PDA

View Full Version : A Reminder Of What This Republican Administration Has Wrought

Kade
09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
On top of this $700,000,000,000 bailout (It looks much more frightening written out, doesn't it?) this is a look at what else has happened in the economic mismanagement of the Republican rule:

IRAQ RECONSTRUCTION

-$142 million wasted on reconstruction projects that were either terminated or canceled. [Special Inspector General for Iraq, 7/28/08]

-“Significant” amount of U.S. funds for Iraq funneled to Sunni and Shiite militias. [GAO Comptroller, 3/11/08]

-$180 million payed to construction company Bechtel for projects it never finished. [Federal audit, 7/25/07]

-$5.1 billion in expenses for Iraq reconstruction charged without documentation. [Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction report, 3/19/07]

-$10 billion in spending on Iraq reconstruction was wasteful or poorly tracked. [GAO, 2/15/07]

-Halliburton overcharged the government $100 million for one day’s work in 2004. [Project on Government Oversight, 10/8/04]

KATRINA

-Millions wasted on four no-bid contracts, including paying $20 million for an unusable camp for evacuees. [Homeland Security Department Inspector General, 9/10/08]

-$2.4 billion in contracts doled out by FEMA that guaranteed profits for big companies. [Center for Public Integrity investigation, 6/25/07]

-An estimated $2 billion in fraud and waste — nearly 11 percent of the $19 billion spent by FEMA on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita as of mid-June. [New York Times tally, 6/27/06]

-“Widespread” waste and mismanagement on millions for Katrina recovery, including at least $3 million for 4,000 beds that were never used. [GAO, 3/16/06]

DEFENSE CONTRACTS

-A $50 million Air Force contract awarded to a company with close ties to senior Air Force officers, in a process “fraught with improper influence, irregular procedures, glaring conflicts of interest.” [Project on Government Oversight, 4/18/08]

-$1.7 billion in excessive fees and waste paid by the Pentagon to the Interior Department to manage federal lands. [Defense Department and Interior Department Inspectors General audit, 12/25/06]

-$1 trillion unaccounted for by the Pentagon, including 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units. [GAO, 5/18/03]

MRoCkEd
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
But the democrats will also vote for this bailout.

Mahkato
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
On top of this $700,000,000,000 bailout (It looks much more frightening written out, doesn't it?)

I enjoy "12-figure sums of other people's money" myself! And that it's nearly 2,000 times the largest Powerball payout in history.

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
You're right, Kade-it does look scarier in writing. Look at all the zeros!! :eek:

Kade
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
But the democrats will also vote for this bailout.

The Democrats can kiss my ass too. I hate them as much, for fireballing the liberal name, and for acting like wusses.

But this crony capitalism, this epic failure of all things sane, is a result of the GOP. They need to die away... forever.

lucius
09-23-2008, 01:03 PM
A Reminder Of What This Republican Administration Has Wrought

Kade, one side of the same coin...after a year here, I don't think you're that daft, but must like the drama?

Fox McCloud
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
But this crony capitalism, this epic failure of all things sane, is a result of the GOP. They need to die away... forever.

Last I checked, we lived in an environment of Corporatism; Capitalism, as originally defined, hasn't existed for well over a hundred years.

The GOP may need to die forever, but I seriously doubt things would have been better if Gore would have been elected in 2000; The Democrats would have just spent to no end as well, only on different things, no doubt.

They're both pieces of snot that come from the same nose; only difference is one comes from the right nostril, and the other from the left.

Kludge
09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Considering Paul's goal, wouldn't it be better to diss Neoconservatives and social liberals?

ShowMeLiberty
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
They're both pieces of snot that come from the same nose; only difference is one comes from the right nostril, and the other from the left.

OMG that is so disgustng ... and funny! :D

Kade
09-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Kade, one side of the same coin...after a year here, I don't think you're that daft, but must like the drama?

I hate Republicans. Every time I have to hear people defend them, you got a post reminding you of the failure. I'm not defending Democrats. I'm attacking Repukes.

Deborah K
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
On top of this $700,000,000,000 bailout (It looks much more frightening written out, doesn't it?) this is a look at what else has happened in the economic mismanagement of the Republican rule:

IRAQ RECONSTRUCTION

-$142 million wasted on reconstruction projects that were either terminated or canceled. [Special Inspector General for Iraq, 7/28/08]

-“Significant” amount of U.S. funds for Iraq funneled to Sunni and Shiite militias. [GAO Comptroller, 3/11/08]

-$180 million payed to construction company Bechtel for projects it never finished. [Federal audit, 7/25/07]

-$5.1 billion in expenses for Iraq reconstruction charged without documentation. [Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction report, 3/19/07]

-$10 billion in spending on Iraq reconstruction was wasteful or poorly tracked. [GAO, 2/15/07]

-Halliburton overcharged the government $100 million for one day’s work in 2004. [Project on Government Oversight, 10/8/04]

KATRINA

-Millions wasted on four no-bid contracts, including paying $20 million for an unusable camp for evacuees. [Homeland Security Department Inspector General, 9/10/08]

-$2.4 billion in contracts doled out by FEMA that guaranteed profits for big companies. [Center for Public Integrity investigation, 6/25/07]

-An estimated $2 billion in fraud and waste — nearly 11 percent of the $19 billion spent by FEMA on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita as of mid-June. [New York Times tally, 6/27/06]

-“Widespread” waste and mismanagement on millions for Katrina recovery, including at least $3 million for 4,000 beds that were never used. [GAO, 3/16/06]

DEFENSE CONTRACTS

-A $50 million Air Force contract awarded to a company with close ties to senior Air Force officers, in a process “fraught with improper influence, irregular procedures, glaring conflicts of interest.” [Project on Government Oversight, 4/18/08]

-$1.7 billion in excessive fees and waste paid by the Pentagon to the Interior Department to manage federal lands. [Defense Department and Interior Department Inspectors General audit, 12/25/06]

-$1 trillion unaccounted for by the Pentagon, including 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units. [GAO, 5/18/03]

Kade, this has been a long time coming. The documentary called 'The Money Masters' was produced and released 10 years ago and within the first 5 minutes they predict a depression of epic proportions. The reason is because of the Federal Reserve. The montization of debt, fiat currency, and fractional reserve banking are the causes. The collapse of the housing market and then these banking institutions is a result of our idiotic economic system since 1913, and have been predicted for years. On page 136 of Peter Schiff's 'Crash Proof' which was released well over a year ago, he predicts the failure of Fannie and Freddie.

You want to blame somebody for the bail out, blame the unconstitutionally appointed private banking system.

Kludge
09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.reason.com/news/show/125438.html

http://www.reason.com/UserFiles/Image/dweigel/derugyfig1.jpg

yongrel
09-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Correction:

A Reminder of what this government has wrought.

The_Orlonater
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Can't you just write out Status quo instead of just picking on the Republicans?

mediahasyou
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Correction:

A Reminder of what this government has wrought.

Indeed. (http://www.voluntaryist.com/articles/079a.php)

teshuah
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
isn't it the Democratic controlled Congress who has to write these laws and pass them before this money can even be allocated the way Bush wanted it?