PDA

View Full Version : Should I start wearing my armband now?

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
This has been my dream, a tax/government revolt. I am so happy this is happening. Seems to be happening very fast. I went away for a few days and come back to this. I wish I would have been here during initial discussion.
How can I help?

I am ready now to start wearing a white band or cloth or whatever on my arm when I go out. I am also thinking of printing out some temporary leaflets explaining what its all about when I am asked about it. Should I wait to do this until the website is finished? I am just pretty eager to see this take off, excuse my overzealousness!

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Go for it! The site is live, it's time to make this viral.

Here's something that Adam made for a slimjim/flyer.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaC...Card+Front.jpg

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 02:38 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaC...Card+Front.jpg

Your link is fractured so does not work, I would really like to see it if you have time to re-post.
Instead of a small wristband I might tie a cloth or something or do both. Might as well be dramatic to net some more attention.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 02:41 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaC...Card+Front.jpgI'm wearing mine!

thehighwaymanq
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm lost haha.

Whats the armband symbolizing?

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd pay someone to produce nice cotton armbands.
:)

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm lost haha.

Whats the armband symbolizing?

this

Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.
"No," said a wiser Senator.
"If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt."

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I'd pay someone to produce nice cotton armbands.
:)

I think home made rags could have a greater emotional response.

I am wearing mine already and am about to go shopping.

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I think home made rags could have a greater emotional response.

I am wearing mine already and am about to go shopping.

what do you say when someone ask about the armband?

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.
"No," said a wiser Senator.
"If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt."

Or this:

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Something about pledging to resist, give them a url for more info.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
what do you say when someone ask about the armband?In a nutshell, my response has been, "It symbolizes the fact that I'm sick and tired of my government treating me like a slave." I can go into more detail if someone wants me to.

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM

I will be carrying around some type of flier to explain it. The last thing we need is some radical fringe taking over the meaning and changing it to something no one understands. The best thing to say is that the government is too big, we are in way to much debt and future generation are going to be forever enslaved to pay for the life we are enjoying now. The bailouts are a popular issue, no one likes those. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Don't start talking about banking cartels unless you know you really have someone attention.

EDIT: I want to say no offense to radical fringe, I would probably be considered one of you, I just believe in having tact.

raystone
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I want to say no offense to radical fringe

:) Do they get offended ?

mellamojuana
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
it's just a reminder that we the people who work are serving the governments we have for half of every year of our working lives.

I made my armband from the bottom of a child's white T-shirt. Nothing fancy.

I, too, "heart" the activism of a slup--my word for Slave Uprising.

______

Maybe you can't fight city hall alone, but together. . . . :eek:

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Adam conceived this idea of arm bands for good reason. And he and I talked about it at length. The emotional response some of you are having is WHY we chose it. This HAS to cause a response. And sorry to say, but wearing a white arm band will not cause ANY response whatsoever. And if you can see the logic and reason in that, I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it any better, because really, it's pretty obvious.

If you're afraid. PUSH THROUGH. Others will be too. but when you see your first complete stranger also wearing one, you will be enlivened and filled with excitement and new-found boldness. You'll make a new friend, and others will notice the reaction between you two and want to know what's going on. Then you'll start seeing more then one person with an arm-band. Then you'll start seeing them everywhere. Then everyone will be wearing one. And you'll be proud that from day one you chose to let fear die and walked out your door ready to tell the world that you exist and you're ready to stand out for what is right.

If this campaign is to be successful, we must all wear a white arm band and go out in public and encourage the others that have chosen to do so as well.

If we remain afraid, we will remain slaves.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Adam conceived this idea of arm bands for good reason. And he and I talked about it at length. The emotional response some of you are having is WHY we chose it. This HAS to cause a response. And sorry to say, but wearing a white arm band will not cause ANY response whatsoever. And if you can see the logic and reason in that, I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it any better, because really, it's pretty obvious.

If you're afraid. PUSH THROUGH. Others will be too. but when you see your first complete stranger also wearing one, you will be enlivened and filled with excitement and new-found boldness. You'll make a new friend, and others will notice the reaction between you two and want to know what's going on. Then you'll start seeing more then one person with an arm-band. Then you'll start seeing them everywhere. Then everyone will be wearing one. And you'll be proud that from day one you chose to let fear die and walked out your door ready to tell the world that you exist and you're ready to stand out for what is right.

