PDA

View Full Version : SlaveUprising.com -----> Brainstorm.

Pages : [1] 2

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
See below for most recent mock-up

text: any ideas?

youtubes?

edit:

get your wristbands (thanks littlelightshining)

http://24hourwristbands.com/pages/prices.php
They have a made in the USA option. Also guarantee the lowest price.

http://www.wristbandwarehouse.com/wristband_pricing.html
Free shipping on bulk orders.

http://www.circlebracelets.com/pricing.htm
Free shipping. Minimum order 250 pcs.

http://www.getcustomwristbands.com/prices.php
Get Custom Wristbands

http://goodsforgiving.com/w-blank.html
Goods For Giving

Cowlesy
09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
This could be huge! Tech-savvy people on here help Josh and Constituent out!

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Here's the most recent mock up.

http://i38.tinypic.com/3ze42.jpg

LittleLightShining
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Periods should go at the end of each statement.

Someone with video skills (not me :() should try to edit the video I posted in the other thread so it ends advertising SlaveUprising.

Who's going to handle ordering and distributing the wristbands? Should we start a chip-in to get it rolling and donate the proceeds somewhere?

What about bumper stickers, too?

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:16 PM
We were talking in the chat.

This movement needs to be a bigger tent.

No labels. No republicans/democrats/libertarians/left/right/conservatives/liberals

A good place to start is the we agree text from: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=484

We Agree
The Republican/Democrat duopoly has, for far too long, ignored the most important issues facing our nation.

We Agree

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:19 PM
We were talking in the chat.

This movement needs to be a bigger tent.

No labels. No republicans/democrats/libertarians/left/right/conservatives/liberals

A good place to start is the we agree text from: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=484

Perhaps just putting the four points in sans underlines, etc. for the time being below the story of the roman senators?

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:20 PM
also, paulettenv in the other thread suggested white flags w/ different expressions on them as well...

Natalie
09-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I want a bracelet...

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I think using the slavery concept is a bad idea. Not because I think you're wrong, but because people are going call you an insensitive idiot for comparing paying taxes to slavery. Just like when anything is called a holocaust, all sorts of groups accuse you of belittling the actual holocaust. Your message will get lost in the controversy.

And that list of things you "will no longer" work for is a bit disingenuous. Unless you quit your job, become a subsistence farmer and evade all taxes.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the input, it's just a mockup. We are slaves to our government, we work and they take our money.

I do understand where you are coming from though.

What do I replace the text with instead? Please do put in your suggestions!

Fields
09-21-2008, 02:36 PM
I'd suggest naming the roman senators if possible. It'll give those lines more claim as to their authenticity. As LittleLightShining said, there needs to be periods at the end of each point.

Overall, I think this is a great idea and can't wait to get my wristband.

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
with the four points:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2dvr11w.png

too much text, imo. unless we did a fade-in, fade-out of each paragraph (which is really quite simple.)

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
We agree that we are slaves to the income tax, property tax, death tax, and other taxes that the government has imposed on us in order to sustain big government. Taxation in support of our out of control government must end.

We agree that we are slaves to the private and illegal banking cartel called the Federal Reserve that controls our money supply. This cartel is unconstitutional and therefore criminal. It must be abolished.

We agree that we are slaves to those in the government that would spend tax payer dollars to bail out private banks and financial institutions. These banks should be allowed to fail and it is unconstitutional for the government to get involved.

We agree that we are slaves to those that would violate our civil liberties, rights, and freedoms such as those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

We agree that we are slaves to those politicians who give our tax dollars away via foreign aid. The USA is in massive debt and not a penny should be spent on other nations.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:39 PM
If nothing else is mentioned the INCOME TAX and the IRS must be mentioned!!!!!

Nirvikalpa
09-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Great idea, I would buy a ton of wristbands and spread the message. Discounts for buying in bulk, maybe? ;)

Honestly, I like the term 'slaveuprising.' There's no other word to describe what we are. We need to stop being 'politically correct' and start saying things as we see it.

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I think using the slavery concept is a bad idea. Not because I think you're wrong, but because people are going call you an insensitive idiot for comparing paying taxes to slavery. Just like when anything is called a holocaust, all sorts of groups accuse you of belittling the actual holocaust. Your message will get lost in the controversy.

I think controversy is the best thing that could happen.

A tax on the "privilege" of working is slavery, btw.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM

And that list of things you "will no longer" work for is a bit disingenuous. Unless you quit your job, become a subsistence farmer and evade all taxes.

I tend to agree with this, and hopefully not offense taken.

I don't have anything better to offer at this point, but will brainstorm. Avoid backlash at all costs.

"indentured servitude" might be less controversial, but with also less of a ring to it.

But maybe the idea could be floated around to some outsiders to do a little market research?

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Anyone familiar with Saul Alinksky's book Rules for Radicals ??

Nirvikalpa
You need bigger text (as my graphic design teacher always said, nothing below 12pt), with more line-spacing between letters, for those who have bad eyesight and might strain trying to read.

Also, space things out more. Long paragraphs might not catch the attention of someone - but highlighted and underlined words that make a point will.

LittleLightShining
We agree that we are slaves to the income tax, property tax, death tax, and other taxes that the government has imposed on us in order to sustain big government. Taxation in support of our out of control government must end.

We agree that we are slaves to the private and illegal banking cartel called the Federal Reserve that controls our money supply. This cartel is unconstitutional and therefore criminal. It must be abolished.

We agree that we are slaves to those in the government that would spend tax payer dollars to bail out private banks and financial institutions. These banks should be allowed to fail and it is unconstitutional for the government to get involved.

We agree that we are slaves to those that would violate our civil liberties, rights, and freedoms such as those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

We agree that we are slaves to those politicians who give our tax dollars away via foreign aid. The USA is in massive debt and not a penny should be spent on other nations.
LOVE this!

Also on the Four Points, I think the major focus should be on the debt and the Fed. By starting out with foreign policy we could alienate the 95%ers who are finally waking up to Ron Paul's message.

Menthol Patch
Slavery is the PERFECT word to use!

Black, White, Brown, or Red we are all SLAVES to the government!

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 02:45 PM
From that book, "In mass organization, you can't go outside of people's actual experience. I've been asked, for example, why I never talk to a catholic priest or a Protestant minister or a rabbi in terms of the Judeo- Christian ethic or the 10 commandments or the Sermon on the mount. I never talk in those terms. Instead, I approach them on the basis of their own self interest, the welfare of their church, even its physical property."

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Possible wristband slogans:

Property of Federal Reserve

Property of China

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:48 PM
How about...

Slave Uprising - There are more of us than there are of you!

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Josh and Everyone,

Here are my proposed points.

---

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Updated. Will add bigger text in a bit.

http://i34.tinypic.com/jzwbuo.png

yongrel
As others have already said, the use of the word "slave" sets you up for controversy and criticism of the unwanted sort. I may not care, but there are plenty of folks who want to be offended that would have a field day with a white bracelet representing slavery. it would go over poorly.

Aside from that single word, I love the concept.

Yongrel's 2 bit suggestion: Wristbands that say "Indentured American"

runforron
I have a website I haven't set up yet called www.peacepostcards.com to send out short messages to people. Things like Ten reasons why the Federal Reserve is responsible for the Economic Collapse, or Reasons why the Iraq war is illegal can be sent out to a whole range of people, either targeted to influential people like soldiers and police officers or just people in your precinct leader area. It costs $0.27 to send out a postcard and I don't think the postcard and printing would cost more than $0.13 each. So for around $0.40 you can get information to one person that wouldn't normally read it, and it goes through the hands of all the postal carriers who deliver it. E-mail me at www.runforron@gmail.com for more information. I don't think this will stop the bailout (I doubt anything less than insurrection will stop this), but it will inform people on the cheap.

By the way I've thought about a speech for a while that starts "Hello Fellow Slaves" (that'll keep 'em talking)

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
continuing that...

"If I approach them in a moralistic way, it would be outside their experience, because Christianity and Judeo-Christianity are outside the experience of organized religion. They would just listen to me and very sympathetically tell me how noble I was, and the moment I walked out, they would call their secretaries in and say, "if that screwball ever shows up again, tell him I'm out."

We've got to appeal to the mainstream, in ways they can grasp, and we can't come off as screwballs.

"Communication for persuasion, as in negotiation, is more than entering the area of another person's experience. It is getting a fix on his main value or goal, and holding your course on that target. You don't communicate with anyone purely on the rational facts or ethics of an issue."

So...

1. WHo is the target?

2. What is their main value/goal?

3. Does this approach persuade them to our cause, or does this approach repulse them?

LittleLightShining
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Josh and Everyone,

Here are my proposed points.

---

The more I read this the more I think THIS is exactly the point that is trying to be made with these bands. I propose having this be the full text of the front page. You can link to the Four Points on another page. Can I have a second?

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
As others have already said, the use of the word "slave" sets you up for controversy and criticism of the unwanted sort. I may not care, but there are plenty of folks who want to be offended that would have a field day with a white bracelet representing slavery. it would go over poorly.

The term slave is the most accurate word that can be used.

The white bracelet is the most historically accurate color that can be used according the the story behind our movement.

We must NOT sacrifice truth and accuracy at the alter of political correctness or our movement is doomed to failure from the start.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 02:53 PM
The term slave is the most accurate word that can be used.

The white bracelet is the most historically accurate color that can be used according the the story behind our movement.

We must NOT sacrifice truth and accuracy at the alter of political correctness or our movement is doomed to failure from the start.

And since when did accuracy matter one hoot in hell?

Bruno
09-21-2008, 02:53 PM

I like this

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Banksters made me their bitch.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 02:55 PM
It's awesome! Take a look at it now!

constituent
09-21-2008, 02:56 PM
It's awesome! Take a look at it now!

great... small thing...

"We are all slaves to the USA"

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Will the money go to C4L? Ill buy one if so.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Throw some other ideas out.

If we can think of something better than SlaveUprising, then great.

Updated mockup at top again.

http://i36.tinypic.com/210k406.png

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Will the money go to C4L? Ill buy one if so.

I don't think this should be a for profit. Bracelets are just enough to cover shipping and buying more bracelets.

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't think this should be a for profit. Bracelets are just enough to cover shipping and buying more bracelets.

That would be cool too.

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Maybe indentured servant, or serf, would communicate the same meaning without offending the Jesse Jacksons of the world?

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Slave Uprising sounds good to me!

The only thing that might sound better is "Slave Revolt."

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Maybe indentured servant, or serf, would communicate the same meaning without offending the Jesse Jacksons of the world?

i think we can get the jesse jacksons of the world to our side.

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Serfs up!

Menthol Patch

The word "indentured" would not have 1/10th the impact of the word, "slave."

We are indeed SLAVES.

I never sold myself to the government to become, "indentured."

JoshLowry
Slavery does not know a color.

ItsTime
what kinda uprising is this where we are worried about what others thinking? lol I love this new America. God we KILLED people over whiskey. Now we are worried about feelings.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:03 PM

yep. slave for impact (imo).

Bruno
The word "indentured" would not have 1/10th the impact of the word, "slave."

We are indeed SLAVES.

I never sold myself to the government to become, "indentured."

What about FED Slave then?

yongrel

Absolutely. I don't think this will work unless it's not for profit. Bracelets ideally would be $1 plus shipping, at most $5 plus shipping. Enough to cover the costs of maintaining the website, buying products, other operating costs, etc.

As I said, perhaps a better parallel to draw would be to the indentured servants of early American colonialism. The wealthy aristocrats would ship servants over from England or take American debtors and make them work unpaid for X amount of time in repayment for their initial investment. Often, these servants would work for decades to "pay off" their debt, when in reality they were just being taken advantage of. Essentially, the elite built their fortunes on the backs of these indentured servants.

My 2 cents.

constituent
what kinda uprising is this where we are worried about what others thinking? lol I love this new America. God we KILLED people over whiskey. Now we are worried about feelings.

+1

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 03:04 PM

I think there are far more people who disagree with that statement, regardless of its veracity, Josh.

Pissing them off right off the bat...not sure that's a good idea...

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:04 PM

I totally agree.

There is no reason to remove the word, "slave."

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:05 PM

I couldn't agree more, but look how easy it was for them to paint RP in a bad light over some stupid newletters years ago.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I am a slave to the USSA income tax.

If someone else is mad that I am calling myself a slave, then I apologize, but it is what it is.

I totally know where you are coming from, I am not disagreeing.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM

But loud and obnoxious reactionaries associate it with one. Ask anyone in this country what they think of when they think of slavery, and they will tell you about african slavery in America. The word is already "framed," as George Lakoff would say, and therefor lends itself poorly to political use outside of its frame.

Better to find a word or phrase that is relatively unframed in the public's mind, so as to allow you to better brand yourself.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:07 PM
FED Slave?

It makes the point, and differentiates what kind of slave we are talking about.

MsDoodahs
As I said, perhaps a better parallel to draw would be to the indentured servants of early American colonialism. The wealthy aristocrats would ship servants over from England or take American debtors and make them work unpaid for X amount of time in repayment for their initial investment. Often, these servants would work for decades to "pay off" their debt, when in reality they were just being taken advantage of. Essentially, the elite built their fortunes on the backs of these indentured servants.

My 2 cents.

I have to say I agree with this.

JoshLowry
Better to find a word or phrase that is relatively unframed in the public's mind, so as to allow you to better brand yourself.

Lots of people are posting.

Brainstorm away. :)

Orgoonian
09-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Since when does a race have a monopoly on the word "slave"?
Slavery has been going on since the beginning of mankind,and continues today.

Save us from the PC police

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Lets close this argument and move on.

The slave word needs to stay. Anyone so loud and obnoxious that they will not support our effort because of that word would not be a benefit to our cause.

The freedom loving patriots who we need in our cause would have no problem with that word.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:09 PM

+1

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:09 PM
What about OwnedByTheFed.com?

I want to keep the quote in use, it is what makes the point of why we are all wearing white bands.

It talks about Roman Slaves. Were they all black?

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Lots of people are posting.

Brainstorm away. :)

interesting that slave is not found in the MS Word thesaurus

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM

I want to keep the quote in use, it is what makes the point of why we are all wearing white bands.

No. From my understanding Romans had slaves from every land they conquered.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Since when does a race have a monopoly on the word "slave"?
Slavery has been going on since the beginning of mankind,and continues today.

How many people immediately associate slavery with something besides African slavery in America? The word is a major part of our history, with very specific connotations in the context of American history.

I, for one, do not automatically think of taxes and domestic spying when the word slavery is said; I think of cotton plantations and the Amistad and Roots and Toni Morrison novels.

We can't change the word to suit our own agenda; it's too big of a word.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:12 PM

No, because there is more involved here than the Federal Reserve.

This is not just about the FED. It's about the income tax, the loss of civil liberties, foreign aid, etc.

We are slaves due to ALL of the above and not just the FED.

By using the term "FED" in the title we are limiting our appeal.

Bruno

The slave word needs to stay. Anyone so loud and obnoxious that they will not support our effort because of that word would not be a benefit to our cause.

The freedom loving patriots who we need in our cause would have no problem with that word.

I'll throw it out there again, though.

FED Slave?

JoshLowry
Though ethnicity seems to have played little role in who would be Roman slaves, it did seem to play a part in what tasks they would be assigned to once in service. Obviously, the era one looks at will play a role, as each major conquest would bring a new influx of people from various parts of the world, but certain factors seem to hold true throughout Roman history.http://www.unrv.com/culture/roman-slavery.php

Seems like they took slaves no matter their color. Kind of similiar to our government.

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 03:13 PM
But loud and obnoxious reactionaries associate it with one. Ask anyone in this country what they think of when they think of slavery, and they will tell you about african slavery in America. The word is already "framed," as George Lakoff would say, and therefor lends itself poorly to political use outside of its frame.

YES. Agreed 100%.

ClockwiseSpark
This reminds me of the debates about whether a fund raiser on Nov the 5th was over the line. If you want to tiptoe through the tulips to avoid the possibility of offending someone we might as well just do nothing because no matter what, we will always offend someone.

Servant uprising sounds like you're a butler who is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.
Too watered down IMO.

Menthol Patch
I'll throw it out there again, though.

FED Slave?

There is no reason to put "FED" in the title. It limits the campaign. This is more than just the FED. This is the income tax, the loss of civil liberties, etc.

JoshLowry
No, because there is more involved here than the Federal Reserve.

This is not just about the FED. It's about the income tax, the loss of civil liberties, foreign aid, etc.

We are slaves due to ALL of the above and not just the FED.

By using the term "FED" in the title we are limiting our appeal.

I meant federal government, not federal reserve. ;)

yongrel

This kind of "if you disagree with me, you're a whining ninny who is of no importance" attitude will be a great barrier to future success for you.

Just because your sensibilities are not offended does not mean that you can safely assume everyone else will immediately be on the same page as you.

If the goal of this project is to communicate our discontent and spread our unity in the face of oppression, it's best not to be intentionally abrasive from the start.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:14 PM
This reminds me of the debates about whether a fund raiser on Nov the 5th was over the line. If you want to tiptoe through the tulips to avoid the possibility of offending someone we might as well just do nothing because no matter what, we will always offend someone.

Servant uprising sounds like you're a butler who is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.
Too watered down IMO.

I totally agree.

Servant Uprising does sound pathetic.

Look at how much money we raised with the V for Vendetta Nov. 5th effort! Some chicken wimps were terrified we would offend someone but we raised a huge amount of money and got many new supporters.

Lets not bow at the alter of political correctness.

We must be bold and use the word slave, because it's the best word to use.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
There is no reason to put "FED" in the title. It limits the campaign. This is more than just the FED. This is the income tax, the loss of civil liberties, etc.

Ok. Govt. Slave?

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
This kind of "if you disagree with me, you're a whining ninny who is of no importance" attitude will be a great barrier to future success for you.

Just because your sensibilities are not offended does not mean that you can safely assume everyone else will immediately be on the same page as you.

If the goal of this project is to communicate our discontent and spread our unity in the face of oppression, it's best not to be intentionally abrasive from the start.

No, I'm more than willing to listen to others that disagree with me about MANY issues.

But I take a stand against bowing down at the alter of political correctness.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM
http://www.unrv.com/culture/roman-slavery.php

Seems like they took slaves no matter their color. Kind of similiar to our government.

The Romans enslaved pretty much everyone who wasn't a Roman citizen. The only immunity to enslavement was Roman citizenship, which was convenient for the conquerors. Hell, for a century or two, most of England was enslaved in some way, shape, or form.

But then again, how many Americans know one iota about Roman slavery, let alone enough to make this association immediately.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM

Are you really Sig Hansen?

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:17 PM
No, I'm more than willing to listen to others that disagree with me about MANY issues.

But I take a stand against bowing down at the alter of political correctness.

This isn't about political correctness; it's about political effectiveness.

JoshLowry
Why would blacks not be behind this?

If you understand the issue, then you understand the word.

The federal government owns us and the states.

I think blacks who understand how "enslaved" we are would understand and get behind this idea.

This encompasses all Americans, of left, right, black, and white.

Menthol Patch
Ok. Govt. Slave?

I think Slave should go first.

Slave Uprising is great.

Slave Revolt is great.

Slave Rebellion is great.

Slave Resistance is great.

Slave Underground is great.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:18 PM
In case you missed it, Menthol:

Govt. Slave

yongrel
Are you really Sig Hansen?

Yes.

misericordia
also see www.fedupusa.org

JoshLowry
I want to be free!

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM

I think blacks who understand how oppressed we are would understand and get behind our site.

Josh,

The fact is that 99% of those who would support this effort would not have a problem with the word slave. The 1% that might have a problem with it would not support our effort anyway because they would not have the intelligence to understand the concepts involved.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Josh,

The fact is that 99% of those who would support this effort would not have a problem with the word slave. The 1% that might have a problem with it would not support our effort anyway because they would not have the intelligence to understand the concepts involved.

Question: Are you just looking to make a bracelet for the preexisting Cool Kids Club, or are you trying to expand the movement to encompass a broader base of malcontents? This is an important issue to answer for your effort, I think.

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
American Serf

Tax Serf - all proceeds property of Federal Reserve.

Federal Reserve Serf - Return to owner if found.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM

I think blacks who understand how "enslaved" we are would understand and get behind this idea.

This encompasses all Americans, of left, right, black, and white.

Exactly, those who understand will get it and those who don't will not. Even if we alter the wording to make it less offensive the idea remains the same but the ability to draw attention does not. We need to keep the attention getting Slave Uprising wording and make damn certain we have videos and other explanations on the website.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
EnslavedAmerican.com?

Bruno
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Most of these Iowans aren't happy.
http://www.kcci.com/video/17522524/index.html

Menthol Patch
Exactly, those who understand will get it and those who don't will not. Even if we alter the wording to make it less offensive the idea remains the same but the ability to draw attention does not. We need to keep the attention getting Slave Uprising wording and make damn certain we have videos and other explanations on the website.

I totally agree.

The name Slave Uprising is very attention getting and accurate. The fact is that anyone who reads the "we agree" statements will realize that the term has nothing to do with race.

Bruno
EnslavedAmerican.com?

Mmm. Has a nice ring to it.

Menthol?

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree that slave is a word that is too charged with racial bullshit. All that "Roots" baggage is something we don't need.

Plenty of other words communicate the same meaning without calling forth an image of Chicken George shucking and jiving.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:25 PM
EnslavedAmerican.com?

That's too long.

Nothing is better than SlaveUprising.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Nothing is better than SlaveUprising.

yup.

a great idea, let's not group-think this thing to death.

slaveuprising is where it's at.

that said...

can we get back to working on the text instead of getting derailed?

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
This is mainly about the quote and getting as many bracelets out there.

Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.

"No," said a wiser Senator.

"If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt."

Instead of the Romans being enslaved, it is Americans.

Menthol Patch
I agree that slave is a word that is too charged with racial bullshit. All that "Roots" baggage is something we don't need.

Plenty of other words communicate the same meaning without calling forth an image of Chicken George shucking and jiving.

Sean,

The word "Slave" is attention getting.

The word "Slave" is accurate.

The word "Slave" is simple.

We should go with the word Slave.

Like I've said before 99% of anyone who would support our effort would not mind the word.

ClockwiseSpark
yup.

Indeed.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
yup.

that said...

can we get back to working on the text instead of getting derailed?

I agree. Lets work on the text.

Can the following be included somewhere?

"Attention Govt - There are more of us than there are of YOU!"

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Yes, and I think anyone who reads that is going to understand where we are coming from. Sure some people won't like it but you could say that about everything.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:30 PM

yup and the quote does not mention "indentured servants," rather it explicitly states "slaves."

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
yup and the quote does not mention "indentured servants," rather it explicitly states "slaves."

Exactly! The quote uses the term slaves and we need to stick to the quote!

JoshLowry
Ok, I understand where the heat comes from.

It is a bit edgy, but we are completely justified in using the word.

We are using it properly. Sometimes projects need to be a bit borderline or questionable in order for it to take off. I say we move on and use SlaveUprising.com

It gets attention.

If you are a slave and sick of all this shit, then I hope you will stand and be counted by wearing one.

This is about the quote and getting out bracelets. We need a bigger tent.

constituent
I agree. Lets work on the text.

i'm still fond of this

America, we stand in ruin,
Our once great nation crumbling all around us.

Now is the time that we must arise, and hold our heads up high.
These are the days when we must stand united.

and then expanding it out to include crumbling roads, increasing food and gas prices.... all the tangible aspects of inflation.

We can no longer afford to feed ourselves, neither clothe nor house ourselves.
Our schools have become institutions of deliberate mis-education,
as our communities collapse from abandon and neglect.

(some more stuff to play w/)

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok, I understand where the heat comes from.

It is a bit edgy, but we are completely justified in using the word.

We are using it properly. Sometimes projects need to be a bit borderline or questionable in order for it to take off. I say we move on and use SlaveUprising.com

It gets attention.

If you are a slave and sick of all this shit, then I hope you will stand and be counted by wearing one.

This is about the quote and getting out bracelets. We need a bigger tent.

I agree. Issue settled. Lets move on.

yongrel
09-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok, y'all have made up your minds. I won't shilly shally any longer.

Good luck with this project.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
By the way, how do we avoid being hit with "Conspiracy To Riot" charges?

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM

I think the way it is will work. There is an underlying implication but it doesn't outright say "stop paying your taxes".

The only directive is "wear a white wristband in support".

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM

I would have a disclaimer on the page stating that we do not advocate violence or illegal activities. We support peaceful activities that demand our freedoms to be restored.

SeanEdwards
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Sean,

The word "Slave" is attention getting.

Possibly for the wrong reasons.

The word "Slave" is accurate.

No, it isn't accurate. When the government can take your children and sell them, or simply kill you while giving you no recourse to a court, then maybe it would be accurate. We are not slaves, yet. We are not completely free either. That's why the term serf is more accurate, as it describes a person who is somewhere between the status of free and slave.

The word "Slave" is simple.

Agreed.

We should go with the word Slave.

I do not agree.

Like I've said before 99% of anyone who would support our effort would not mind the word.

You have no evidence to support that assertion.

And besides, you're missing the point. This is a marketing brainstorming session. We're looking for ideas that expand our market, not ideas that create divisions and controversy and distract from the goal of promoting the concept of individual liberty.

brandon
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
This is fucking awesome.

Great idea.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I think the way it is will work. There is an underlying implication but it doesn't outright say "stop paying your taxes".

The only directive is "wear a white wristband in support".

and send a copy of [this-not yet existent] letter to your congressional reps.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Anyone have suggestions for additional text?

(The issue about the word slave has been settled.)

pauletteNV
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I want to be free!

Born Free, Now a Slave

I find no issue with the word "slave." There might even be those of color who appreciate the recognition of the state of enslavery, as in "misery loves company." Almost because of our history, everyone knows what "slavery" entails and I think it gives greater emphasis to the seizure of our lives, our incomes and our liberties which has taken place. My 2 cents.

ShowMeLiberty
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
The page is looking GREAT!!

Repeating this from the thread where the idea took root...

How about some quotes from Jefferson and Jackson? Here are a few good ones to consider:

"I sincerely believe ... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale." -- Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.

"Scenes are now to take place as will open the eyes of credulity and of insanity itself, to the dangers of a paper medium abandoned to the discretion of avarice and of swindlers." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, 1814 (most appropos Jefferson quote)

"Every discouragement should be thrown in the way of men who undertake to trade without capital." --Thomas Jefferson to Nathaniel Tracy, 1785.

"The incorporation of a bank and the powers assumed have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated." --Thomas Jefferson: Opinion on Bank, 1791.

The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it.
-Andrew Jackson

Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves.'
-Andrew Jackson

[B]You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out.
-Andrew Jackson (personal fave)

It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes.
-Andrew Jackson

I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country.
-Andrew Jackson

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
and send a copy of [this-not yet existent] letter to your congressional reps.

That is an excellent idea.

We need some youtubes!

Aravoth!

constituent
^

i think this one is a necessity

"Scenes are now to take place as will open the eyes of credulity and of insanity itself, to the dangers of a paper medium abandoned to the discretion of avarice and of swindlers." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, 1814 (most appropos Jefferson quote)

SeanEdwards
Anyone have suggestions for additional text?

(The issue about the word slave has been settled.)

Since you've settled any discussion by decree, then what is the point of additional talk?

Isn't it amusing that someone who claims to be a supporter of liberty would be so quick to assert authoritarian control?

Whatever. Good luck with your little project. I'm done.

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Since you've settled any discussion by decree, then what is the point of additional talk?

Isn't it amusing that someone who claims to be a supporter of liberty would be so quick to assert authoritarian control?

b/c menthol patch made you angry?

that makes no sense.

additional domains/re-directs are in the works... you can help by purchasing the domain of your choice and then we'll swap out the domain names in the header, and just cc the rest of the code/other pages.

then you can promote that domain to your contacts/friends

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/joefish69/cartman.jpg

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Updated page a bit. Left it a bit more ambiguous, rather an outright "We are planning a bloody revolution."

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Updated page a bit. Left it a bit more ambiguous, rather an outright "We are planning a bloody revolution."

Yeah let's avoid that quote for the moment. :p

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM

It's not anyones project.

Wear your own white bracelet and call it whatever you please.

Just stand and be counted. Have people ask you why you are wearing a white bracelet everyday.

ShowMeLiberty
Another quick thought - how about the "House of Cards" video?

JoshLowry
b/c menthol patch made you angry?

that makes no sense.

additional domains/re-directs are in the works... you can help by purchasing the domain of your choice and then we'll swap out the domain names in the header, and just cc the rest of the code/other pages.

then you can promote that domain to your contacts/friends

+1

constituent
09-21-2008, 03:55 PM

maybe "It's time to rise." rather than "we might revolt"

it's less threatening and more ambiguous, but pulls no punches.

ShowMeLiberty
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM

I like that. I like it a LOT.

lucius
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
White is the perfect color. What about keeping the band non-descriptive except for a smaller web-address, so you don't have to have explain it to the likes of 'Earl the assistant manager'?

Maybe put this quote on it: "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe" (maybe not, but such sweet irony...)

Get some icons sporting it...marketing like 'happy meals.' (do this)

Great idea...keep running...

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I like that. I like it a LOT.

Agreed, We might Revolt is pushing it a bit too much I think.

pauletteNV
09-21-2008, 03:58 PM
It's not anyones project.

Wear your own white bracelet and call it whatever you please.

Just stand and be counted. Have people ask you why you are wearing a white bracelet everyday.

Even plain white bracelets would do...or why not order another top selection and see which sells best. Sometimes less is more and that is why I suggested wearing white handerchiefs on one's arm or flying white flags from your car as we flew American flags after 911. Make people ask questions. If they assume they know the answer already and form an opinion before even knowing the "whys"...we might not make as much of an impact.

