PDA

View Full Version : Is the Libertarian Party a shill party?

Gray Seal
09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I can not figure out how the Libertarian Party has a presidential candidate like Bob Barr. There was no lack of good choices. Has this organization been infiltrated to such a degree but non-libertarians that it is no longer represents libertarian viewpoints? Will this always happen to third party organizations? Will big money always take over third parties? Has the Libertarian Party lost most of its credibility as a force for the revolution for liberty? What ideas do members of the Libertarian Party have to prevent this from happening in the future?

Will the solution be to have a organization which is not an official third party but an organization which gives advice on whom to support in elections?

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 09:21 AM
LP = "Gop-lite", and "anarchists" to the GOP "heavies".

They seem to actually want a smaller government. How absurd is that? :p :rolleyes:

Razmear
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
4 years ago, no.
4 years from now, maybe not.
Right now, I'd agree with you.

eb

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
4 years ago, no.
4 years from now, maybe not.
Right now, I'd agree with you.

eb 37 years, since inception, and counting. ;)

Rangeley
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't think so. Unfortunately, though, it seems like those in the Barr campaign are pretty clueless and have made some very bad choices. The Libertarian Party leadership follows their lead like he Republican Party leadership follows McCain's lead.

constituent
09-23-2008, 10:59 AM
shill - naaaaaah, they're not nearly effective enough

farce - most certainly

HOLLYWOOD
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
But the True American IGNORANCE:

Most people I've encountered, think if your a Libertarian, you are: EXTREME FAR LEFT LIBERAL FREAK.

unbelieveable

Delivered4000
09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
They should have nominated Mike Gravel

AZ Libertarian
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I can not figure out how the Libertarian Party has a presidential candidate like Bob Barr. There was no lack of good choices. Has this organization been infiltrated to such a degree but non-libertarians that it is no longer represents libertarian viewpoints? Will this always happen to third party organizations? Will big money always take over third parties? Has the Libertarian Party lost most of its credibility as a force for the revolution for liberty? What ideas do members of the Libertarian Party have to prevent this from happening in the future?

Will the solution be to have a organization which is not an official third party but an organization which gives advice on whom to support in elections?

Why would someone come to RON PAUL Forums, and ask this question for their FIRST POST!?! I don't believe the OP was genuine, has more than likely been here before (under how many names?), and is a part of a planned agenda to WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME in generating discussion not relevant to this Forum.

And don't give me any 'civilized discourse' BS - these questions are quite valid - they just need to be answered in a LIBERTARIAN Forum or a Bob Barr Forum, not at Ron Paul Forums. If nothing else, take it out of 'Grassroots Central' and put it in 'other candidates' (where this thread belongs), and let those who come here to discuss other candidates hash it out.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2008, 12:35 PM
But the True American IGNORANCE:

Most people I've encountered, think if your a Libertarian, you are: EXTREME FAR LEFT LIBERAL FREAK.

unbelieveable

I wonder why they think that?

LibertyEagle
09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Why would someone come to RON PAUL Forums, and ask this question for their FIRST POST!?! I don't believe the OP was genuine, has more than likely been here before (under how many names?), and is a part of a planned agenda to WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME in generating discussion not relevant to this Forum.

And don't give me any 'civilized discourse' BS - these questions are quite valid - they just need to be answered in a LIBERTARIAN Forum or a Bob Barr Forum, not at Ron Paul Forums. If nothing else, take it out of 'Grassroots Central' and put it in 'other candidates' (where this thread belongs), and let those who come here to discuss other candidates hash it out.

Geez. He's a new member. Cut him some slack.

Do you think this is a good way to welcome people? Come on, now.

Thanks.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I suggest a new third party. And to call it, The 3rd Party. It's aim, to win Washington and remove the 2 party duopoly.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM

Yep. He was not a perfect Libertarian, but if the LP wanted a name candidate, they could of had a guy who would of never voted for most of the crap we don't like Barr for even when he was a Democrat.

They could of had the guy who stopped the draft.

They could of had the guy who released the pentagon papers to the public exposing the lies of Viet Nam.

They could of had the guy who has already been on stage debating Obama more then once.

He also has a great deal of respect for Ron Paul, and would of never pulled these stupid stunts.

Menthol Patch
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
The Libertarian Party has been a shill party every since the Libertarian Reform Caucus took over, gutted the platform, and allowed Bob Barr to get the nomination.

http://www.reformthelp.org/

The folks in the Libertarian Reform Caucus are neocons.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh, and another thing about Mike Gravel.

He will be on my show tonight on http://www.revolutionbroadcasting.com at 8PM talking about his book about the mainstream media, "The Kingmakers". I am also going to ask him about the bailout, who he will be supporting for president, and what he thinks of Bob Barr's recent actions with regards to Ron Paul's press conference.

amy31416
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
The Libertarian Party has been a shill party every since the Libertarian Reform Caucus took over, gutted the platform, and allowed Bob Barr to get the nomination.

http://www.reformthelp.org/

The folks in the Libertarian Reform Caucus are neocons.

Neocons destroy everything, but they sure do know how to party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQYHBUlfg0

brandon
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I personally know a couple morons who voted for Barr at the convention. They were not/are not "infiltrators." They simply were gullible fools.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I was at the convention, and I gotta tell you, Barr supporters were impossible to talk to. It was like talking to a wall. No matter what you told them about Barr, no matter how much proof you gave them, it was total hero worship.

Flash
09-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Looking back I wish Ron Paul dropped out of the Republican race earlier on and ran as a Libertarian and/or Constitutionalist. He wouldn't win the white house but would still continue to wake people up. And he would've prevented the Barr takeover of the LP.

jcarcinogen
09-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I was at the convention, and I gotta tell you, Barr supporters were impossible to talk to. It was like talking to a wall. No matter what you told them about Barr, no matter how much proof you gave them, it was total hero worship.

They are elitist, they probably didn't respond to you because address them as 'Lord'.

Anyone close to CIA Barr ruined the opportunity of the LP's 40+ year long struggle to be "the" 3rd party or at least get on ballots. The timing is too coincidental and if not by design then by malicious opportunity grabbing while watching Paul stay within the GOP. Evident not only is his nomination but in the deliberate charade when Paul was handing to him a second opportunity to rally people to the LP at the "3rd party Press Conference".

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Neocons destroy everything, but they sure do know how to party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQYHBUlfg0

The reform caucus is just plain EVIL. GO TO HELL, "REFORMERS"! :mad:

OP (or anyone)-is it possible for party members to force a return to the old platform?