PDA

View Full Version : Newt is against the bail out

itshappening
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
on fox now, shame he's a fake conservative

heavenlyboy34
09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
on fox now, shame he's a fake conservative

so? everyone on Faux news is a fake conservative (or neocon)

itshappening
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
he's saying a lot of good stuff though, mentioned japan.

Dequeant
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe the inevitable fail of the country has chipped some of the neocon stone off his heart and a small conservative cell is exposed?

Doubtful, they're just scared because they're getting blamed for the whole thing....

It's almost sad that even THEY don't know that they aren't the ones entirely responsible.

smithtg
09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
im not much a newt fan but he did keep to some of the real truths in this fiasco

quote here (from NPR)

NPR:
You know, when congressional leaders met on Thursday night with Secretary Paulson and with the Fed chair, Ben Bernanke, the message was dire. You heard Sen. Chris Dodd saying they were told we are maybe days away from a complete meltdown of our financial system. Don't you think that there's an imminent crisis here, that if they were to wait, there could be really drastic results?

NEWT responds:

To be honest, I don't know. Secretary Paulson has been consistently wrong for a year-and-a-half. He told us for a year-and-a-half this wasn't a dire crisis; this wasn't going to happen. So the very people who told us for a long time not to worry about it are — I know they're panicked. Whether that means that we should be panicked, I'm not sure. And I think the purpose of the Congress, the purpose of the House and Senate, is to be a check and balance on the executive branch, not to automatically write blank checks.