PDA

View Full Version : SO this is the GUY who beat RP in IOWA?? No one showed up!! The FIX was in !!

Falseflagop
09-05-2007, 06:18 AM
THis speaks volumes as it proves RP was railroad in IOWA and shows RP is polling way way higher than we even think and without the corruption he would be all over the corrupt media!! Any way good luck Dr. Paul we are still fighting harder than ever!

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070904/480/5ca0cf5624ad4cb59c18a7e2ebe0f469

A picture tells a 1,000 words!

paulaholic
09-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Hahahahahaha, poor schmuck.

Johnnybags
09-05-2007, 06:38 AM
even if Rudy has to pay his freight, like McCain. Less time to fight Ron and look like an idiot.

10thAmendmentMan
09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
In New Hampshire the, "Hey, I'm a Christian so I'd be the best president," line doesn't work quite as well as in Iowa.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Brownback campaigned in Iowa. Dr. Paul did not, except for a few days.

Dr. Paul needs to get himself to New Hampshire too and not wait until the last minute. We also probably need a huge grassroots effort to handout campaign literature very soon.

We seem to be waiting for the last minute for everything, just hoping it will all be ok.

james1844
09-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Liberty,

I hear you. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Paul myself, but I think the Congressman could have put more time into both Iowa and Texas. If he put anywhere near the time that Brownback and Hunter did, he'd totally dominate those states.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I think part of is that he's still trying to be a congressman as well as a candidate. This is fundamentally flawed. Most people have problems when they try to wear too many hats.

Best,

James

Green Mountain Boy
09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Dr. Paul needs to get himself to New Hampshire too and not wait until the last minute. We also probably need a huge grassroots effort to handout campaign literature very soon.

We seem to be waiting for the last minute for everything, just hoping it will all be ok.

Yeah, I'm worried Dr. Paul is not spending enough time in New Hampshire. He has only spent 8 days there so far and the next NH event on his calender is not until the 29th!

Here's the breakdown so far of time spend in NH. It's a poor showing if you ask me.

Rep. Hunter: 9 visits, 17 days
Gov. Huckabee: 7 visits, 17 days
Gov. Romney: 13 visits, 16 days
Mayor Giuliani: 10 visits, 15 days
Sen. McCain: 7 visits, 14 days
Rep. Tancredo: 7 visits, 12 days
Rep. Paul: 4 visits, 8 days
Sen. Brownback: 3 visits, 4 days
Sen. F. Thompson: 1 visit, 1 day
Rep. Gingrich: 1 visit, 1 day

Omnis
09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Paying for buses from all over the state made the difference, remember?

beermotor
09-05-2007, 07:27 AM
dudes, you are forgetting the fact that Paul is running a national campaign... and, further, the campaign is not, and never was, about getting elected to President. It was, and is, about waking up as many people, in as many places, as possible. NH is already relatively liberty-friendly, many other places are not. He's doing a fine job. He knows what the mission is, he knows what is at stake. People need to start thinking long-term, strategically, rather than being so narrowly focused on short term stuff that, ultimately, means very little.

Slugg
09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Are we sure this isn't a picture like the Iowa Romney/Paul picture? Where they made Romney's crown look huge and Paul's crowd look tiny? I hate to be a nay-sayer, but that CAN'T be the actual event. That's got to be a warm up or mic test or something.

Omnis
09-05-2007, 07:37 AM
dudes, you are forgetting the fact that Paul is running a national campaign... and, further, the campaign is not, and never was, about getting elected to President.

What? Did you seriously just say that? Of course it's about getting elected President! You think another one of these asshats running for office would actually listen to the people and heed congress? Nope. If Ron Paul doesn't get in, expect the same level of tyranny usurped by G.W. Bush.

quickmike
09-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey, im sure theres a perfectly good explanation why so few people were in the Brownback picture in NH. Probably what happend was 90% of the people there got so excited, they passed out after succumbing to what they call in the inner circles as "Brownback Fever" and were brought to Red Cross tents set up outside. They have these tents everywhere Brownback speaks because of the powerful message and excited patriotism he stirs up in people. I like to compare it to the 100s of teenage girls that would pass out when the Beatles first came to america during the "British Invasion"

Like I said, perfectly good explanation.:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
09-05-2007, 07:42 AM
dudes, you are forgetting the fact that Paul is running a national campaign... and, further, the campaign is not, and never was, about getting elected to President. It was, and is, about waking up as many people, in as many places, as possible. NH is already relatively liberty-friendly, many other places are not. He's doing a fine job. He knows what the mission is, he knows what is at stake. People need to start thinking long-term, strategically, rather than being so narrowly focused on short term stuff that, ultimately, means very little.

