PDA

View Full Version : Businesses to Pledge % of Sales to Ron Paul

katao
09-05-2007, 10:23 AM
As I've described on other threads, small business owners can be powerful allies in this fight. I can't claim any credit for this one, but here in Salt Lake City, an online retailer is stepping up to the plate.

It would be great for this sort of thing to catch on...

P.S. Buy from these guys if you have need of their product.

For Immediate Release:
Freshwater Organics pledges to donate ½ of all September sales to Ron Paul campaign

"We are hopeful that this fund-raising promotion will help create awareness for Ron Paul -- the Republican Presidential candidate from Texas, and that the fund raising idea will spread to other on line stores".- Fran Tully

Salt Lake City, UT, September 4, 2007: In an effort to help create awareness and raise money for the Ron Paul presidential campaign, Freshwater Organics has pledged to give 50% of all September sales to the Ron Paul campaign. Freshwater Organics (www.freshwaterorganics.com ) is the Utah based distributor of Perma-Guard food-grade, organic, Diatomaceous Earth products.
For full release, go to http://freshwaterorganics.com/press.html

kjdaugirdas
09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
seems like this wouldn't be legal.

gtjwkq
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, ½ is a lot. We should really focus our attention to business owners, they're the most capable of contributing and the most likely to benefit.

katao
09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
seems like this wouldn't be legal.

I'm not sure of legality - they do have disclaimer on the site that contributions are only up to the maximum allowed by law.

nayjevin
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
how and to whom we spend our money is one of our most powerful weapons for change. never underestimate your purchasing power!

katao
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
how and to whom we spend our money is one of our most powerful weapons for change. never underestimate your purchasing power!

Nayjevin, perhaps you can have a section on the Portal for businesses supporting Ron Paul.

nayjevin
09-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Nayjevin, perhaps you can have a section on the Portal for businesses supporting Ron Paul.

good idea!