PDA

View Full Version : C4L Protesting against bailout on Wall Street

ashura
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
As I was going to class today, I saw a handful of people protesting the bailout and passing out monopoly money with the C4L url on it on Wall Street. Is this being organized by C4L or is it purely grassroots? And if it's not organized by C4L, WHY NOT? This is exactly the sort of thing that I want the money I donate to go towards.

nullvalu
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Agreed. I'm actually starting to get pissed off. It's been several months now, and still the CFL hasn't helped organize anythign for the grassroots. I thought that was going to be the point of it. But I am going to wait til tomorrow to see what Ron Paul's announcement will be before releasing all my frustration.

ItsTime
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Agreed. I'm actually starting to get pissed off. It's been several months now, and still the CFL hasn't helped organize anythign for the grassroots. I thought that was going to be the point of it. But I am going to wait til tomorrow to see what Ron Paul's announcement will be before releasing all my frustration.

They are launching on the 1st. Im sure they have lots in store.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM

I agree. They are having a retreat this week though to discuss things moving forward.

CasualApathy
09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree. They are having a retreat this week though to discuss things moving forward.

I remember thinking that it was actually possible that RP himself would grace these forums once he was allowed to - but that hasn't happened yet. I dont know hit inter-tube skillz, but forums are easy, right?

muzzled dogg
09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Im sure they have lots in store.

eeeeeeeyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i dunno about that

ItsTime
09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
eeeeeeeyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i dunno about that

then maybe we should get off our asses and do something :D
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157231

ashura
09-22-2008, 07:18 PM
then maybe we should get off our asses and do something :D
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157231

Sure, doing something on our own is great, but we're giving C4L our hard earned money for a reason you know...

Adam Kokesh
09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
This was an action put together by the NYC CFL meetup group. Great initiative!

Why would you complain that "the CFL hasn't helped organize anythign for the grassroots?" Being effective grassroots organizers means taking initiative. Everyone has been complaining that the CFL was too top down. Now it comes bottom up and you want to complain about that? STFU!j/k

The guys in NYC I've spoken to said this was a great action and they will be posting vids on it soon, so stand by. If the CFL won't put it on their blog to recognize this grassroots effort, that would be the time to complain!

The movement does not need a national organization to "take charge" of the movement. However, the CFL can serve as a national banner for us to carry and I think it will serve us well in that regard. All the top heads are still waiting for direction from RP to give it some more concrete form, but that shouldn't stop you from taking a page from CFL NYC's playbook and take the initiative to plan your own actions. What are you waiting for?

BTW, I will be in NYC for the CFL meetup tomorrow at the Old Bridge Gourmet Deli at 41st and Lexington. 1900.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM

Why would you complain that "the CFL hasn't helped organize anythign for the grassroots?" Being effective grassroots organizers means taking initiative. Everyone has been complaining that the CFL was too top down. Now it comes bottom up and you want to complain about that? STFU!j/k

The guys in NYC I've spoken to said this was a great action and they will be posting vids on it soon, so stand by. If the CFL won't put it on their blog to recognize this grassroots effort, that would be the time to complain!

The movement does not need a national organization to "take charge" of the movement. However, the CFL can serve as a national banner for us to carry and I think it will serve us well in that regard. All the top heads are still waiting for direction from RP to give it some more concrete form, but that shouldn't stop you from taking a page from CFL NYC's playbook and take the initiative to plan your own actions. What are you waiting for?

BTW, I will be in NYC for the CFL meetup tomorrow at the Old Bridge Gourmet Deli at 41st and Lexington. 1900.

Well spoken.

ItsTime
09-22-2008, 07:28 PM

qft.

We have a meet up formed here in NH too. Just an extension of the RP meetup. We meet next week. Get up do something, anything it all helps.

awake
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM

A bottom up organization is harder to infiltrate and disrupt. Take the good ideas and replicate.

ashura
09-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Great points, and certainly ones I agree with. I'm in no way trying to take away from the great work done by the NYC CFL meetup group. I'm just pointing out that even the tiniest bit of help from CFL can go a long way. Fliers which are easy to write up and design can be created from scratch by the grassroots, but they should be even easier to write up and design by the people who we're paying to promote stuff like this.

To CFL's credit, they do have fliers and pamphlets up on the site today, but to their detriment, they weren't posted till 6:10pm and so weren't available to the meetup. Imagine if they were up by noon how much of an impact they could've had. Little things like that are all I'm asking for.

EDIT: Well, now I feel like a total idiot. CFL did indeed have them up around noon. Nevermind my ramblings then, I must be a little out of it today. :p

Sandra
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
There are a lot of talented people on this forum, such as awake, that design push cards, posters and other printable resources. Would it be possible for this forum to have a category with those resources in pdf's for download and print it out ourselves? I liked how the RonPaul2008 site had them available so we didn't have to wait to get them in the mail.

I downloaded the Dead End poster awake designed, it looks awesome.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Campaign for Liberty - New York City - Tuesday, 9/23/08: 7 PM - Speaker Adam Kokesh

I am representing the newly formed CAMPAIGN FOR LIBERTY - NEW YORK CITY chapter and we just started a new facebook group...

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27037781165

Is there any way everyone could join and invite everyone that they know in NYC to join the group? Or anyone else that you think might be interested? Trying to get as many people as possible...

FURTHERMORE, if you live in the city, come to our chapter meeting tomorrow night at the Old Bridge Gourmet Deli on 41st and Lexington at 7 PM...

Adam Kokesh (The up-and-coming new face of "Iraq Veterans Against the WAR" and a die-hard Ron Paul supporter who spoke at the Rally for the Republic, will be speaking at the meeting on Tuesday night... make sure you bring as many friends as possible to hear this wonderful orator speak the truth about the problems facing our country...

Here is a small clip of his speech at the Rally for the Republic and his daring escapades at the Republican National Convention two days later...

http://pimpinturtle.com/2008/09/06/m...test-2008.aspx

Hope to see everyone there...

I really appreciate all the help,

Thanks again,

Eric Allen

Send emails to davidericallen@mac.com

or text message 479-220-8724 for info...

MRoCkEd
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
As I was going to class today, I saw a handful of people protesting the bailout and passing out monopoly money with the C4L url on it on Wall Street.
Haha. That's awesome.