PDA

View Full Version : What's with the disrespect to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-23-2008, 07:05 PM
He has done nothing wrong.

The_Orlonater
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Our country is full of a bunch of pricks.

LT for the Truth
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm more fearful of Paulson & Bernanke:(

ARealConservative
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
other then him being a moron?

Danke
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
other then him being a moron?

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I just knew we would be hearing from you.

ARealConservative
09-23-2008, 07:45 PM
As soon as I read the title of this thread, I just knew we would be hearing from you.

You support sharia law?

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2008, 07:56 PM
You support sharia law?

Something of a fallacy. You're trying to frame the debate so that if I disagree with your approach, I agree with "Sharia law". Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done! RP would not tolerate such shinannigans! :eek::mad:

devil21
09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
He's the new boogeyman that's supposed to keep people living in fear in order to give up their freedom for security. Call him Saddam #2. But what most Americans still don't "get" is Ahmadinejad is a democratically elected President even though he is painted as a religious dictator by the media. Just more hypocrisy while "spreading democracy". The real reason for the disrespect is simply that the Israelis want him gone.

ARealConservative
09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Something of a fallacy. You're trying to frame the debate so that if I disagree with your approach, I agree with "Sharia law". Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done! RP would not tolerate such shinannigans! :eek::mad:

Not really.

The question is why I would disrespect a person that calls for sharia law. This begs the question of what a person has to stand for in order to be disrespected.

I think this is as good a starting place as any.

Flash
09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Hes right when it comes to foreign policy. Although to be fair he does fund anti-Israel groups. Domestically Iran is still controlled by the scumbag mullahs and the Iranian economy still sucks and instead of trying to fix it he is going around the world talking trash and playing into the US media's image of him.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Ahmedinejad is a prime example of a potentially very good person caught in the merciless grasp of religious dogma. Showing support for him, thus, is simply out of the question if we want to get anywhere. It's the common Iranian people (and lesser political entities that want to toss him aside) who we should be reaching out to.

Calpico
09-23-2008, 08:23 PM
He's not an economist, that's for sure.

But the media is just plain biased. People keep on throwing out the "wipe Israel off the map" statement, when it fact he said the Israeli regime should be erased off the page of time, something the Ayatollah Khomeini said earlier which he was quoting.

Our media is terrible.

BTW, he's still a bad guy, just not as bad as the media makes him out to be.

Monolithic
09-23-2008, 08:48 PM
he's a religious fundamentalist

i cannot respect anyone who engages in such willful ignorance

CountryboyRonPaul
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
He's a douchebag...

Then again not as much of a douchebag as the Shah that we installed was.

ladyjade3
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
He has done nothing wrong.

He wants to sell oil for Euros instead of dollars. Which is the same thing Saddam did wrong. Does no one pay attention around here?

JohnMeridith
09-23-2008, 10:15 PM
I would say our government and population's mob mentality deserves much more disrespect than Ahmadinejad.

sidster
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Hes right when it comes to foreign policy. Although to be fair he does fund anti-Israel groups. Domestically Iran is still controlled by the scumbag mullahs and the Iranian economy still sucks and instead of trying to fix it he is going around the world talking trash and playing into the US media's image of him.

What?! Are you advocating government intervening and fixing
"economic" problems a.la Paulson and The Fed? :confused:

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-23-2008, 10:25 PM
He wants to sell oil for Euros instead of dollars. Which is the same thing Saddam did wrong. Does no one pay attention around here?Who has the authority to stop them from doing that? The fact that our dollar stands to suffer from that decision says a lot about the negligence of our empire's financial wing. It's our problem, and should be dealt with as such.

If you want sovereignty, it needs to begin by not leeching off of other parts of the world.