PDA

View Full Version : Just a Random Thought I Had...

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
With technology steadily advancing and refining modern warfare, you would think that the way we wage war would be faster and more efficient too, but it's not.

Sept. 11, the event that launched the so-called "War on Terror", was six years ago and we still haven't held the guilty parties responsible, or even tried. Let's put that into perspective.

On December 7, 1941, the attack on Pearl Harbor marked the official beginning of U.S. involvement in WWII. Yet, six years after Pearl Harbor, the war was already over and two years past in the history books! Hitler was dead, Hideki Tojo was to be executed, and the Allied Forces had thoroughly annihilated its enemies.

Consider this; If it only took six years for a "coalition of the willing" (four years with U.S. involvement) to destroy the tyrannical regime of a megalomaniacal evil genius who, unless I'm mistaken, had already taken over MOST of Western Europe, then why has it taken us six years to smoke a lone Saudi outlaw on kidney dialysis out of a stinking desert cave?!?! It makes absolutely NO sense at all.

glts
09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
With technology steadily advancing and refining modern warfare, you would think that the way we wage war would be faster and more efficient too, but it's not.

Sept. 11, the event that launched the so-called "War on Terror", was six years ago and we still haven't held the guilty parties responsible, or even tried. Let's put that into perspective.

On December 7, 1941, the attack on Pearl Harbor marked the official beginning of U.S. involvement in WWII. Yet, six years after Pearl Harbor, the war was already over and two years past in the history books! Hitler was dead, Hideki Tojo was to be executed, and the Allied Forces had thoroughly annihilated its enemies.

Consider this; If it only took six years for a "coalition of the willing" (four years with U.S. involvement) to destroy the tyrannical regime of a megalomaniacal evil genius, then why has it taken us six years to smoke a lone Saudi outlaw on kidney dialysis out of a stinking desert cave?!?! It makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Me thinks they don't want to find him.