PDA

View Full Version : Website Placeholder and domain should be working now for SlaveUprising.com

JoshLowry
09-22-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.SlaveUprising.com

ClockwiseSpark
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Excellent, it looks good. I'm so excited! :D

nayjevin
09-23-2008, 01:50 AM
facebook page, myspace page

Suzu
09-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Home page is done. Will complete the rest soon.

olehounddog
09-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Lookin good:)

constituent
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Home page is done. Will complete the rest soon.

great work suzu, much appreciated!

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Woo Hoo!

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith (been watching a lot of A-Team lately ;))

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 05:49 AM
We agree that we have now become servants to those that would violate our civil liberties, rights, and freedoms such as those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. The Constitution must be restored in its entirety.
http://www.slaveuprising.com/

So what's the compelling rationale of remaining to be a SLAVE to the Federalist's Constitution ( so called )? :rolleyes:

The Illegality, Immorality, and Violence of All Political Action
http://users.aol.com/xeqtr1/voluntaryist/vopa.html

constituent
09-23-2008, 05:55 AM
So what's the compelling rationale of remaining to be a SLAVE to the Federalist's Constitution ( so called )? :rolleyes:

could not agree w/ you more. imo, there is a little too much pander and it dilutes the message.

i think this site needs to focus more on the end goal of thoroughly undermining the federal government.

are we merely casting off the chains of oppression so that others may be bound?

it's a question that needs to be asked.

after all, "restoring the constitution" was the focus of RP's campaign, it doesn't necessarily have to be the focus of ours.

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Ron's additional focus was, "Freedom, Peace and Prosperity".

That ain't EVER coming from the government OR the Constitution ( so called ). :rolleyes:

constituent
09-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Ron's additional focus was, "Freedom, Peace and Prosperity".

That ain't EVER coming from the government.

agreed. i'm hoping the coming months bring a shift in rp's rhetoric toward the above.

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Ron Paul is NOT my "shepherd". I thought this was about "Slave Uprising".

Lysander Spooner once said that he believed "that by false interpretations, and naked usurpations, the government has been made in practice a very widely, and almost wholly, different thing from what the Constitution itself purports to authorize." At the same time, he could not exonerate the Constitution, for it "has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." -- Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

Now 100+ YEARS later, after Spooner, we're still supporting the Federalist's CONstitution. :p

WAKE UP SLAVES!!!

constituent
09-23-2008, 06:31 AM
"that by false interpretations, and naked usurpations, the government has been made in practice a very widely, and almost wholly, different thing from what the Constitution itself purports to authorize."

I would like to include the whole quote, but i'm certain that could be inserted w/out too much flak.

constituent
09-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Ron Paul is NOT my "shepherd". I thought this was about "Slave Uprising".

agreed.

i kinda wonder if this coming together on RPF isn't a detriment in this regard.

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 06:41 AM
agreed.

i kinda wonder if this coming together on RPF isn't a detriment in this regard.

The RPF COULD be a valuable springboard, only IF it's done right.<IMHO> There are several ways to get it right, and MILLIONS of ways to get it WRONG.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
The RPF COULD be a valuable springboard, only IF it's done right.<IMHO> There are several ways to get it right, and MILLIONS of ways to get it WRONG.

Totally agree, did you catch the conference call last night?

We're making this as big of a tent as possible.

If you got beef with your government for whatever issue it may be, then pledge to resist.

We are leaving out labels and leaders. You are an individual.

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Totally agree, did you catch the conference call last night?

We're making this as big of a tent as possible.

If you got beef with your government for whatever issue it may be, then pledge to resist.

We are leaving out labels and leaders. You are an individual. Nope, I didn't catch the call. "Big tents" don't work.<IMHO>

I have NO government. I fired the phony lying weasel D.C. bastards decades ago.

Some of the "slaves" just awoke and arose, somewhat earlier. ;)

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Nope, I didn't catch the call. "Big tents" don't work.<IMHO>

If you don't want a narrow following of Ron Paul followers, and you don't want a big tent, what is it you want?

This whole concept is up for input. Post it here or join the call next week.

I have NO government. I fired the phony lying weasel D.C. bastards decades ago.

Hence the no labels, you are an individual.

