PDA

View Full Version : Please donate to www.freemarketforliberty.com

Petar
09-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I spent $900 of my own money to have the foundation of this custom web application built, and now I need about $1000 in donations to make everything fully functional.

http://www.chipin.com/mypages/edit/id/d60904f1fb1924f9

If the 1.2 million people who voted for Ron Paul all list their businesses on www.freemarketforliberty.com and then support each other economically as much as possible, then many more people will join our movement just for the economic benefits, and then they will become easy to educate also.

Businesses will be validated as legitimate liberty supporting organizations, when a tool is added that will allow listing owners to show how much money, if any, that they have donated to the CFL or specific liberty candidates.

I plan on adding a feedback system as soon as possible, that will allow users to rate businesses, and will allow listing owners to respond as well.

Please visit www.freemarketforliberty.com and list your liberty supporting business today.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
I spent $900 of my own money to have the foundation of this custom web application built, and now I need about $1000 in donations to make everything fully functional.

http://www.chipin.com/mypages/edit/id/d60904f1fb1924f9

If the 1.2 million people who voted for Ron Paul all list their businesses on www.freemarketforliberty.com and then support each other economically as much as possible, then many more people will join our movement just for the economic benefits, and then they will become easy to educate also.

Businesses will be validated as legitimate liberty supporting organizations, when a tool is added that will allow listing owners to show how much money, if any, that they have donated to the CFL or specific liberty candidates.

I plan on adding a feedback system as soon as possible, that will allow users to rate businesses, and will allow listing owners to respond as well.

Please visit www.freemarketforliberty.com and list your liberty supporting business today.

I'm sorry, but $2000 is a RIDICULOUS amount of money to be spent on a business listing.

Please explain to us what justifies this cost, don't say "programmers are expensive" say "A CMS like this, or a free script like this" CAN'T DO "this that I need".

tonesforjonesbones
09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
See what I mean about Internet marketers??? geesh. 2 threads on this forum are asking for money. sigh. Economy tanking ya'll TONES :(

Petar
09-23-2008, 12:01 PM
See what I mean about Internet marketers??? geesh. 2 threads on this forum are asking for money. sigh. Economy tanking ya'll TONES :(

if you are referring to my other thread, then please notice that it is only asking for businesses to join the site.

P.S. I have no idea what you mean about internet marketers, because believe it or not, your thoughts are not automatically broadcast to every person in he world.

Imagine that!

Petar
09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry, but $2000 is a RIDICULOUS amount of money to be spent on a business listing.

Please explain to us what justifies this cost, don't say "programmers are expensive" say "A CMS like this, or a free script like this" CAN'T DO "this that I need".

Why don't you tell me which CMS or free script can do what I am trying to do with this site?

It does not exist, this is a custom venture.

Can't you tell the difference between what I am doing here and a standard business listing?

I swear, some people have no imagination.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Why don't you tell me which CMS or free script can do what I am trying to do with this site?

It does not exist, this is a custom venture.

Can't you tell the difference between what I am doing here and a standard business listing?

I swear, some people have no imagination.

Any CMS like PHP Nuke can do link listing, which allows link description, which basically is a business or website listing.

Maybe you can explain to me what your site does better?

Yes, I indeed have no imagination, I can't see what you'd pay $2000 to build what isn't readily made for thousands of other sites. If you want people to donate, PLEASE EXPLAIN. I'm not challenging you or being mean, I seriously don't see it and am sincerely asking you to show us what I don't see.

And no, please point out to me what's so fantastic about your listing that I'm not seeing in a handwritten html site, blog, or CMS. You think there's going to be 10,000 businesses you can't handle manually?

I'm in the industry of blogging, marketing and webhosting, so I know just a bit of what's worth $2000 to build. I don't know programming, but I CAN imagine what is going to save enough labor, time and resources to justify paying $2000 upfront for.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I looked again.

OK FINE, you can search zip code, and you see a nice Google map.

But hey, that can easily be replaced with a few extra tags.

For example, instead of searching:
Mortgage, Los Angeles, 90035

You can have a site that's listed under the tags, mortgage, california, los angeles, online-only, 24/7,...etc.

Petar
09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I think that I have designed something really great, and I think that I am getting it built for a very reasonable amount of money.

I really don't care for any more of your opinions, if you think that you could do it so much better, then be my guest.

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I think that I have designed something really great, and I think that I am getting it built for a very reasonable amount of money.

I really don't care for any more of your opinions, if you think that you could do it so much better, then be my guest.

I'm not the one who needs money :)

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 06:01 PM

Ok, folks can decide themselves whether they want to donate to a project that can't be defended by the designer himself. Sorry if you'll eventually have to spend your own money or delay your project you already spent $1000 into.

Petar
09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Look asshole.

Here's how it works:

I thought of a design that was really cool, that offered a bunch of advantages over anything standard that I've ever seen, so I went ahead and spent some money to get it CUSTOM built, cause that's the only way to do it.

Then you come to me with this whole "woah, what a waste!" attitude, like some know it all web design guy, and I really don't feel like trying to get through your thick skull why this is a much better design than what is standard, because you are just some know it all asshole who is not worth the trouble.

In short, FUCK OFF.

Feel free to donate some cash please also.

Chibioz
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
With an attitude like yours I don't think you'll find many people willing to donate to your cause

ItsTime
09-23-2008, 06:40 PM
you should put a donate button on the place where the people fill out their listings and hope they never see this thread... lol

Josh_LA
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Look asshole.

Here's how it works:

I thought of a design that was really cool, that offered a bunch of advantages over anything standard that I've ever seen, so I went ahead and spent some money to get it CUSTOM built, cause that's the only way to do it.

Then you come to me with this whole "woah, what a waste!" attitude, like some know it all web design guy, and I really don't feel like trying to get through your thick skull why this is a much better design than what is standard, because you are just some know it all asshole who is not worth the trouble.

In short, FUCK OFF.

Feel free to donate some cash please also.

WOW.

Somebody's getting angry!

Ok, so you thought up good advantages, why not share them with us? Wouldn't we like to know what's so good you spent $1000 to make?

I'm not a know it all guy, but that doesn't make it wrong for me to ask (and even if it's wrong, I don't care). I didn't mean to be an asshole here, just wanted to let people know what they're donating for (but in reality, yes I am an asshole and proud of it).

I might stay away from your site, and probably this thread. But chill, will ya?