PDA

View Full Version : Is third party Unity possible?

FrankRep
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Can we just forget our differences for a while just to defend the Constitution.

Once we win, then we can fight again.

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Seriously- party bi-laws are the biggest obstacle, especially with people who believe in adhering to their laws and not breaking them on whims.
It would require all the different parties, at the time of their conventions, to vote for this policy.
In fact, all of the different parties having their convention together would solve the problem.

But it must be done through convention.

powerofreason
09-23-2008, 06:24 PM
no

powerofreason
09-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I addressed in this thread why third parties don't and can't work in America here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1702664#post1702664).

Its a futile effort really. Our only hope is take over the Republican Party from the ground up and build our support within the party every election cycle. Do we really want to team up with people like these guys (http://cpusa.org/) anyways? I'm not even sure what that accomplishes. Third party unity for the sake of unity does not make sense to me. Low voter turnout is the best "vote" of no confidence there is, imo.

runningdiz
09-23-2008, 07:02 PM

do you realize the election is only a few weeks away? Its a little late for this.... this might be something to think about in four years though

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM

It's much easier for RP people to set aside differences than liberals who hate capitalism to, but yes, I do wish to work with anybody willing to support a 3rd Party candidate.

HOLLYWOOD
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I have posted this strategy probably a dozen times. It's the only way to team up against the STRANGLEHOLD the 2 party dictatorship has on the country.

Time to put the minor differences aside and UNITE against the destructive parties controlling US and OUR country.

FrankRep
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
do you realize the election is only a few weeks away? Its a little late for this.... this might be something to think about in four years though

I'm not talking about this election. I'm thinking long term.