I think that was the plan at the beginning, but when they realized how much support there really was, the plan changed. He DOES have a chance to win, but he's GOT to get out there. I am SO glad they hired Anita, that consultant, to go around and work with the Meetup groups. But, she's only one person. How many Meetup groups can she meet with in just a month or so? I say a month, because the Meetup groups have to have enough time to ACT on her suggestions BEFORE the primaries.

I guess I just wish we'd have a few upcoming weekends planned where all RP supporters in surrounding states would come together and just invade New Hampshire, going door-to-door handing out campaign literature. Then, go do the same thing in South Carolina. The very same thing should also be going on in Iowa. Why isn't it? What the hell are we waiting for?

There's going to be a day really soon, where we're going to be saying... if only we had more time!!!.... well, the TIME IS NOW. If we don't get out there and do it NOW, we are going to lose!!!

We know what we have to do. The question is, are we willing to do it? It's going to take much more than sign-wavings. We have to get real literature into real people's hands. Do we want this, or don't we?!!

Original_Intent
09-05-2007, 08:13 AM
I think part of the reason for the last minute Iowa invasion and not spending months in a place is Dr. Paul is trying to get maximum bang for his buck. i.e. in one week he can convince 9%, in two weeks 12%, 3 weeks 15%, etc i.e. diminishing returns for each additional week. It was clear no one was going to beat Mitt "buy the vote" Romney so the goal became to have a strong showing without over-investing time or money. This is just my thought process, maybe the campaign is doing what they are doing for different reasons. No question that this is any longer a "message" campaign. Still a longshot, but I agree with LE, Ron Paul is now in it to win it.

R_Harris
09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
"in as many places, as possible. NH is already relatively liberty-friendly, many other places are not. He's doing a fine job."

So is that why he is only polling 3% in NH?

Look, if RP is not running to WIN and is only looking to "educate" people, then everything everyone is doing is a colossal waste of time, money and energy.

Besides, what exactly are the stated outcomes of the "education"? Get people to start THINKING about liberty, the Fed, the Constitution? To get them so fired up that millions will take to the streets of Washington demanding immediate abolishment of the Fed, the IRS, and implementation of the gold standard?

Oh please. If you really think that is all going to happen in 1 year or less, I have some land in Florida I would like to speak with you about.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT. We don't have time for long term objectives - any sort of strategic plan for "education" should have been launched 20 years ago. (Sort of like Social Security and Medicare reform plans - while I am sympathetic toward HSAs and IRAs, the time to have implemented them was 20 years ago, when we still had time - now there is no time for a "painless" transition. Benefit cuts and/or tax increases have to now be factored in with any transition plan.)

If the campaign doesn't think and act with a sense of urgency every day, then this effort is doomed.

max
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm worried Dr. Paul is not spending enough time in New Hampshire. He has only spent 8 days there so far and the next NH event on his calender is not until the 29th!

Here's the breakdown so far of time spend in NH. It's a poor showing if you ask me.

WTF!...This is the same shit that happened in Iowa!

His advisors make me wonder sometimes...4 visists to Romney's 13 is unacceptable!

Slugg
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM
If the campaign doesn't think and act with a sense of urgency every day, then this effort is doomed.

I agree, but American's really aren't ready to think about the election just yet. That's the idea behind a dark horse campaign. There's a guy I work with who HATES the FED and HATES Fractional Reserve Banking. He HATES government waste and the Iraq war. He's PRIME for Ron Paul. But, he refuses to look into any candidate until November. He says, "There just wasting their time right now [in reference to the 'top tier' guys]. I'll pick from the one's who make it past November." He says he has 'hope' to get rid of those things, but feels his attempt to help right now if futile. He goes on to say, "What's my $500 dollars going to buy that can help him? [in reference to donating to the campaign]" He's already said, "Based on what you've told me, I plan to vote for Ron Paul. But I want to investigate more when it's closer." I don't want to push him too much (and drive him away). So, I sit back and about once a week or so I mention "Ron Paul won another straw poll. He's looking really good." Then drift off to another subject.

I'm not a political scientist, so I'm not sure how exactly a national campaign should be run. But, we'll see. I think he's going to surprise many people. I am donating every dime I can, telling everyone I know to donate, and spreading the word best I can. That's all I can do right now.

I pray it's enough.