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 03:58 PM
judging by this thread this is one of the better ideas we have had in a while.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Maybe put this quote on it: "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe" (maybe not, but such sweet irony...)

Added and updated.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2hgeds6.png

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Added and updated.

That is perfect! :D

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Added and updated.

a contact congress link at top would be a good addition to, imo. in order to link to a page w/ the letters and the tax code pdf link-up on it.

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Added and updated.

Its time to rise is nice it should be on the bracelet. to bad itstimetorise.com is already taken. But they might sell it, they have no traffic and they look friendly to the cause.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Its time to rise is nice it should be on the bracelet. to bad itstimetorise.com is already taken. But they might sell it, they have no traffic and they look friendly to the cause.

that'd be great.

additionally,

whitebandrebellion and wristbandrebellion are also both avail.

fedup100
09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I have to say I agree with this.

Indentured servants volunteered for their servitude in order to get to come to America where they could remain after they paid off their indenture.

We on the other hand have not volunteered, we have been taken captive, just as the blacks were taken in the days of slavery.

Our servitude as it stands now will never end.

By the way, any talk of revolution now comes under the patriot act as an act of treason.

We need a list of possiblities:

IRS SLAVE

FED SLAVE

AMERIKAN SLAVE

SLAVERY IS BACK!

HANKY"S SLAVE

BERNAKIES SLAVE

The one I prefer because it is true is:

ISRAEL"S SLAVE...............WE need these wrist bands in order to try to wake up the sheeple that we have lost our country, or treasure and our freedom. Please people, what ever you do though, DO NOT let the people know who took their freedom or who should answer for that crime, right Josh?

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Why not something like...

STAND UP.

GET OFF YOUR KNEES.

And then some whoey about being united and all that falderal.

:)

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Ben Shalom Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, is the dedicated Zionist Jew behind the $85 billion taxpayer-funded bailout of Maurice Greenberg's criminal enterprise, A.I.G.

wrong thread.

can we get an off-topic delete?

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Even plain white bracelets would do...or why not order another top selection and see which sells best. Sometimes less is more and that is why I suggested wearing white handerchiefs on one's arm or flying white flags from your car as we flew American flags after 911. Make people ask questions. If they assume they know the answer already and form an opinion before even knowing the "whys"...we might not make as much of an impact.

A logo would do wonders for this, so t-shirts, flags, armbands, hats and shit could look cool.

So who is the designer in this effort? We have clean designers in here or maybe do a design contest on 99designs.

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
In terms of videos...make sure there is that snip of Dr. Paul saying "THE FOUNDERS WOULD BE ASHAMED OF US IF THEY KNEW WHAT WE ARE PUTTING UP WITH"

He said that in Iowa, I think.

That is powerful good stuff, methinks.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
A logo would do wonders for this, so t-shirts, flags, armbands, hats and shit could look cool.

So who is the designer in this effort? We have clean designers in here or maybe do a design contest on 99designs.

imo a white wristband that says "time to rise" would be ideal.

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh, and maybe add Claire's quote...see my sig...

;)

HA!!!!

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
In terms of videos...make sure there is that snip of Dr. Paul saying "THE FOUNDERS WOULD BE ASHAMED OF US IF THEY KNEW WHAT WE ARE PUTTING UP WITH"

He said that in Iowa, I think.

That is powerful good stuff, methinks.

and let it not be said we have done nothing... or whatever the exact quote is

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
and let it not be said we have done nothing... or whatever the exact quote is

Yeah, definitely!

That's in Josh's sig...

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Don't let a couple people who only can remember the last 100 years stop you from using the word SLAVE.. Every COLOR has been a slave at one point in history, just because the most recent is the only one that is talked about doesn't mean every color has not gone through it.

Plus the best way to create BUZZ is to have something catchy that pisses off alot of people and raises debating.

If the word slave freaks out the naacp, jesse jackson or anyone else then by all means let's debate it, talk about WHY we are ALL slaves to this country and if needed talk about the many slaves of MANY races that happened before the last 100 years as well.

Hell why don't we talk more about the American Indians and what we did to them, or the Japanese during the war... We put them in camps but no one cries about that right now.

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
imo a white wristband that says "time to rise" would be ideal.

Whatever I get..wristband, bumpersticker, whatever...

I want it to say two words...

STAND UP.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Something along these lines would be nice imo. I was thinking perhaps a raised fist with a shackle on it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Fist.png

Edit: That image was gigantic.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Something along these lines would be nice imo. I was thinking perhaps a raised fist with a shackle on it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Fist.png

Edit: That image was gigantic.

holding a white handkerchief.

phoenixrising
09-21-2008, 04:25 PM
interesting discussion about slaves...w/valid points on all sides.... ;)

how about serf, drudge or servant????

also, when i read "We agree we are slaves to...." it's almost like i agreed to buy into this BS from the get go...(not) rather than stating it is "what we have become"

we were all born free (& i too want my freedom back!!) ...& stop being forced/coerced to bow down to unconstitutional rulings, declarations, corrupt politicians, laws ad naseum, etc...

so continuing on what has been stated:

We agree that we have now become servants to the income tax, property tax, death tax, and other taxes that the government has imposed on us in order to sustain big government. Illegal taxation in support of our out of control government must end.

We agree that we have now become servants to the private and illegal banking cartel called the Federal Reserve that controls our money supply. This cartel is unconstitutional and therefore criminal. It must be abolished.

We agree that we have now become servants to those in the government that would spend tax payer dollars to bail out private banks and financial institutions. These banks should be allowed to fail and it is unconstitutional for the government to get involved.

We agree that we have now become servants to those that would violate our civil liberties, rights, and freedoms such as those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. The Constitution must be restored in entirety.

We agree that we have now become servants to those politicians who give our tax dollars away via foreign aid. The USA is in massive debt and not a penny should be spent on other nations, and all politicians refusing to uphold their oath need to be removed.

GREAT IDEA btw!!!!!

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Whatever I get..wristband, bumpersticker, whatever...

I want it to say two words...

STAND UP.

I think a clean logo would be needed, setup a cafepress shop or something, get some solid designers working on this project. Clean up the site design so that it will be more user friendly. I have never seen a site that is all black with white ever allow me to sit in front of it for too long. There is a reason there are "Web friendly" colors available during designing.

Why not have a design contest in this forum? Let a few people have a go at the full design. More professional as well so it doesn't look quickly tossed together.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Kinda close to a flag of surrender.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
We agree that we have now become servants to the income tax, property tax, death tax, and other taxes that the government has imposed on us in order to sustain big government. Illegal taxation in support of our out of control government must end.

We agree that we have now become servants to the private and illegal banking cartel called the Federal Reserve that controls our money supply. This cartel is unconstitutional and therefore criminal. It must be abolished.

We agree that we have now become servants to those in the government that would spend tax payer dollars to bail out private banks and financial institutions. These banks should be allowed to fail and it is unconstitutional for the government to get involved.

We agree that we have now become servants to those that would violate our civil liberties, rights, and freedoms such as those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. The Constitution must be restored in entirety.

We agree that we have now become servants to those politicians who give our tax dollars away via foreign aid. The USA is in massive debt and not a penny should be spent on other nations, and all politicians refusing to uphold their oath need to be removed.

GREAT IDEA btw!!!!!

