PDA

View Full Version : Official now: Ron Paul wins Maryland GOP Straw Poll

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.mdgop.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=5992

njandrewg
09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
“The final vote showing Ron Paul won is a lesson for all campaigns of how grassroots politics can make all the difference. The Paul campaign repeatedly e-mailed their base of support to turn out at the State Fair to cast a vote for Dr. Paul, and in doing so, demonstrated that a small organized operation can beat the odds.”

FSP-Rebel
09-05-2007, 12:12 PM
It's nice to see they finally had to admit that we won. Although, they did make it clear that we were highly represented there unlike most other candidates. Oh, and I see they had some more spoiled ballots. Why this ever happens is beyond me.

maiki
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Ballots get spoiled if voters scribble on them, vote for multiple candidates, in some way make their vote indecipherable, vote with their hot dog ketchup, etc. It doesn't mean the GOP spoiled the ballot, although it could mean that. But somehow I'm not sure how the party could spoil a ballot by taking it out of a box and counting them, since they are not being fed into a machine.

AcidReign
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
“The Maryland Republican Party’s booth at the State Fair was a huge success. By contrast, the Democrat Party’s booth was a ghost town. Where were the Democrats? They were at our booth signing our petitions opposing tax increases.”

This was a good line though. We all hate taxes.

TheConstitutionLives
09-05-2007, 12:28 PM
great!

Revolution9
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Little ol' Maryland had almost as many people vote as big assed Texas. Explain that! And the delegates routine is not the answer. There were 14000 delegates in Texas and I know this was open in Maryland..

Could it mean the enclaves of the Northeastern Liberals care more about freedom than Texans?

<ducks>

Where's inbo.. I wanna hear WC Fields weigh in on this:D

best
Randy

"I quit drinking. Now I freeze it and eat it."-WC Fields

klamath
09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
As of yet I see no mention of it in the general news but you can still find Hunter's victory in Texas in the political section of Yahoo.

OURPLAN
09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
You should see the victory dance I'm going to do right now! :p