PDA

View Full Version : New York Times: President Paul of Michigan?

rational thinker
09-21-2008, 02:28 AM
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Op_Ed_NYTimes_President_Paul_of_Michigan

american.swan
09-21-2008, 02:51 AM
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Op_Ed_NYTimes_President_Paul_of_Michigan

That brings a SMILE. AWESOME!!!! Ron Paul would win that district.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-21-2008, 02:58 AM
It's like Paulville already exists.

Malakai
09-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Just hope everyone keeps the ron paul movement in their minds over the next 4 years of economic hell. Whoever we run in 2012 may have a real chance.

angelatc
09-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Having recently moved from Illinois to Michigan, I can honestly vouch for what she is saying. We were amazed at how many Ron Paul signs were still up, despite the fact that the primaries were long over.

Michigan is indeed a Ron Paul stronghold.

Kludge
09-21-2008, 08:32 AM
"on a misty Sunday not long ago, I drove 30 miles northwest to Howell, a town that is still trying to live down its reputation as the former home of a Ku Klux Klan grand dragon."

:rolleyes:

Bruno
09-21-2008, 08:36 AM
"on a misty Sunday not long ago, I drove 30 miles northwest to Howell, a town that is still trying to live down its reputation as the former home of a Ku Klux Klan grand dragon."

Yes, they really did focus on that aspect. The implication is Paul has a lot of supporters where biggots live.

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Is that how they explain the city where jeffrey dahmer or charles manson lived? or other SINGLE people as well? lol come on people...

crusader
09-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Fuck this article.

The article is basically building the town for racist, evil people, and then claiming ron paul is king.

Maybe they should do one next that goes along the same lines as:

"Planet earth was where a man named Adolph Hitler used to live. McCain and Obama both live on planet earth..."

GTMomma
09-21-2008, 09:40 AM

Exactly! This is not an article I'd send around to people. Those that think Ron Paul is racist or associates with racists will be all over it. :mad:

JRegs85
09-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Absolute nonsense. Nobody thinks or cares about a KKK leader in Howell from over thirty years ago. That McVeigh comment is a stretch too. This article is trash, trying to make RP 'culture' the same as racist, radical culture.

Matt Collins
09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Fuck this article.

The article is basically building the town for racist, evil people, and then claiming ron paul is king.Yeah, a subtle hit piece.