SJohnsson
09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree, but American's really aren't ready to think about the election just yet. That's the idea behind a dark horse campaign. There's a guy I work with who HATES the FED and HATES Fractional Reserve Banking. He HATES government waste and the Iraq war. He's PRIME for Ron Paul. But, he refuses to look into any candidate until November. He says, "There just wasting their time right now [in reference to the 'top tier' guys]. I'll pick from the one's who make it past November." He says he has 'hope' to get rid of those things, but feels his attempt to help right now if futile. He goes on to say, "What's my $500 dollars going to buy that can help him? [in reference to donating to the campaign]" He's already said, "Based on what you've told me, I plan to vote for Ron Paul. But I want to investigate more when it's closer." I don't want to push him too much (and drive him away). So, I sit back and about once a week or so I mention "Ron Paul won another straw poll. He's looking really good." Then drift off to another subject.

I'm not a political scientist, so I'm not sure how exactly a national campaign should be run. But, we'll see. I think he's going to surprise many people. I am donating every dime I can, telling everyone I know to donate, and spreading the word best I can. That's all I can do right now.

I pray it's enough.

That's the real idea here. what's happening right now is all pure name recognition. Nobody, save for the few political junkies, has any idea WHO the candidates are (even the top-tier) and WHAT the issues are. We need to realize that Ron Paul is waiting for the last 2 months to springboard with all the money he has saved, and support he has garnered to blow past the competition. Spending too much money now would be a waste.

klamath
09-05-2007, 10:23 AM

This is not good. I understand about national campaigns but RP has to have his boots on the ground in NH. Unlike other lower tier candidates RP has a huge national meetup army that can be working the ground in other states. If he wins in NH he can move into the other states with energized armies in place. If he loses in NH that army will be like Picketts men on their retreat from Gettysburg, a tattered defeated group that was minutes earlier a proud valiant division.
It is up to RP to succure that NH victory. The way these number look we might see a Huckabee win.

Avalon
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I disagree. I wish he'd spend less time in NH, not more. If he can't win NH without considerable investment of time and money, then there's no way he can win enough delegates in other states. Yes, he absolutely needs to win NH, but he doesn't need a landslide and he needs other states with which he's going to have trouble. Add to the fact that he's a senior congressman who takes his job seriously and will have a campaign to retain his own seat...his time is precious and must be spent with considerable care.

Syren123
09-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Ron Paul is in New Hampshire right now if that's any consolation.

hard@work
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM

That completely changed around June I think? Nobody knew the internet would spread the message and we could circumvent corporate donation. This is our one shot and RP knows it, he's going for the win.

Syren123
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
dudes, you are forgetting the fact that Paul is running a national campaign... and, further, the campaign is not, and never was, about getting elected to President.

I don't know what campaign you're talking about, but the Ron Paul 2008 one is about GETTING ELECTED PRESIDENT! Make no mistake about that. You're sounding like Hugh Hewitt and those other shills out to marginalize Dr Paul, the campaign, and the effect it's having on the country.

I know that every single person in my meetup groups who is putting in massive amounts of time and their own money is not doing this to make a point. Everything we do is to help Ron Paul get elected and nothing less. Whatever happens after the election is 'blowback' but the election is the goal.

Bryan
09-05-2007, 11:47 AM

I'd be interested in seeing this chart for all states, Dr. Paul is receiving criticism for not spending enough time in Iowa, Texas and NH- is he campaigning less or just spreading his time out? If Hunter spent 17 days in NH and about 14 in Texas then wouldn't he be ignoring a lot of other states? There just aren't that many days to give everyone a lot.

Nash
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I am hoping that by the end of the campaign he will have logged more time in NH than any other candidate. I realize he's running a national campaign but IMO it all comes down the New Hampshire. He must win that state. If he cannot win in NH then I don't think he can win anywhere else and if he does win NH then he becomes instantly credible (or a threat) in the eyes of the MSM and the typical primary voter.

Remember that Buchanan was only polling 6% before winning NH in 1992. Following his victory he shot up to 21%. That's an enormous overnight gain. Thus, winning this early state is worth 15% in a MSM poll, that's the biggest boost this campaign could get. It would overshadow anything else we've done up to this point.

Every single person who claims "I'd vote for Ron Paul but he can't win" will stop saying that crap if he wins in NH and proceed to actually vote for him.

As far as I'm concerned this campaign is all about NH or bust. I expect a poor showing in IA and a mediocre showing in SC, be he still has plenty of time to seriously campaign there but a poor showing in that state is unacceptable. If he wins NH then I think he can win Nevada and with that momentum I think Super Tuesday suddenly becomes completely winnable.

Paulitician
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Indeed. Do you guys realize that not too many people even know who Ron Paul is, much less his stand on the issues? I think people are taking for granted that he'll come in first, but what evidence do you have that such is so? If he doesn't and can't win NH, how's he going to win other states? How's he going to get the exposure nation-wide by merely coming in first in straw polls consisting of 200 people, and getting 3rd or worse in bigger straw polls?