PDA

View Full Version : were doing good on the bailout bill, but we NEED A SECOND ROUND(read why)

BarryDonegan
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
the first bill had so little oversite and was such a power grab, that all the responses from congress and the senate which I received indicated that they have noted my concerns and that they are fighting for more oversite in the bill.

we need to call them AGAIN, and let them know that more oversite is not acceptable. let them know that we want the bill KILLED. we want the companies that are failing to CEASE TO EXIST, and that we are PERFECTLY FINE with having a recession as a result.

then explain that we are happier with 1 year of recession than 10 years of depression.

we need to make it clear that amending the bill is NOT a compromise.

contact your congress/senators, and reply to this thread with the name of each after you contact them.

i have contacted cooper/alexander/corker(TN)

StudentForPaul08
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I have contacted

Jim Gerlach (R) PA District 6

voytechs
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
The only reason they are delaying is that they want the pork barrels to be included.

Once that is in there and the bill is sufficiently inflated, that is when they will pass it.

BarryDonegan
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
rather than arguing with whether or not we can win this fight, start calling.

i've noticed some of the guys who normally would vote for this stuff are starting to cave. i even noticed an article where bob corker from tn said that he doesn't think that three guys sitting around on sunday afternoon deciding who to bail out is a good system for our economy.

that guy never votes in a good way, but even he thinks this is a little over the line.

these calls matter,we can win this fight... and if not... every phone call we make slightly reduces the power of this bill. every congressman will have to push harder for things that satisfy the concerns of their constituents.

we need a market correction, tell them that we will reelect them even if this causes a recession.

we need them to know that we want the recession that not bailing these guys out will bring.

Dorfsmith
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Keep calling!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157441

BarryDonegan
09-23-2008, 04:28 PM
yes, it is working, we need another round to remind them that we will not blame a recession on them if they vote NO on this bill. not just a compromise amendment, but NO.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I've called twice in 2 days-- all 3 of my congresstards. The guy at Bernie Sanders' office actually remembered me from our conversation yesterday. I will call again tomorrow.

BarryDonegan
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
if we manage to stop this bill, i think we will be able to look at ourselves like digital, convenient versions of the people who had to suffer much harder for this republic many years back... the level of damage to the republic, caused by this bill, is so severe, and we are lucky to be able to use telephones, emails, and protest to actually battle it.

let's use what the market gave us.

itshappening
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
bump for some good work!

rprprs
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Please, don't just sit there staring at these threads and hoping that somebody else will do it. Make those calls! And, as the OP stated, make it clear you want the bill defeated, not just amended.

BarryDonegan
09-23-2008, 09:16 PM
must be defeated!

no compromise

Dorfsmith
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Please, don't just sit there staring at these threads and hoping that somebody else will do it. Make those calls! And, as the OP stated, make it clear you want the bill defeated, not just amended.

Yes! :cool: