PDA

View Full Version : Reagan's son

BillyDkid
09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Not Michael, the other one. I forget his name. It seems to me he is prime Ron Paul material. I have been impressed every time I have seen him on TV. He takes on the Neo-cons and the war everytime and tries to shame them (though they are shameless) when they invoke RR's name. My impression is he would support RP. It would be nice to get him on board if we could.

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone know who Patti's voting for?

AcidReign
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Not Michael, the other one. I forget his name. It seems to me he is prime Ron Paul material. I have been impressed every time I have seen him on TV. He takes on the Neo-cons and the war everytime and tries to shame them (though they are shameless) when they invoke RR's name. My impression is he would support RP. It would be nice to get him on board if we could.

Ron jr.

im_a_pepper
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I think your talking about Ron Jr. He co-hosted a show on MSNBC a couple years ago, and I really enjoyed his commentary and especially his interviews. He openly supported Kerry in 2004 and he is an open atheist which he has spoken candidly about saying that effectively kills any chance he would have in politics. He is a self-professed liberal, and I remember him saying in a GOP conference that he was disappointed with the Republican Party after Ron Sr. died and disapproved of the direction of the GOP and Bush (the dummy one). He left MSM a year or so after Bush's reelection.
I think he would be great as an endorser, but who knows whose cookie jar he keeps his cookies in and he is not highly looked upon generally by the GOP.

BillyDkid
09-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Ron jr.Yeah, duh!!! Sorry for the stupidity.

ButchHowdy
09-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Ron Jr. must be livid about the way these Neocons blaspheme the name of his father.

Primbs
09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Somebody needs to look up Ron Jr.

kylejack
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
"In July 2004, Reagan spoke at the Democratic National Convention about his support for lifting Bush's restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Reagan

Nah.

kylebrotherton
09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Ron Reagan? Seriously? Maybe then we can go after Castro and Chavez for endorsements.

BillyDkid
09-05-2007, 01:13 PM
"In July 2004, Reagan spoke at the Democratic National Convention about his support for lifting Bush's restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Reagan

Nah.RP is a big tent and I don't think disagreement about one thing should disqualify anyone. There are a lot of RP supporters who support the freedom of choice about abortion. None of us are going to agree about anything, but if we agree about the general thrust - the direction - that is good enough. We have such huge problems in this country - a 9 trillion dollar debt which has mortgaged the future of a whole generation. When we have a country that isn't on the verge of bankruptcy and collapse, then maybe we should be fetting about the details.

kylejack
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
RP is a big tent and I don't think disagreement about one thing should disqualify anyone. There are a lot of RP supporters who support the freedom of choice about abortion. None of us are going to agree about anything, but if we agree about the general thrust - the direction - that is good enough. We have such huge problems in this country - a 9 trillion dollar debt which has mortgaged the future of a whole generation. When we have a country that isn't on the verge of bankruptcy and collapse, then maybe we should be fetting about the details.

Ron Reagan is a liberal. Just read his wiki article. Just because he hates Bush doesn't mean he'd be a good endorsement for Ron Paul.

fletcher
09-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Ron is a big government, big spending liberal. He does not think for himself. Every time he is on a show he just repeats the talking points and arguments from Daily Kos. It always makes me laugh. He has almost nothing in common with libertarians like Paul.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Michael Reagan was adopted lol if his dad holds his views, then Reagan was a neo con... hands down

im_a_pepper
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Most of his views do not match except his view of the war in Iraq. He follows the commission report and believes the Iraq war did nothing but fuel more terrorist cells.