PDA

View Full Version : This crap gets me fuming!!!

crackyflipside
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/markets/thebuzz/?postversion=2008092211

"Be ticked off - but get over it

You should be angry about the $700 billion plan to save banks. But once the rage subsides, realize that doing nothing would be disastrous."

Are you ******* kidding me?!? Get over it?!?
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

dsentell
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Be sure to vote on the poll:

What should Congress do with the $700 billion proposal to take pressure off the credit markets?

Pass the legislation quickly 19%

Pass it, but add stimulus and foreclosure relief 37%

Reject it 44%

moostraks
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
voted...
Pass it, but add stimulus and foreclosure relief 36%
Reject it 45%
Total responses to this question: 31329

Fox McCloud
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
This bailout plan is bad enough as it is, but adding a "bail out those paying mortgages" is ridiculous; as is, it's creating an incentive for the banks not to care about making bad loans...but ultimately those who foolishly got themselves into debt will have to pay for it, and they'll learn their lesson.

However, if you bail them BOTH out, then they both won't learn, and the system will just continue :(

voted "reject it"

Pass it, but add stimulus and foreclosure relief 36%
Reject it 45%

enjerth
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Grab some popcorn and enjoy the dissolvement of an empire.

On second thought, maybe you'd buy a lot of popcorn. You might get hungry in the following months.

Andrew-Austin
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/news/economy/cnn_bailout_poll/index.htm?postversion=2008092216

"Americans want bailout"

:mad:

EPIC1934
09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/23/business/23markets.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Notice how the Corporate Media is framing the issue so that either we agree to no strings attatched to the Corporate Bailout, OR we are the ones holding a gun to the head of the world economy, by being responsible for a further plunge in the DOW!

moostraks
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
46% no at all and 54% yes bailout does not sound like a " most Americans want this" response to me. Gotta love the spin!!!
Poll is up to 47522 responses. I hate msm...

Pistis
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Voted!

Amazing, just amazing. You can literally see fascism come into life in the USA -- the banksters and their buddies in government (i.e. Henry 'Goldman' Paulson) sticking trillions of dollars of bad debts on the American taxpayer by printing money out of thin air to buy the debts -- so a double whammy with the inflation tax on top of the bailout.

Hyper-inflation here we come! Got gold?

SeanEdwards
09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I've got a better stimulus plan:

Lynch the executives responsible for committing massive systemic fraud, then draw and quarter the politicians responsible for enabling the thievery by abusing state power, then boil in oil the media shills who failed their civic duty to inform the public, and finally feed all the keynesian economists who lent intellectual justification for this mess to the dogs.

cheapseats
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Lynch the executives responsible for committing massive systemic fraud, then draw and quarter the politicians responsible for enabling the thievery by abusing state power, then boil in oil the media shills who failed their civic duty to inform the public, and finally feed all the keynesian economists who lent intellectual justification for this mess to the dogs.

Stage executions as Special Events in public squares...revenue, revenue, revenue.

What is interesting is that, not only do the people not revolt, we are not even treated to the occasional strategic lob of a rotten tomato.

SeanEdwards
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Stage executions as Special Events in public squares...revenue, revenue, revenue.

Now that's entertainment I'd happily pay for.

dannno
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM

That's the most intelligent thing I've ever heard you say :)

EPIC1934
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Im with you until the Keynes. I dont see how you can blame the original Fannie and Fredie programs for this. It was when they were changed to half gov. half private that caused the welfare for the corporations. These programs put a lot of people in the middle class before they were adulterated.

cheapseats
09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/news/economy/cnn_bailout_poll/index.htm?postversion=2008092216

"Americans want bailout"

:mad:

How very convenient.

Bailouts R Us.

InterestedParticipant
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Author's email is:
paul.lamonica@turner.com

crackyflipside
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
OMG, someone please check this out....

Please verify it....

If true I believe that the gov't thinks we are on the brink of anarchy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/22/dirty-secret-of-the-bailo_n_128294.html

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

crackyflipside
09-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Some wiki-history on the French Revolution.

The immediate trigger for the Revolution was King Louis XVI’s attempts to solve the government’s worsening financial situation. In February 1787, his finance minister, Loménie de Brienne, convened an Assembly of Notables, a group of nobles, clergy, bourgeoisie, and bureaucrats selected in order to bypass the parlements, special courts with the power to register royal edicts, who saw themselves as upholders of traditional constitutional constraints on the monarchy.

I really hope the sky isn't falling now.

RSLudlum
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found
out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon
them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words
or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the
endurance of those whom they oppress."
-Frederick Douglass

Cinderella
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
:mad:wtf is this $hit!!! this is absurd!!!

one of the comments was pretty funny

"Well, now that the taxpayers have bought an insurance company, we all should be able to get health insurance at a helluva group rate. Right?"

porcupine
09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

So.....what are you going to do?

crackyflipside
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM

What I've been doing; telling everybody I know, making issues like this go viral, raising the volume of tension between people and government to try to destroy any remnants of apathy, showing other people they are not alone, showing other people that there is something wrong, showing the government that the voices grow louder and louder by the day that this is not an isolated revolt but a determined revolution.

edit:

The best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

EPIC1934
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
What I've been doing; telling everybody I know, making issues like this go viral, raising the volume of tension between people and government to try to destroy any remnants of apathy, showing other people they are not alone, showing other people that there is something wrong, showing the government that the voices grow louder and louder by the day that this is not an isolated revolt but a determined revolution.

edit:

The best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

what I am going to do is
1) go to my window and open it...
and 2) post like heck on BIG NEWSPAPER SITES WHERE THOUSANDS CAN SEE. if we dont POST INTO THE ''''MAINSTREAM''' WE ARE FACILITATING OUR OWN MARGINALIZATION. THEY want us to ONLY post here!