmouse
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM
This guy probably sums it up a bit better than me...

I was watching something and I saw that they were referring to a time in the depression when people were mad about others getting evicted and they staged actual revolts based on the fact that the landlords and mortgage companies would come to where they lived when they wanted to evict them and when they arrived they would stand against them as a mob.

I like that idea.

And I think that mortgage companies and credit card companies are ruthless blood hounds but taking my own responsibility for this as well, it is like a chicken and an egg thing. Did they start it or did we? What I mean is that is it due to (my) our own wants for the things we can't afford that we think will bring us happiness? I once thought that, truly but now I think of it as (being forced upon me of course) if I have what I need then that is all I need.

I do think that someone has to step up though for the common people here. I think that would gain them a whole lot of public adoration. A hero........

I can't listen to either candidate; no matter whom I will vote for (as I already know whom that will be) tell me that it is a process. Bullshit. Just get in there and take it by the balls and fix it. Don't bullshit us; we know it is possible. There is no "process".......right??

I can't believe of any place on the internet, no one on THIS frickin board wouldn't just want some damn payback, after RP was laughed off the national stage.

ShowMeLiberty
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
This guy probably sums it up a bit better than me...

I can't believe of any place on the internet, no one on THIS frickin board wouldn't just want some damn payback, after RP was laughed off the national stage.

It's not about payback and nobody is laughing now.

I think it's safe to say that the majority on this "frickin board" believes is personal responsibility. You borrow money - you pay it back.

e3kmouse
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
It's not about payback and nobody is laughing now.

I think it's safe to say that the majority on this "frickin board" believes is personal responsibility. You borrow money - you pay it back.

I am definitely down with that. But what about the responsibility of everyone else that is jacking me over.

By the stupidity and "underhandedness" of all parties involved, the deadbeat homeowners, the Fed, the big banks, all those guys... They are jacking US over.

Why should I honor that commitment if they haven't.

ShowMeLiberty
09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
I am definitely down with that. But what about the responsibility of everyone else that is jacking me over.

By the stupidity and "underhandedness" of all parties involved, the deadbeat homeowners, the Fed, the big banks, all those guys... They are jacking US over.

Why should I honor that commitment if they haven't.

Tell your congress members to vote no.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157642

e3kmouse
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Tell your congress members to vote no.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157642

Yap. I tried that. Hopefully it works as well.

ShowMeLiberty
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Yap. I tried that. Hopefully it works as well.

If you've watched any of the hearings, it does seem to be making an impact. Do it again. ;)

tropicangela
09-24-2008, 10:58 AM
If you've watched any of the hearings, it does seem to be making an impact. Do it again. ;)

It does sound like our Reps are speaking for us. Sounds good.

Daveforliberty
09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I asked a similar question here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157684) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157684 and would really like some opinions.

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
You could probably buy it back cheaper at the foreclosure auction. :D

e3kmouse
09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
You could probably buy it back cheaper at the foreclosure auction. :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Also...

why dont they give the money to the people so they can pay these banks back. i mean, fuck, $5,000 per american is what it comes out to I have heard. thats 10G per family. I know a lot of families that could get themselves out the "hole" and get caught up on a lot of shit with 10G.

If I owe BANK money and cannot pay them, so TAXES pays them for me, why should I still owe BANK? shouldnt TAXES give me the money instead so I can pay the bank? and then I can pay TAXES back....because thats whats gonna happen anyway....

this is retarded...

That made sense me...

It's still ridiculous... but... /shrug

Truth Warrior
09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Also...

That made sense me...

It's still ridiculous... but... /shrug The whole mess is simply ridiculous. Have you noticed? :p :rolleyes: