PDA

View Full Version : a thank you is in order!

heavenlyboy34
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Those who live on social security owe their livelihood to younger generations, seeing as their "income" is derived by taxing workers. It would be nice if there was a holiday on which every social security recipient formally thanks every non-retiree.

I hereby propose this holiday to you, and it should be called "productive class appreciation day" (or something like that). This holiday should be celebrated by a giving of gifts and cards to the productive class by the state welfare recipients.

This day shall also be a spending holiday for the government. The legislature shall take the day off and make speeches in appreciation of the productive class.

I hope you like my proposal. I think it would be a nice symbolic guesture-certainly a better holiday than D-day or some such statist holiday.

:D

dsentell
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
If this bailout goes through, it would be all that much more appropriate!!!

Danke
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
That may be true for some of the first recipients of SS.

But many retiring lately will have paid much more into it than they will receive back.

So should we thank them for past contributions that provided much of the infrastructure we currently enjoy?

heavenlyboy34
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
That may be true for some of the first recipients of SS.

But many retiring lately will have paid much more into it than they will receive back.

So should we thank them for past contributions that provided much of the infrastructure we currently enjoy?

You make a valid point. However, stolen money is stolen money-even if it benefits the "greater good". If I stole all your property and gave it to the poor, is it any less a crime?

heavenlyboy34
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
if this bailout goes through, it would be all that much more appropriate!!!

+20000000 :d

Danke
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
You make a valid point. However, stolen money is stolen money-even if it benefits the "greater good". If I stole all your property and gave it to the poor, is it any less a crime?

So with your logic, the victim of the past crime should be thanking you for being a victim of the same crime in the present?

Charles Wilson
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Those who live on social security owe their livelihood to younger generations, seeing as their "income" is derived by taxing workers. It would be nice if there was a holiday on which every social security recipient formally thanks every non-retiree.

I hereby propose this holiday to you, and it should be called "productive class appreciation day" (or something like that). This holiday should be celebrated by a giving of gifts and cards to the productive class by the state welfare recipients.

This day shall also be a spending holiday for the government. The legislature shall take the day off and make speeches in appreciation of the productive class.

I hope you like my proposal. I think it would be a nice symbolic guesture-certainly a better holiday than D-day or some such statist holiday.

Thank you? Are you kidding? Give me a raise and I may consider it :D

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Believe me, if I could yank all of my money out of the hands of welfare recipients, I would in a heartbeat. (perhaps I could audit them when we win the revolution? $50 per paycheck every single week of the year adds up :|)

Admittedly, I do have some grandparent-issues, but even in general...I can't convey how much I detest most of the older generation. That has much to do simply with daily interactions with them and years of harrassment, but also I hold them responsible for most of this mess. They failed to absorb the lesson of Nazi Germany, on a massive level. That was much more vital than actually fighting the battles overseas.

Besides, most wouldn't need medicare if they'd actually had the sense to take care of their bodies while younger. As I see it, the same logic applies here as in with universal health care. Abdicating personal responsibility doesn't mean that responsibility should be hoisted on the unwilling.

ARealConservative
09-21-2008, 10:46 PM

I have a problem calling ss welfare when you get a fraction back that you put in.

Think of it more as a really shitty investment you were coerced into.

heavenlyboy34
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
So with your logic, the victim of the past crime should be thanking you for being a victim of the same crime in the present?

In this instance, yes. That is, the crime committed against me (government theft) directly benefits prior "victims"(earlier generations who were also plundered). If the welfare state were removed, younger generations could make it a priority to take care of older generations-and in a much more productive manner than government fiat.

It's a 2 wrongs don't make a right thing. I could start making historical analogies, but I would probably be guilty of using logical fallacies-and y'all know how I hate to be a fucking hypocrite.

Nite nite, sleep tight!

Free hugs, all around! :D

heavenlyboy34
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I have a problem calling ss welfare when you get a fraction back that you put in.

Think of it more as a really shitty investment you were coerced into.

But the problem is-you DON'T get it back. That's how ponzie (pyramid) schemes like S.S. work. It's all an illusion, like any big government solution.

xd9fan
09-22-2008, 01:28 AM
looking at this thread proves it...........shit programs like these divide america

nobody likes force of govt stealing your property and giving it to whom ever they see fit.

America has de-evolved into just groups fighting groups over centralized power.....in the end individual liberty...diginty....and perpose...are lost.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
But the problem is-you DON'T get it back. That's how ponzie (pyramid) schemes like S.S. work.

I agree, but I don't care much fo your proposal because you're suggesting victims (in many cases) should be thanking other victims, as well as suggesting that the preceding victims were unproductive.

And as you say, SS is definitely a ponzi scheme.

Deborah K
09-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Social security recipients and those paying into the system should be lashing out in anger at the governement who pilfered the SS fund. The original idea what that the money you put into the system would be saved for you to take back when you retired. But the f'ing gov't stole that money. No - the recipients paid just like the rest of us! They don't owe us a thank you.

heavenlyboy34
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Social security recipients and those paying into the system should be lashing out in anger at the governement who pilfered the SS fund. The original idea what that the money you put into the system would be saved for you to take back when you retired. But the f'ing gov't stole that money. No - the recipients paid just like the rest of us! They don't owe us a thank you.

I know that some SS dependents are ignorant of the scheme, and really can't bear too much of the blame. Some are aware of the scheme, but are helpless in avoiding it, no matter how much they fight back.

I was referring to those old folks who assume that they have the RIGHT to extort money from the productive class (via government force)-those folks who live under the illusion that the Great Society is real and should be enforced by the state.

Deborah K
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I was referring to those old folks who assume that they have the RIGHT to extort money from the productive class (via government force)-those folks who live under the illusion that the Great Society is real and should be enforced by the state.

Extort? You don't qualify for SS unless you've put into it. That was my original point.

123tim
09-22-2008, 11:25 AM

+1