If this campaign is to be successful, we must all wear a white arm band and go out in public and encourage the others that have chosen to do so as well.

If we remain afraid, we will remain slaves.

Let people use it as a stepping stone. Don't try and control it.

By the way the idea came from my signature in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156829 :p

I'll be wearing an armband if it helps at all.

<3

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Let people use it as a stepping stone. Don't try and control it.

By the way the idea came from my signature in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156829 :p

I'll be wearing an armband if it helps at all.

<3

I saw the quote a week ago and I brought it up with Adam before that thread started. But w/e.

Stepping stones? Bah... Encouragement to do what is hard, not a cop-out to stay comfortable.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I saw the quote a week ago and I brought it up with Adam before that thread started. But w/e.

Stepping stones? Bah... Encouragement to do what is hard, not a cop-out to stay comfortable.

You're serious? And you didn't post. Great minds think alike then.

Not everyone will participate if it is hard. Big tent.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
You're serious? And you didn't post. Great minds think alike then.

Not everyone will participate if it is hard. Big tent.

YES, they WILL when they see others doing it, and receive encouragement to do it! Anyone involved in any form of leadership will tell you this. You set the standard HIGH and people will rise to the occasion. If you give people and easy way out, they will choose it every time.

idiom
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
RPV are you for or against wearing Armbands???

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Your link is fractured so does not work, I would really like to see it if you have time to re-post.
Instead of a small wristband I might tie a cloth or something or do both. Might as well be dramatic to net some more attention.

Whoops, sorry.

Here is the link to the thread with both pieces of literature.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157055

SweetMona
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM

I would just simply plant a seed in the mind of curiousity by saying that I am opposed to what government have done for making a huge mess today. I am also opposed to their strategy by placing a burden on our future children, paying off our debts and bailouts in trillions. Baby Debt Slaves could not liberate and appreciate from their hard working earnings. Do you want to join us and defy our generation's needs? (hand out wristbands/flyers)

Adam Kokesh
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaCo/SNlp94UXd9I/AAAAAAAAAGk/dSMbX6MNPYc/s1600-h/train-pic.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaCo/SNlp94UXd9I/AAAAAAAAAGk/dSMbX6MNPYc/s1600-h/train-pic.gif

WTF? It won't embed my photo! Anyway, please check out the link.

Kludge
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I'd be jumped... A white armband?!

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm doing 13x19 poster prints(the largest size my HP will print) of this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GEo0BrZlaCo/SNdeNFpaSnI/AAAAAAAAAGU/EyKSetssFjQ/s1600-h/Nov5+Card+Front.jpg
and putting them up around town.

You are right, I no longer want to pay for the shit my government is doing. I don't support any of it, and if I give them more money, I am enabling the assholes.

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM

there are exceptions for pink too.

olehounddog
09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I wore mine today:D

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM

WTF? It won't embed my photo! Anyway, please check out the link.

You have to put IMG tags [ ] around it.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2na1bf4.png

constituent
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM

meh, stick w/ the wristband if it suits you better.

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
You have to put IMG tags [ ] around it.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2na1bf4.png

Right on! That's an awesome photo Adam. I think they might appreciate it in the official ladies thread. ;)

raiha
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Hmm Adam you look like a junkie who was too stoned to put the tourniquet in the right place.
Thought it was getting cold over yon!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
This has been my dream, a tax/government revolt. I am so happy this is happening. Seems to be happening very fast. I went away for a few days and come back to this. I wish I would have been here during initial discussion.
How can I help?

I am ready now to start wearing a white band or cloth or whatever on my arm when I go out. I am also thinking of printing out some temporary leaflets explaining what its all about when I am asked about it. Should I wait to do this until the website is finished? I am just pretty eager to see this take off, excuse my overzealousness!

Wear it over your mouth

rancher89
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm with you guys, as of yesterday.

