PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer others

DJ24966
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I've been trying for months to get others to listen to Dr. Paul, only to get ridiculed, and called a crazy idiotic moron, which is the same thing call Dr. Paul. No matter how much evidence you provide to support your cause, they just ignore it and talk about how they will vote for the lesser of 2 evils, McCain, and Obama.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

123tim
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Brush up on the economy (If you need to) and talk about that.
Dr. Paul is spot on with everything that is going on right now.

Good luck!

DJ24966
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Thats what I've tried to do, warning others of whats coming, and you just get treated like an idiot for actually caring about it.

You can provide quote after quote, video after video, and get no results with some people..

Bruno
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I've been trying for months to get others to listen to Dr. Paul, only to get ridiculed, and called a crazy idiotic moron, which is the same thing call Dr. Paul. No matter how much evidence you provide to support your cause, they just ignore it and talk about how they will vote for the lesser of 2 evils, McCain, and Obama.

Thanks

Have you read his most recent book? :) Buy it and share it.
http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519

constitutional
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Thanks

You just say F.U. to those kind of people and move on. I've had same experience trying to convert some people. Just move on to other people.

DJ24966
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
You just say F.U. to those kind of people and move on. I've had same experience trying to convert some people. Just move on to other people.

Thats the problem, lol. Mostly everybody I speak with has that attitude. I'll be honest, I don't like believing our government is evil either, but it's really not a hard thing to look at.

Most people in this country just vote for whomever the media shoves down our throats the most, without doing the research.

It's actually kinda sad.

me3
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't talk down the government, keep on issues. You have to sell it to people by appealing to what is in their best interest.

olehounddog
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I found that talking generically helps. Don't mention names, pro or con. Don't slam their candidate or promote yours. Then hope you can give them the evidence that will cause them to change on their own. Stick to issues that concern the person you are talking to at the time. Just my $.02.

LittleLightShining
09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Don't talk down the government, keep on issues. You have to sell it to people by appealing to what is in their best interest.When I first learned about Ron Paul I was liek a zealot and I couldn't understand why nobody felt as strongly as I did. Why didn't they care about the Fed? Why don't they see the NWO all around them? Why do they think the media tells them the truth? I would immediately try to get people to understand my perspective on things that would be considered "conspiracy theory". Luckily I mostly did that with my family (and it didn't take long at all to convert them ALL) but I realized that people I don't know so well didn't really take kindly to me criticizing the current administration too much, criticizing the wars, not being sucked in by "hope" and "change"... So I alienated a lot of people that I might have been otherwise able to convert had I been more gentle.

Right now, as 123Tim said, your best avenue is talking about the economy. Search youtube for videos with Ron Paul and The Fed. Pass them on to those who will listen. In my experience it was a video or two that really sealed the deal for the folks who "converted".

Also, The Manifesto is amazing, easy to read and really spells out so much in layman's terms. Use it to your advantage.

constituent
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Thats what I've tried to do, warning others of whats coming, and you just get treated like an idiot for actually caring about it.

You can provide quote after quote, video after video, and get no results with some people..

if you've said your peace, let it go. first they'll be surprised, and then they'll come to you.

(welcome to the board)

DJ24966
09-22-2008, 05:13 PM
if you've said your peace, let it go. first they'll be surprised, and then they'll come to you.

(welcome to the board)

Hard to say my peace when they banned from their message board, lol. Just because I defended the middle class, and those that were being in danger because of Ike, and the other hurricane.

The administrator of that board pretty much said that all the people that lived there were nothing more than idiots, and if their house gets destroyed they need to be back at work the next day to rebuild it, instead of sitting and taking a welfare check.

I understand they need to work, but telling someone they don't deserve any help when everything they had was just lost, is pretty damn pathetic if you ask me.

And, Thanks for the welcome :)

FunkBuddha
09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Keep your head up. Remember the Remnant Dr. Paul speaks about? Read this and you'll understand what he means.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/nock3b.html