PDA

View Full Version : HUGE spike in oil prices over bailout news...wowzah

socialize_me
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Here's the Digg link:

http://digg.com/business_finance/Oil_prices_surge_30_up_to_130_barrel_on_news_of_ba ilout

Sweet crude is up over $15/barrel today at ~$120, or nearly 15% climb in one day...amazing, amazing.

Live oil futures quotes:
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html

Time to buy up some commodities, everyone. Load up on either gold or silver, agriculture, and oil. Why can't we get this message out there??? Tell people that if this bailout package is passed that we'll not only increase the debt and prolong the disaster, yadda yadda yadda, but tell them if this package is passed that oil and food prices, which are not included in the nerfed-down CPI numbers, will skyrocket. So we bail out these banks and insurance companies increasing our debt over $11.3 trillion while at the same time devaluing our Dollar and pushing energy prices higher and higher. Lord knows we can't let these companies fail...nonono, that would mean everyone's standard of living wouldn't plummet.

Bruno
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
welcome!

socialize_me
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks!! It's great to be here! I think a lot of Americans protest this legislation but none want to get off the couch. If they are told gas prices will rise over $4/gallon, I guarantee there will be blood in the streets...figuratively of course..

CurtisLow
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
welcome!

+1

Fill up now it may go up very quick.... Fuel :mad:

Razmear
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
+1

Fill up now it may go up very quick.... Fuel :mad:

Our prices here never came down when wholesale was $2.50/gal.
We usually pay less than 50cents over wholesale in SC but due to Ike and general oil company greed we are still near $4 at many stations.

eb

Zera
09-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks!! It's great to be here! I think a lot of Americans protest this legislation but none want to get off the couch. If they are told gas prices will rise over $4/gallon, I guarantee there will be blood in the streets...figuratively of course..

Psh... It's been over $4/gallon here in Georgia since before Ike hit. Plus, just about every gas station is out right now.

123tim
09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Psh... It's been over $4/gallon here in Georgia since before Ike hit. Plus, just about every gas station is out right now.

Seriously? I guess that I've been out of the loop.
I assumed that it had gone back down by now.