PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY but McCain

ProBlue33
09-23-2008, 08:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzc0re_3hQw

It is now so clear that McCain can not lead America in the 21 century, he would have made a good cold war president but we live in different times now.

He is so divorced from the bad economic times. Ready to lead on the economy what a joke.

Under Clinton, the stock market grew by a whopping 322%. Under Bush? Less than 4%. And the way things are going, it may actually go negative by the time he leaves office. Who was better for the economy?

Under Clinton, the supposed "tax-and-spend liberal," we had a budget surplus, and we were paying down our national debt; it was down to $5.5 trillion by the time Clinton left office. Under Bush, we have the worst budget deficit in history, and our national debt has skyrocketed to $9.7 trillion. That's before we factor in this enormous bailout. And Bush, a supposed conservative, helmed the creation of the largest U.S. government in history.

Say what you want about Clinton's personal life, but who was better for the country?

ItsTime
09-23-2008, 08:17 AM
neither and you should know that

ChickenHawk
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Clinton was president during a massive economic bubble, so what? The Fed has managed to push the crash off a few years and now it's going to be way worse. I have no idea what that has to do with McCain. As far as the economy goes I have no confidence either current candidate will do anything other than follow the advice of the people who caused the current crisis in the first place.

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzc0re_3hQw

It is now so clear that McCain can not lead America in the 21 century, he would have made a good cold war president but we live in different times now.

He is so divorced from the bad economic times. Ready to lead on the economy what a joke.

Under Clinton, the stock market grew by a whopping 322%. Under Bush? Less than 4%. And the way things are going, it may actually go negative by the time he leaves office. Who was better for the economy?

Under Clinton, the supposed "tax-and-spend liberal," we had a budget surplus, and we were paying down our national debt; it was down to $5.5 trillion by the time Clinton left office. Under Bush, we have the worst budget deficit in history, and our national debt has skyrocketed to $9.7 trillion. That's before we factor in this enormous bailout. And Bush, a supposed conservative, helmed the creation of the largest U.S. government in history.

Say what you want about Clinton's personal life, but who was better for the country?

The Clinton "surplus" was a projection that was never realized. (not defending anyone here, just sayin')

Feelgood
09-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Its always laughable when I see people talk about the surplus that Clinton had. Shows how little people understand basic economics. :rolleyes: Let me explain...

All the money that government has, comes from collecting taxes. In order to have a "surplus" of taxes, that would mean that you HAVE to be taking in more money, then you are spending. That being the case, we were being over taxed during the Clinton years. If he wanted to do things right, then he should have lowered the tax rate, so that he was at or near the break even point. A surplus of taxes only has one meaning, OVER taxation.

The entire ".com" bubble that was created during his administration brought in alot of that revenue. The bubble that was artificially created by the FED as well.

So if you really like being over taxed, that's cool. You can pay my taxes then, and I will keep my money. Works for me. :)

Lest we forget the other wonderful things dickhead Clinton did, like taking $25 billion dollars from the Social Security to bomb Kosovo. :eek: yea, Clinton should truly be praised in these forums.... :rolleyes:

malibuu
09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
. . . A surplus of taxes only has one meaning, OVER taxation . . .

a very good point

V-rod
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Anybody but Obama

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Anybody but Obama

I would take Obama over McShame. Obama is not as mercantilist/fascist as McShame. Of course I'd prefer someone COMPETENT ala RP, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

BTW...anybody but McCain was a popular slogan for repubs in 2000...too bad the repubs forgot about it!

ProBlue33
09-23-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKVPay1eBH8

Some people get wiser with age like Ron Paul some do not, like McCain

The_Orlonater
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Anybody ,but Obama and McCain.

Monolithic
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
at first my opinion of mccain was "alright, he'll be terrible but at least he'll be somewhat better than bush"

then he caved into the far religious right and jingoist wing of the republican party and switched his positions on a bunch of stuff and also picked palin

now i'm fucking terrified of a mccain / palin administration

Highland
09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
lolololohahahahahahahaha Bob Evans! lolololol

The_Orlonater
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Its always laughable when I see people talk about the surplus that Clinton had. Shows how little people understand basic economics. :rolleyes: Let me explain...

All the money that government has, comes from collecting taxes. In order to have a "surplus" of taxes, that would mean that you HAVE to be taking in more money, then you are spending. That being the case, we were being over taxed during the Clinton years. If he wanted to do things right, then he should have lowered the tax rate, so that he was at or near the break even point. A surplus of taxes only has one meaning, OVER taxation.

The entire ".com" bubble that was created during his administration brought in alot of that revenue. The bubble that was artificially created by the FED as well.

So if you really like being over taxed, that's cool. You can pay my taxes then, and I will keep my money. Works for me. :)

Lest we forget the other wonderful things dickhead Clinton did, like taking $25 billion dollars from the Social Security to bomb Kosovo. :eek: yea, Clinton should truly be praised in these forums.... :rolleyes:

In your face OP! Stop praising social liberals.

Let's not forget his sanctions! :eek:

Monolithic
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
In your face OP! Stop praising social liberals.

Let's not forget his sanctions! :eek:

what's wrong with social liberalism?

ChickenHawk
09-23-2008, 11:16 PM
what's wrong with social liberalism?

As public policy, nothing. It's not too desirable as a personal trait however.