PDA

View Full Version : [Youtube] HBO Real Time with Bill Maher - "Give me liberty or give me death"

FrankRep
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
HBO Real Time with Bill Maher
September 19, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCC_jasq0E

RSLudlum
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Damn Naomi Klein is such a hackjob, all I could do is shake my head when she went into the global warming bit after Maher and Sullivan was trying to make a point about our liberties getting flushed (as Klein would have us fear) 'out to the warming seas' :rolleyes:

Kotin
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Damn Naomi Klein is such a hackjob, all I could do is shake my head when she went into the global warming bit after Maher and Sullivan was trying to make a point about our liberties getting flushed (as Klein would have us fear) 'out to the warming seas' :rolleyes:

thats exactly what I thought..

what a bitch.

ashura
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, Klein kept repeatedly pissing me off during the show. At the same time, Sullivan, who I'm a big fan of, really needs to lay off the caffeine.

RSLudlum
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
At the same time, Sullivan, who I'm a big fan of, really needs to lay off the caffeine.

Nah,,,If you watch any of the people in the media lately that have connected with our movement, they are really animated now... Sullivan just really gets it now and has the fire like many of us do. :)

Jeremy
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Bill Maher will try to pretend he's a libertarian

but he's a liberal

Kotin
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM

but he's a liberal

as long as he supports the Constitution than hes fine in my book.

FrankRep
09-21-2008, 09:23 PM

but he's a liberal

Define liberal. These terms keep changing meaning.

Jeremy
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Define liberal. These terms keep changing meaning.

"conservatives are evil, elect democrats"

something like that lol

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM

but he's a liberalLet's not forget that the basic, modern definition for libertarianism is social liberalism + economic conservatism. He just happens to focus more on civil liberties than anything else, which is fine.

Jeremy
09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
oh look, global warming propaganda in there

see what i mean?

constitutional
09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
The woman trails off from security to hurricanes, global warming, republicans, mccain, pallin. Dumb bitch. :)

Micah Dardar
09-22-2008, 12:04 AM

but he's a liberal

This movement is not about left, right, black, white, blue, or red. This movement is about freedom for everybody. We may have different details, but we all essentially believe that humans are born with certain inalienable rights.

Bman
09-22-2008, 12:08 AM
this movement is not about left, right, black, white, blue, or red. This movement is about freedom for everybody. We may have different details, but we all essentially believe that humans are born with certain inalienable rights.

+1787

ashura
09-22-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't blame Bill for believing what he does. The fact is mainstream Republicans and conservatives haven't given every day people a viable alternative. They're for the medical-industrial complex. They can't answer how the free market will provide better health care for every day citizens because they're anti-free market. They've backstabbed the taxpayer with latest Medicare bill. In light of all that, I can see why someone not involved, someone who doesn't dig deeper (aka your average voter), might think that the Democrats have an answer that will work.

This is the damage that this administration, the Bush I administration and the Reagan administration has wrought. Conservatism has been given a terrible reputation thanks to those who claim to be but are not conservatives.