PDA

View Full Version : Two colleges chalked for Ron Paul last night! UNH and UNC!

madcat033
09-05-2007, 08:14 AM
So, the Fox News debate is tonight at 9 pm. I had been planning on chalking UNH at some point, but we decided to do it last night so the campus would be covered in Ron Paul stuff before the debate. So, a few of my friends and I went last night and sidewalk chalked ALL over UNH for over three hours. We COVERED the area near the Whittemore Center as well (where the debate will be held).

Everyone who goes to the debate will see Ron Paul written all over the ground. We saw a reporter from Fox News at 1 am last night. We talked to him, and he said he would take a cameraman and walk around campus today filming our writing. Hopefully he will actually do this!

But anyways, everyone who goes to the debate will see it, all the UNH students will see it, and hopefully the media will cover it.

The best part though? My friend from UNC called me when we were in the middle of chalking and he says "Hey, guess what I'm doing right now?" I wanted to interrupt him really badly and tell him how cool it was that we were chalking UNH, when he says to me: "yeah, I'm going around putting up Ron Paul signs around UNC Chapel Hill with 17 other people right now. And then afterwards we are going to chalk the campus!"

SO FREAKING COOL! He called me at like 2 am to tell me how they had covered UNC. They had EIGHTEEN people chalking for FOUR hours! UNC Chapel Hill must be covered...

This is a great day for Ron Paul! no.... this is a great day for America!

DjLoTi
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
*dances in celebration*

aknappjr
09-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Excellent work. Make press releases and/or call the local news. This is VERY IMPORTANT, as it multiplies what you've done.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Excellent work. Make press releases and/or call the local news. This is VERY IMPORTANT, as it multiplies what you've done.

Ok... how do I make a press release? Or can I just call the local news? Do you have any experience with this? I've never done it...

Although, more great news, I've already gotten calls from friends at UNH telling me they saw my Ron Paul stuff all over campus!

Stealth4
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Good work!

JAHOGS
09-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Just call the local media outlets and say you were going to class today and tell them what you saw. Have a few of your friends do the same thing.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Alright I'll try that... I'll have to pretend to be a UNH student though... I actually go to UCLA, hah.

emilysdad
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM
*dances in celebration*

my thoughts exactly

Rivington Essex
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM
A press release is simple: you do not need any official outlet. The best way in this case would be to call/fax/e-mail the reporters in your area that cover the campaign. Send them One paragrapah. Something like:

And follow it up with a phone call. Enclose a photo if you are e-mailing.

Do this, it will take an hour and could be a massive force multiplier on your work. And follow up with a phone call if you have time.

-----------------------------

New Hampshire Sept 5

Ron Paul supporters were out last light working at the University of NH. They were putting up signs and "chalking" the campus by writing "Ron Paul for President" from Avery Hall to XYZ auditoriom

"Ron Paul is winning every straw poll and we support him here" said Joe Supporter, a member of the group that was doing the nightshift. "If he gets fair and equal time, I am sure he will move into the lead."

Groups like the MeetUp for NH have been growing wildly on the web. Ron Paul has more than 40,000 MeetUp members, while the next closest candidate barac Obama has 5000. Rudy has none.

Ron Paul is the only anti-war Republican in the field. He voted for the use of force in Afghanistan but against the Iraq War. He is currently the most searched for candidate on Google.

Contact
Phone

Starks
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
No pictures?

Stealth4
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Doing fax/email/and phone sounds like a good idea, but it cant come across as spam. They will likely cover it if they hear from many people.

Put some thought into the statement to make sure nothing can be misconstrued or misquoted when taken out of context.

Get your friends to do this now so it can get on the evening news.

Good work!

jjockers
09-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Walking to the Roberson Scholar bus this morning at UNC, I saw 3 chalked Ron Paul locations, including one in front of the alumni building. Very nice job guys! Sorry my fiancee and I couldn't make it. Woulda made 20 :( Loved the email last night though "don't tell anyone.."

Johnnybags
09-05-2007, 09:12 AM
He hired NH pressure washer co to get rid of it before the debate, no sense in letting the public influence public opinion, we have Fox for that.

Starks
09-05-2007, 09:23 AM
He hired NH pressure washer co to get rid of it before the debate, no sense in letting the public influence public opinion, we have Fox for that.

Colleges and private entities cannot censor free speech in designated areas on a campus.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 09:33 AM

Wait really? Where did you hear that?

By the way, I just called a bunch of newspapers and told them about the story. Hopefully we'll get some exposure! I told all my friends to call as well.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Colleges and private entities cannot censor free speech in designated areas on a campus.

I don't know what the designated areas are... we pretty much just covered the whole campus.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Sweet! A bunch of my friends are calling as well. I heard the coolest thing, when I called one newspaper and told her she was like "yeah we've already gotten calls about that and we're sending someone"

w00t!

JAHOGS
09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Sweet! A bunch of my friends are calling as well. I heard the coolest thing, when I called one newspaper and told her she was like "yeah we've already gotten calls about that and we're sending someone"

w00t!

That is awesome guys. I got the idea to do that through one of our meetup meetings. Anytime you guys do these type of things be sure to pass it along to the media outlets

madcat033
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm still really worried by what Johnnybags said... where did you go? How did you hear about that?

I mean, we literally did it 10 hours ago... how could you have already heard that Carl Cameron is gonna wash it all off?

njandrewg
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
great job

Stealth4
09-05-2007, 10:28 AM
go to the admin office. play innocent and ask about where you can put up signs, chalk etc. try to find something in writing. that way if they do wash it off in a designated area you have recourse.

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Alright, UNC!!! That's around my home-turf!!!

Don't forget, RP-infatuated Charlotteans have a pretty good meetup!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/127/

risiusj
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
This is about to hit Iowa State University. I can't wait.

SJohnsson
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
University of Maryland will be getting the ball rolling as well

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
madcat, I think Johnnybags wuz kidding.

georgia_tech_swagger
09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
People are still talking -- one week later -- about Ron Paul at USC Upstate.

madcat033
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
madcat, I think Johnnybags wuz kidding.

I hope so!

I can't wait to go to the debate when I get off work... hopefully my chalk will still be there!

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone got any chalking pics?

I dig this trend. Chalk the ***t out of those campuses!! :D

madcat033
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM

I forgot to bring my camera... but I'll be going to the debate in a few hours and I'll be sure to take as many pictures as I can. We literally covered the entire campus! I even wrote a giant "RON PAUL 2008" in front of a bus stop that was literally about 25 feet long.

Oh, and you should DEFINITELY chalk up all college campuses. It's a REALLY effective way to get his name out to thousands of people. They will be talking about Ron Paul all day on campus.

Michael Ingram
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM

ya, this is great

torchbearer
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm still really worried by what Johnnybags said... where did you go? How did you hear about that?

I mean, we literally did it 10 hours ago... how could you have already heard that Carl Cameron is gonna wash it all off?

I think that was a joke... very humorous to picture Carl Cameron and Sean hannity cursing under their breathes as they pressure wash the chalk from the side walks.