Stand up for your principals, do not give in to the "go along to get along" mentality.

nuff said, I'm pissed as h@ll and I won't take it any more dangit

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm with you guys, as of yesterday.

Stand up for your principals, do not give in to the "go along to get along" mentality.

nuff said, I'm pissed as h@ll and I won't take it any more dangit

All it takes is imaging what this country will look like a year from now. I know, I don't want to think about it either. So it can't be worse than what could happen to us for staging revolt.
It is time to get pissed. wars, economic collapse, police state, world government = DEATH AND POVERTY.
Its now or never. As Ron Paul said: "There is a since of urgency in what we do."

Andrew-Austin
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Where do I get one?

Oh and a random thought: do we want certain government agencies to be able to so easily identify us? I think you know what I mean, if in the future, America becomes blatantly oppressive/fascist.

constituent
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Where do I get one?

Oh and a random thought: do we want certain government agencies to be able to so easily identify us? I think you know what I mean, if in the future, America becomes blatantly oppressive/fascist.

imo, yea. f* 'em.

maybe that's just me.

plus, no one really cares. they put on a big show, but don't let it fool you.

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Where do I get one?

http://slaveuprising.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
imo, yea. f* 'em.

maybe that's just me.

plus, no one really cares. they put on a big show, but don't let it fool you.

Someone has to stand up and resist. If not us, who?

I'm proud to be on the front lines with all of you.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Where do I get one?

Imagine doing a mass protest and everyone has received a wrist band or armband.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2hrisxw.jpg

Adam Kokesh
09-23-2008, 08:10 PM
I did get the [img] tags!

Wait to print the posters! I will be uploading a better version soon!

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I did get the [img] tags!

Wait to print the posters! I will be uploading a better version soon!

roger wilco.

UnReconstructed
09-23-2008, 08:23 PM
What arm are you wearing it on?

torchbearer
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
What arm are you wearing it on?

traditionally, its the left arm. if you are going by roman culture.
military class wore black arm bands.
arm bands were a powerful cultural symbol in their formal society.

Andrew-Austin
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Imagine doing a mass protest and everyone has received a wrist band or armband.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2hrisxw.jpg

Yes I had thought of that movie earlier, when pondering the white band.

constituent
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes I had thought of that movie earlier, when pondering the white band.

we'll have to assemble on congress st. sometime.

matthylland
09-23-2008, 11:25 PM

We need to come up with some "liberty card" type cards (I remember Ron Paul's from his campaign) just small cards that you could carry a hundred of on you at all times. Whenever someone asks (or when you want to tell people) give them the card.
The card doesn't need too much, the link, the quote from the senator and a cool picture in the background.

berrybunches
09-23-2008, 11:46 PM
We need to come up with some "liberty card" type cards (I remember Ron Paul's from his campaign) just small cards that you could carry a hundred of on you at all times. Whenever someone asks (or when you want to tell people) give them the card.
The card doesn't need too much, the link, the quote from the senator and a cool picture in the background.

That is exactly what I had in mind too. :)
Should be easy to do.

angelatc
09-23-2008, 11:56 PM
One thing is that we should start trying to get them on TV especially before the media starts specifically censoring them from the air.

matthylland
09-24-2008, 08:35 AM
The other thing I was thinking is mass mailings of these. ( think masked mailed in V for vendetta).

But maybe that is best saved for a little later, when we can (at least hopefully) get some news in the press youtubed, or something like that.

just an idea I wanted to throw out while it was on my mind.

constituent
09-24-2008, 08:37 AM
The other thing I was thinking is mass mailings of these. ( think masked mailed in V for vendetta).

But maybe that is best saved for a little later, when we can (at least hopefully) get some news in the press youtubed, or something like that.

just an idea I wanted to throw out while it was on my mind.

absolutely.

TastyWheat
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Apparently the "Make Poverty History" movement has already adopted the white armband, but fuck them, it has no historical significance toward their cause. Although I think it ruins the mystique, you may want to actually write "Slave Uprising" on your armband.

Kade
10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
How can I help?

I hope you don't live near me, weirdo.

JoshLowry
10-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I hope you don't live near me, weirdo.

Stop shitting on threads.

Thanks!