Yes indeed. I would stick w/ estate tax rather than death tax though, it's become hannitized.

excellent work though.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I think a clean logo would be needed, setup a cafepress shop or something,

cafepress is a rip.... something like 90% of proceeds end up at cafepress.

i believe the idea thus far is to setup an actual shop on the rpf server.

i'm finding them for about .30 a pop w/ orders over 1000.... i don't have the money for the initial order, or i'd place it now.

perhaps if someone does they can get in touch w/ josh or via p.m.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
By the way, you can order your white wrist band today if you like.

Go here and select the white wrist band.

http://www.wristbandsnow.com/?g=design

Make it say whatever you want!

Just be wearing white in reference to the quote.

Edit: Nevermind shipping is not free. So it's like 9 bucks.

ClockwiseSpark

Oooo, what about holding the flag but with only the red and white stripes showing?

newyearsrevolution08
Maybe the design should have a hand holding up a paycheck OR 2 hands with one handing over money which could show how we have to give up our hard earned money.

I know there are a ton of designers who have amazing ideas that will blow any of ours away. I can't wait to see those people come out of the shadows.

muzzled dogg
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 04:32 PM
cafepress is a rip.... something like 90% of proceeds end up at cafepress.

i believe the idea thus far is to setup an actual shop on the rpf server.

I don't really care where the proceeds end up. Pricing can be set, they just have a minimum purchase amount is all.

I am fine with an actual shop idea, do we have the printing press and all of that? If so SWEET, just saying cafepress offers ALL types of items and all we would have to provide is the designs.

No extra work needed.

CasualApathy
09-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Added and updated.

It looks very cool. Maybe put a shiny red pitchfork logo on the wristband between "Slave" and "Uprising"

That might look cool.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't really care where the proceeds end up. Pricing can be set, they just have a minimum purchase amount is all.

I am fine with an actual shop idea, do we have the printing press and all of that? If so SWEET, just saying cafepress offers ALL types of items and all we would have to provide is the designs.

No extra work needed.

i certainly understand and it's a possibility. just imo, if we can get them out for a buck plus shipping, it's way better than the three or four bucks cafepress will want (plus shipping.)

dr. hfn
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
this is an awesome idea, I like it alot, it will really hit hard when people visit the site. You should ship free bands to as many people as you can. Hit the message home! Liberty!

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
What about

"SlaveLaborers.com"

amy31416
09-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Dig this idea a lot. I don't think you can go "soft" with phrases like "serf" or "indentured servant" without losing the potential impact of the message.

You guys work fast! Good stuff.

CasualApathy
09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Dig this idea a lot. I don't think you can go "soft" with phrases like "serf" or "indentured servant" without losing the potential impact of the message.

You guys work fast! Good stuff.

Just like the old days...

Lately I am in awe of this forum.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Just like the old days...

Lately I am in awe of this forum.

It is! It's so exciting! :D

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
What about

"SlaveLaborers.com"

awesome, register it.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 04:48 PM
A good page for the site would be answers for when people ask you "What's with the white band?"

Lay it out here if you are eloquent.

constituent
09-21-2008, 04:52 PM
A good page for the site would be answers for when people ask you "What's with the white band?"

The white band is a means by which those who are fed-up with the current state of affairs in this nation can identify one another and unite. The white band signifies the common cause of liberty for all from the tyranny of ....

just a start.

CasualApathy
09-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Oh, I guess I'm out :p

How about the pitchfork idea though? It's a classic symbol of rebellion and it might even convince Pat Buchanan to wear one :D

It is also an attention-grabber and marketing technique says that it is more effective to combine your message with a logo.

ShowMeLiberty
09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Some possible graphics (I'm thinking repeated along the bottom of the page maybe):

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/graphic2.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/graphic4.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/graphic5a.jpg

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Also if someone asks what is with the white wrist band, you can ask in return if they are a taxpayer.

If they respond in the affirmative, you will need to notify them that they are supposed be wearing one as well.

Kotin
09-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm on board with this.

olehounddog
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm in 1000%:)
Like someone said earlier, feels good on the forums again.:D

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I suggest the following to be used to describe the white band...

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the United States government. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity. It stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

How does that sound?

constituent
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
There is a reason there are "Web friendly" colors available during designing.

black and white are no longer considered "web friendly?" when did that happen?

constituent
09-21-2008, 05:13 PM

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the United States government. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity. It stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

that is excellent.

perhaps ...

"as slaves of the United States (or American perhaps) Empire." rather than "United States government."

MsDoodahs
09-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Since about 3 years ago...that's when my eyes REALLY started going. :p

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM

Only black backgrounded websites that I know of are "gamer sites" personally. Do what you want but there is a reason why most sites have a white background and a font color that does not bother the eyes. Keeps people on the site longer.

Just my opinion though. Take it for what it is.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
that is excellent.

perhaps ...

"as slaves of the United States (or American perhaps) Empire." rather than "United States government."

Hmmm..

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM

How does that sound?

What do you think Josh?

constituent
09-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Do what you want but there is a reason why most sites have a white background and a font color that does not bother the eyes. Keeps people on the site longer.

I would agree, but that the promotional item is a white wristband...

i don't think there will be any mega theses or anything posted (yet).

input appreciated though.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I have an even better version....

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the tyranny masquerading as the government of the United States. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity. It stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

Kap
09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I know it's been mentioned in the thread already, but the concept of slave AND having a white band may become synonymous with a "white power" movement. I understand the entire concept your going with (and I think it's FUCKING fantastic btw), but the mainstream media is going to chew this up and spit us out. Let's not give them any ammo to use against us.

Perhaps a better idea would be a motif with the dollar bill. The white symbol is hard to read and I think the important idea would be to equate the dollar bill with inflation. For example, a $1 dollar bill with George Washington in chains

Make the band a visual reminder that the dollar bill itself is worthless.

Random thoughts: we could mail these out with a letter to each citizen why to wear them.

constituent
09-21-2008, 05:31 PM
...but the mainstream media is going to chew this up and spit us out.

i doubt that the mainstream media will take any notice, and if they do it's all the better.

i do like your idea though, you should work on that to cross-link.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
The slavery issue has already been settled.

We are now working on a description of the white band.

Did you read mine?

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Random thoughts: we could mail these out with a letter to each citizen why to wear them.

I like that idea as well.

Sort of like when everyone in London got a V costume to wear that was mailed to them. :)

Kap
i doubt that the mainstream media will take any notice, and if they do it's all the better.

i do like your idea though, you should work on that to cross-link.

The problem is they will just defame the movement and make it synonymous with anarchists. That will lessen the chance anyone wants to wear these. I'd wear it regardless, but I can't say every U.S. citizen would if he or she though they'd be identifying themsevles as an anarchist.

Also, I'm not sure what a cross link is.

ClockwiseSpark
The slavery issue has already been settled.

We are now working on a description of the white band.

Did you read mine?

I liked it, though I agree with the previous suggestion about changing it to American Empire.

Menthol Patch
Here are the two versions. Which one do all of you like best.

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the tyranny masquerading as the government of the United States. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity. It stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

Or

Kap
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I like that idea as well.

Sort of like when everyone in London got a V costume to wear that was mailed to them. :)

Probably exactly where I stole the idea from. The bands are fairly cheap and if we could mass produce them that could only be the start.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 05:36 PM

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the United States Empire. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity. It stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

I like this one with the slight change in wording.

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I do not oppose using the word Empire.

JoshLowry
I like this one with the slight change in wording.

Agreed. Nice wording Menthol!

Kap

Or

Could we add "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happniess?" at the end instead. I know it's overdone, but we need to wake up the masses and remind them the America we have today is not the one the founding fathers wanted.