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
If you don't want a narrow following of Ron Paul followers, and you don't want a big tent, what is it you want?

This whole concept is up for input. Post it here or join the call next week.

Hence the no labels, you are an individual.

Thanks for asking. :)

"Freedom, Peace and Prosperity", for starters.

Then an END to the TYRANNY and LEVIATHAN. BTW, you WON'T be getting ANY of that through ANY barbaric politics.<IMHO> ;)

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm right there with you.

This isn't strictly political, it's about pledging to resist those who keep you enslaved.

Big tent. ;)

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm right there with you.

This isn't strictly political, it's about pledging to resist those who keep you enslaved.

Big tent. ;):cool: I tend to NOT be a "joiner".

How long do you figure that you have?

My SWAG, < 10 years. :(

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
:cool: I tend to NOT be a "joiner".

How long do you figure that you have?

My SWAG, < 10 years. :(

How long til we are truly free?

How long I have to live?

constituent
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
bump.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
We need to get the image of the rubber wrist band off asap! Looking forward to the next version getting up sometime tomorrow night.

Adam asked that the wrist-band image be removed ASAP, and it's still there. Any reason?

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Adam asked that the wrist-band image be removed ASAP, and it's still there. Any reason?

It's not there? I took it off this morning.

Try clearing your cache.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
It's not there? I took it off this morning.

Try clearing your cache.

I did a force refresh, and used a different browser. It is still there.

http://www.slaveuprising.com/images/header2.jpg

Soccrmastr
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
used my signature lol

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I did a force refresh, and used a different browser. It is still there.

http://www.slaveuprising.com/images/header2.jpg

Oh, I'm not sure if he was refering to that.

I think he was talking about this:

http://www.slaveuprising.com/images/lilman.jpg

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Either way, I need to get something worked up to replace that image.

I'll have something up later. Trying to get the forums up atm.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh, I'm not sure if he was refering to that.

I think he was talking about this:

http://www.slaveuprising.com/images/lilman.jpg

I am pretty darn sure he was.

That little image does not portray a "rubber wrist-band". Perhaps he meant that massive image of a "rubber wrist-band" that's on the page.

Not sure how that can be confusing. Honestly.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I am pretty darn sure he was.

That little image does not portray a "rubber wrist-band". Perhaps he meant that massive image of a "rubber wrist-band" that's on the page.

Not sure how that can be confusing. Honestly.Why? What's the problem with it?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Either way, I need to get something worked up to replace that image.

I'll have something up later. Trying to get the forums up atm.

People are already promoting the page, so we are burning rubber wristbands into people's minds. We need it off asap. Give me the ftp L/P and I'll do it if need be.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:41 PM
People are already promoting the page, so we are burning rubber wristbands into people's minds. We need it off asap. Give me the ftp L/P and I'll do it if need be.

The wristbands are what constituent and I came up with originally.

I don't see why that is a problem.

constituent
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
higher priority than wristbands, imo:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/seqreveal.htm

Truth Warrior
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
How long til we are truly free?

How long I have to live? When enough of the folks OUTGROW the barbaric human institutions that just keep us ALL stuck in our barbaric ways, and then reach a tipping point and critical mass..

Who knows? Our species may survive and it may not. I'd say the odds are very "iffy", at best. ;)

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." -- Bertrand Russell

Religion and politics ( human institutions ) are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.

The ends do NOT justify the means.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM

I think it was explained well enough on the call last night. Wrist-bands have ZERO visibility, and this campaign is all about visibility. Wrist-bands are a dead end.

If someone thinks wearing a wrist-band will help this cause, good for them, let them, but no matter who cam up with the idea, it's not a good one and shouldn't be promoted.

constituent
09-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I think it was explained well enough on the call last night. Wrist-bands have ZERO visibility, and this campaign is all about visibility. Wrist-bands are a dead end.

then make a site w/out the wristbands.

i'm not certain what all the tension/ordering-around is about.

:confused:

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM

Wrist bands are fine, people can wear whatever they are comfortable with. Maybe after wearing their wrist band and people feel confident with their lines, they can graduate up to an arm band. I'm not going to force anyone to do anything.

Besides, it doesn't say "wrist" anywhere on the page. "Arm Bands" are actually bolded, so you're just assuming that image goes on your wrist.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
then make a site w/out the wristbands.

i'm not certain what all the tension/ordering-around is about.

:confused:

There's no tension. Adam just asked for the wrist band image to be removes asap, and it hasn't been. Just trying to get it done.

constituent
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
There's no tension. Adam just asked for the wrist band image to be removes asap, and it hasn't been. Just trying to get it done.

i must be missing something here.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Wrist bands are fine, people can wear whatever they are comfortable with. Maybe after wearing their wrist band and people feel confident with their lines, they can graduate up to an arm band. I'm not going to force anyone to do anything.

Besides, it doesn't say "wrist" anywhere on the page. "Arm Bands" are actually bolded, so you're just assuming that image goes on your wrist.

The IMAGE is a wrist-band Josh. Like hello??? Let's put a condom there, but not put the word condom anywhere and see what happens.........

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
It looks like an armband to me.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
//

constituent
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
The IMAGE is a wrist-band Josh. Like hello??? Let's put a condom there, but not put the word condom anywhere and see what happens.........

do what now?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Here, I just made this...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2882488209_f35c7f3e58.jpg?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3029/2882488169_42c9ebce02.jpg

amy31416
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
do what now?

You heard him--now get out there and spread the word! :eek:

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Cool. One second.

constituent
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2882488209_f35c7f3e58.jpg?

excellent work w/ the composition, but that says nazi to me (and considering i've had the term thrown at me my whole life-on account of my ancestry-that's not an expression i take lightly).

it kind of offends my finer sensibilities, but not in a good way.

i don't think i'm alone on this one.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
/// nevermind

amy31416
09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
This is the band I made from an old t-shirt, just have to cut it out. I'll be wearing it on my forearm.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Amy31415/001.jpg

Edit: lousy pic, but my camera is cheap, sorry!

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
excellent work w/ the composition, but that says nazi to me (and considering i've had the term thrown at me my whole life-on account of my ancestry-that's not an expression i take lightly).

If it were just the image alone I would agree with you but the way the site is setup the explanation is right below it.

I would prefer to see an entire body/silhouette with the armband but this is a good image imo.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:20 PM
This is the band I made from an old t-shirt, just have to cut it out. I'll be wearing it on my forearm.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Amy31415/001.jpg

Edit: lousy pic, but my camera is cheap, sorry!

That's cool...

constituent
09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
If it were just the image alone I would agree with you but the way the site is setup the explanation is right below it.

I would prefer to see an entire body/silhouette with the armband but this is a good image imo.

mmm...

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Well, creating an emotional response is exactly the intention. We can't live on past emotional attachments though. We are creating a new emotional attachment with this campaign.

constituent
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Well, creating an emotional response is exactly the intention. We can't live on past emotional attachments though. We are creating a new emotional attachment with this campaign.

uhhh...

sorry, i kept hearing all this "appeal to the mainstream" stuff last night (which i think is bunk) and how the word "slave" is too edgy, too unappealing...

lemme tell ya, that's going to turn people off.

hell, it turns me off (and i'm hard to offend).

i'm still not certain what's wrong w/ the armband/wristband thing though.

i would be interested in hearing the case against it.

angelatc
09-23-2008, 02:26 PM

FWIW, I like the wristband better. I am probably not going to walk around with a rag tied to my arm.

ClockwiseSpark
09-23-2008, 02:26 PM
The one thing on the site that I'm wondering about is the centering of every other line in the "We agree" section.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Wristband/Armbands.

The idea is to STAND OUT!

Wristbands stand out as much as wearing white underwear. No one sees them, and if they do, they are so common that no on will ever ask why you're wearing a white wrist-band. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a white arm-band?

As was said on the call last night, you can do whatever you choose. But if you want to wear a wristband and go unnoticed, why bother wearing one at all.

Some people want a revolution, others want cake.

I want a revolution.

angelatc
09-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Wristband/Armbands.

The idea is to STAND OUT!

Wristbands stand out as much as wearing white underwear. No one sees them, and if they do, they are so common that no on will ever ask why you're wearing a white wrist-band. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a white arm-band?