Kap
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
2nd idea here: If we could get this all of the ground by say November 5th, do we want to do a "National Wear Your White Band" day? Tie it in with a pledge counter on the website to wear them.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
"and the right to live free." relates better to SlaveUprising in my opinion. :)

I was going to wear mine everyday. Although we could have a day to kick it off.

Maybe mail a few out just before November 5th, like the movie.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
You guys have been busy since I left! Nice progress! Its looking awesome

Kap
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
"and the right to live." free relates better to SlaveUprising in my opinion. :)

The "pursuit of happiness" always reminded me of the philosophy behind that movie with Will Smith. Great movie imo.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
I'd like to get a chipin going for the creation of the site.

It would be $100 for the VBulletin license.

Although I may be able to tie the forum into RPF.com, I will need to pay someone to program the site and slice up our mockup into clickable goodness.

Bruno
09-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Although I may be able to tie the forum into RPF.com, I will need to pay someone to program the site and slice up our mockup into clickable goodness.

Great idea.

And regarding the Nov. 5th as a possible day to wear : what about tying it to an event or rally, like at all the state capitals?

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 05:52 PM

I'd need about a week and a half before I could donate to this but I'm down. I tried to get a hold of my coder friend but I've had no luck as of yet.

constituent
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM

rforum is free.

same for eldorado.

if there is enough money for it to pay well, then i can do all the coding.

Kap
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Great idea.

And regarding the Nov. 5th as a possible day to wear : what about tying it to an event or rally, like at all the state capitals?

Or how about when the Federal Reserve was created. December 24, 1913.

Mass protests nationwide would be great too.

I also think we should add in Llepard's direct quote onto the new website from a previous thread. It has to do with Paulson's $700 billion dollar "bailout":

(Sec. 8. Review.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

People tend not to look into the fine print, but I'm glad Llepard did. That's frightening.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
rforum is free.

same for eldorado.

if there is enough money for it to pay well, then i can do all the coding.

Can you pm me work you have done in the past?

VBulletin roxors. I wouldn't use anything else.

CasualApathy
09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
... pitchfork ...

BarryDonegan
09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
id sport one.

olehounddog
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Just got back from Pizza Hut and it was a great trip. Every employee said they wanted an armband or wristband after I told them of this project. Woooohooo!!!
I think this may be what lights the brushfires.:D

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM
What about an image like this but instead of one person with a raised sword it's a bunch of people with raised fists, perhaps one holding the American flag?

http://www.thelooniverse.com/movies/west/saulbass/spartacus/spartacus.jpg

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Just got back from Pizza Hut and it was a great trip. Every employee said they wanted an armband or wristband after I told them of this project. Woooohooo!!!
I think this may be what lights the brushfires.:D

We will need them so cheap we can hand these mofos out like slimjims!

constituent
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM

cheapest i've found is .30 a pop for orders of 1000, if we were looking for 10,000+ we could get them a little bit cheaper. the only issue is purchasing them + shipping materials up front.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM

This site seems like a good start but we'd have to order them in bulk to get the price down and if this really takes off we may have a lot more demand then we anticipate.

.90 cents a piece with an order of 1000.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
cheapest i've found is .30 a pop for orders of 1000, if we were looking for 10,000+ we could get them a little bit cheaper. the only issue is purchasing them + shipping materials up front.

I'm sure we could ship them for the cost of a stamp and an envelope.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM

.30 eh? Nice find, I'll leave that to you then.

So we just need the money. Hmmm...

I'm down for $200 on the 5th.

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM

I was kinda overstating. That is still cheap. Do a "pre-order" double the price or the bracelet and shipping. You could easily sell 500 at a $1.something. Then once the ball is rolling you can cut the price, lower price for bulk and so on. If you cant make the first order in time hit me up Ill help fund it to get it off the ground.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
This site seems like a good start but we'd have to order them in bulk to get the price down and if this really takes off we may have a lot more demand then we anticipate.

.90 cents a piece with an order of 1000.

I think you mean .60

They are embossed just like the RonPaul2008 wrist bands that were going around.

This is the same site that they were printed at.

constituent
09-21-2008, 06:25 PM

close, i'm sure.

larger orders will require different types of packaging. figure a buck and change for shipping on most orders.

probably a round number of two bucks a throw for orders of 1.

it'd be great if we could find a reasonable drop shipper to skip the labor associated w/ packaging/printing/mailing.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 06:26 PM
I think you mean .60

They are embossed just like the RonPaul2008 wrist bands that were going around.

This is the same site that they were printed at.

Looked at the wrong number. :o .60 it is.

Kap
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM

We need a printable copy of the first page on the website with a URL link. That way we can get the message across cheaply and quickly. I'd also recommend some quck, easy to watch videos to show other people (i.e. The Moneymasters video)

Just another though, if we're going to put all this work into it we need to find a way to make the entire website viral.

One thought I had was to create miniversions of the site (minus the forums) and have everyone store them on flash drives for possible reposting. If this thing is going to be as big as I believe it will be shut down fairly quickly and we lose everything. However if everyone had a copy it's going to be more difficult to censor it and easier to make viral.

We could also start faxing these pages out.

Leroy_Jenkems
09-21-2008, 06:34 PM

There are several different types and grades of slavery. We're 50% slaves - we pay nearly half of everything we earn to the government through direct (income, sales, property, etc) and indirect (e.g. inflation) taxes. What do you call it then? Half-free, half-slave? To paraphrase Steven Colbert, 'some people say that your glass is half-empty, others half-full. Be positive - it's half full, but most of that is backwash.'
Using the threat of force, imprisonment, seizure, etc to confiscate the fruits of our labors IS SLAVERY.

"A chief characteristic of slavery is uncompensated labor. Any person not entitled to the entire product of his or her labor is to some extent enslaved. Given this circumstance, there are very few genuinely free working persons in the United States today. While chattel slavery in the United States was abolished by the 13 th Amendment, today’s tax slavery has, in the aggregate, created a nation that in many respects is 'half slave, half free.'" - Michael Rizzo

Josh, Constituent - forge ahead. Looks good as it is.

ItsTime
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
We need a printable copy of the first page on the website with a URL link. That way we can get the message across cheaply and quickly. I'd also recommend some quck, easy to watch videos to show other people (i.e. The Moneymasters video)

Just another though, if we're going to put all this work into it we need to find a way to make the entire website viral.

One thought I had was to create miniversions of the site (minus the forums) and have everyone store them on flash drives for possible reposting. If this thing is going to be as big as I believe it will be shut down fairly quickly and we lose everything. However if everyone had a copy it's going to be more difficult to censor it and easier to make viral.

We could also start faxing these pages out.

Good idea about the print outs. I believe the idea of multi websites was tossed around too.

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 06:36 PM
We need a printable copy of the first page on the website with a URL link. That way we can get the message across cheaply and quickly.

Printable flyer is good.

That would have to be on a white background and black text of course. ;)

constituent
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
One thought I had was to create miniversions of the site (minus the forums) and have everyone store them on flash drives for possible reposting.

Yes please do. If you think of a good domain, buy it. It's too easy to swap the domains out in the header.

Kap
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Money Masters Video Link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

There are some conspiracy ideas in it, but maybe someone with some video/editing software can find and section the creation of the Federal Reserve.

Kap
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes please do. If you think of a good domain, buy it. It's too easy to swap the domains out in the header.

I wish I knew how to do something like that. I know it's possible, but I lack the technical expertise. I will find some videos for the site. I'll save a hard copy of it with Save Tube and upload them. I don't want to use links that can be shutdown from YouTube at any momement.

Oh and we need some directions on the site for new recruits.