As was said on the call last night, you can do whatever you choose. But if you want to wear a wristband and go unnoticed, why bother wearing one at all.

Some people want a revolution, others want cake.

I want a revolution.

Go for it then.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
No offense, but I'm going to leave the old image up just for a few hours.

It doesn't say wristbands anywhere on the site.

I will come up with a new image similar to Adam's postcard image where there are apple like silhouettes wearing both arm and wristbands.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Josh check your PMs please.

LittleLightShining
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
FWIW, I like the wristband better. I am probably not going to walk around with a rag tied to my arm.That's why we have the wristband option! Whatever works for you, just wear something!

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Adam conceived this idea of arm bands for good reason. And he and I talked about it at length. The emotional response some of you are having is WHY we chose it. This HAS to cause a response. And sorry to say, but wearing a white arm band will not cause ANY response whatsoever. And if you can see the logic and reason in that, I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it any better, because really, it's pretty obvious.

If you're afraid. PUSH THROUGH. Others will be too. but when you see your first complete stranger also wearing one, you will be enlivened and filled with excitement and new-found boldness. You'll make a new friend, and others will notice the reaction between you two and want to know what's going on. Then you'll start seeing more then one person with an arm-band. Then you'll start seeing them everywhere. Then everyone will be wearing one. And you'll be proud that from day one you chose to let fear die and walked out your door ready to tell the world that you exist and you're ready to stand out for what is right.

If this campaign is to be successful, we must all wear a white arm band and go out in public and encourage the others that have chosen to do so as well.

If we remain afraid, we will remain slaves.

constituent
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
If this campaign is to be successful, we must all wear a white arm band

I'm having trouble getting down w/ the "you must, we must" thing.

Maybe it's just me?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm having trouble getting down w/ the "you must, we must" thing.

Maybe it's just me?

Well, perhaps you have a problem with we must be free and in order to obtain that, you must do something.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Again, don't try and control it.

That was what the whole call was about last night. Let people use the wristbands as a stepping stone if needed.

amy31416
09-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, perhaps you have a problem with we must be free and in order to obtain that, you must do something.

Naw, I'm with Constituent on the we must bidness, it's the one thing that's always annoyed me right off the bat.

That said, I agree with your sentiment that it should be something that stands out if you really want it to take off. I never look at those rubber bracelets people wear and consider it a stupid trendy thing.

constituent
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
That said, I agree with your sentiment that it should be something that stands out if you really want it to take off. I never look at those rubber bracelets people wear and consider it a stupid trendy thing.

agreed. it's the individual's choice to make.

that said, the wristband concept is something people are familiar with, which (imo) broadens and normalizes (normalization, a problem we've had in the past) the whole thing.

amy31416
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM

that said, the wristband concept is something people are familiar with, which (imo) broadens and normalizes (normalization, a problem we've had in the past) the whole thing.

Good point. I'm all for both.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Let me reword that for you....

that said, the wristband concept is something people are familiar with, which neutralizes the whole thing.

JoshLowry
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
So how about a graduation date?

If you're wearing a wristband, set a goal to move up to an armband by a certain date.

I'm not going to berate someone because they are wearing a white wrist band.

constituent
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
that said, the wristband concept is something people are familiar with, which neutralizes the whole thing.

i feel just the opposite about this, perhaps we'll simply have to agree to disagree this go round.

no biggie.

phoenixrising
09-24-2008, 05:10 PM
[quote=JoshLowry;1701918]Wrist bands are fine, people can wear whatever they are comfortable with. Maybe after wearing their wrist band and people feel confident with their lines, they can graduate up to an arm band. I'm not going to force anyone to do anything.

josh...real good point!! many may decide to wear a wrist band to work for ex. vs an armband (no one ever questioned live strong) the original quote evolved around the wristband. freedom of choice. period. ;)

also wanted to pt. something out to u i saw out there already:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Front-Page.htm

News Link • Revolution (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Standard-Page.htm?Page=00113&From=News)
The r3VOLution Just got Meaner (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=038639&From=News)
09-23-2008 • SlaveUprising.com
"A Slave Uprising has begun!"
Make a Comment (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Add-Comment.htm?Type=News&InfoNo=038639)....