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
There are several different types and grades of slavery. We're 50% slaves - we pay nearly half of everything we earn to the government through direct (income, sales, property, etc) and indirect (e.g. inflation) taxes. What do you call it then? Half-free, half-slave? To paraphrase Steven Colbert, 'some people say that your glass is half-empty, others half-full. Be positive - it's half full, but most of that is backwash.'
Using the threat of force, imprisonment, seizure, etc to confiscate the fruits of our labors IS SLAVERY.

"A chief characteristic of slavery is uncompensated labor. Any person not entitled to the entire product of his or her labor is to some extent enslaved. Given this circumstance, there are very few genuinely free working persons in the United States today. While chattel slavery in the United States was abolished by the 13 th Amendment, today’s tax slavery has, in the aggregate, created a nation that in many respects is 'half slave, half free.'" - Michael Rizzo

Josh, Constituent - forge ahead. Looks good as it is.

Why do people insist on trying to explain this to me? I agree, we are wage slaves. No argument from me. Preaching to the choir.

But you're not trying to convince me or other RP supporters. You're trying to convince the rest of America many of whom have knee jerk reactions to lots of words that have various degrees of meaning and will ignore you once you've been dismissed off-hand. And this attitude of "we don't want those kind of people on our side anyway" is going to prevent this movement from growing beyond it's current size.

But hey, doesn't matter. Slavery it is. I wish you the best of luck.

Pete
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the tyranny masquerading as the government of the United States of America. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, regulation favoring oligopoly, oppressive taxation, suppression of civil liberties and property rights, media and elections controlled by special interests, and the continued existence of the unconstitutional Federal Reserve which has since inception stolen over 95% of our monetary wealth with inflation and burdened every citizen with over $30,000 in debt. The color of our band stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

Some ideas for language.

I like the idea of a plain white band with no logo that anyone can make, even though distributing them would be awesome. Maybe the distributed ones could have the website printed unobtrusively.

constituent
09-21-2008, 06:50 PM
But hey, doesn't matter. Slavery it is. I wish you the best of luck.

Now don't go gettin' your boxers in a bunch b/c you disagree w/ folks on semantics.

Just register a different domain, and when the coding is finished swap the SlaveUprising.com domain out for the one you've registered.

it's certainly no reason to walk away altogether.

help is needed writing form letters for congress critters, statement of purpose, background essays, so on and so forth.

Joseph Hart
09-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I will never wear a wristband. This isn't Nazi Germany.

Cowlesy
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I'll wear a wristband, armband and headband if need be (though not in the office).

Gin
09-21-2008, 06:54 PM

How about Slave Uprising on one side and Owned by the Fed on the other?

Kap
09-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Another possible video. The creation of the Federal Reserve on Jekyll Island:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKlz2Z4Nlo&feature=related

Andrew-Austin
09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
So it has been decided the website will be slaveuprising.com yes? Kool I plan to get one.

The government isn't spearheading this project / means of identification, pissed off Americans are. That is a big difference. Its a political statement against the government, I see no problem unless your ferociously "lulz anti-collectivist".

JoshLowry
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM

We're not targeting a religion, we're uniting behind a cause.

Kap

No one said you did. Just pass the message on. The wristband is only one way of showing off the message in public. If you hate the Federal Reserve, Big Goverment, etc then let your voice be heard.

LittleLightShining
I love love love this and am so excited it's taking off!
that'd be great.

additionally,

whitebandrebellion and wristbandrebellion are also both avail.I like whitebandrebellion. It specifies the color of the band and gives it some context.

GREAT IDEA btw!!!!!This is great because Menthol's articulate assessments of the issues now have tangible solutions. Great job, phoenix!

How does that sound?I like this as is. Empire is good, too, but this is better. When we're explaining the bands to people it should be short and to the point. The message will ideally (imo) start with a focus on the economy as this is the point at which ALL of us agree.

I'm sure we could ship them for the cost of a stamp and an envelope.Yep.

constituent
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
So it has been decided the website will be slaveuprising.com yes?

yep.

Kool I plan to get one.

hells-yea.

Kap
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd also add the following:

We wear these armbands/wristbands as a symbol of our lack of representation in Washington. The Republicans and Democrats in Congress are unresponsive to our needs and continue to vote in bigger goverment at our expense.

LittleLightShining
09-21-2008, 07:05 PM
I'd also add the following:

We wear these armbands/wristbands as a symbol of our lack of representation in Washington. The Republicans and Democrats in Congress are unresponsive to our needs and continue to vote in bigger goverment at our expense.
I like this, too!

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Slaves not Servants.

LibertyInJeopardy
09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Serf Uprising (or Slave, the implication is what's important)

serf /sɜrf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[surf] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person in a condition of servitude, required to render services to a lord, commonly attached to the lord's land and transferred with it from one owner to another.
2. a slave.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/serfdom

___

I would love to participate in this. I recommend a person in each county of every state volunteer to receive a bulk order of wrist bands to be distributed at a meeting in a central location of their county, to be further distributed in each city of a county by local merchants of patriotic incline provided the individual wearer pay a set fee or offer at least some donated part of said fee, so that the wrist bands can not only serve a larger national event but they can put patriots in greater contact with others in their own local community. Then, at a certain point after this initial roll out or simultaneously, enable the bands to be ordered online directly by interested patriots, perhaps with their own custom message but with a unifying color and make.

Gin
09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Back on the purchasing of the bracelets.....

If you have a business license or a non-profit license you could probably by in bulk cheaper... not sure tho with the company you are using... any business or non-profit would do.. don't need to make one unless you wanted to...

Just a thought

angelatc
09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Synonym Collection v1.1
Main Entry: slave
Part of Speech: noun
Synonyms: bondman, bond servant, bondslave, captive, chattel, drudge, helot, mameluke, odalisk, odalisque, serf, servant, thrall, vassal
Synonym Collection v1.1
Copyright © 2008 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC.

I gotta admit that "odalisqueuprising" just isn't as stirring. And "Serfs Uprising" is too silly.

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Synonym Collection v1.1
Main Entry: slave
Part of Speech: noun
Synonyms: bondman, bond servant, bondslave, captive, chattel, drudge, helot, mameluke, odalisk, odalisque, serf, servant, thrall, vassal
Synonym Collection v1.1
Copyright © 2008 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC.

I gotta admit that "odalisqueuprising" just isn't as stirring. And "Serfs Uprising" is too silly.

Agreed. We don't want people to have to break out a dictionary to understand what the hell we're talking about and unfortunately I doubt many people would understand even the word "serf".

LibertyInJeopardy
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
By the way, I would strongly urge that a major national event be more localized to the individual state level, such as marching at state's capitals, but be nationally unified by a date and a time.

idiom
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
First up, make sure the wristband doesn't discolour your skin.

Read up on communists in Shanghai to see why...

also, I am more in favour of a campaign of ourtright graffiti, with slogans like

"Property of China"
"Property of the Federal Reserve"
"Ron Paul Can Save Us"
"Ask Ron Paul"

etc.

I mean we need to create serious unrest in a hurry, not just create something unobtrusive to keep us busy.

LittleLightShining
09-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Good points. Where are these bracelets made?

ClockwiseSpark
09-21-2008, 07:34 PM

also, I am more in favour of a campaign of ourtright graffiti, with slogans like

"Property of China"
"Property of the Federal Reserve"
"Ron Paul Can Save Us"
"Ask Ron Paul"

etc.

I mean we need to create serious unrest in a hurry, not just create something unobtrusive to keep us busy.

We are not there yet, imo. Still too few of us but this could really change that. :D