PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, UK going crazy!

DjLoTi
09-05-2007, 05:55 AM
"The entire UK population and every visitor to the country should be on the national DNA database, a top judge has said. Lord Justice Sedley told BBC News: "Where we are at the moment is indefensible."

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2931879.ece

I wanted to go to the UK, but if they're going to have a DNA database ready to store my info... forget that!

Brasil Branco
09-05-2007, 06:01 AM
I doubt they'll have anything like that... I mean, they've been saying stuff about National ID cards for years, and so far- nothing has showed.

However, the UK is most likely the closest thing to a Police state in a develloped country in existence, so you might be a bit uncomfortable. There are rules and regulations for everything and anything, high taxes, and a massive welfare state which has a large group of the population leaching off the government.

It's pretty depressing... it's a depressing country in general, but the people there are nice.

DjLoTi
09-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah I got friends in the UK so I really want to go next summer when I do my 2nd Euro tour.

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
This is pretty creepy stuff. I used to dream about moving to the UK myself, but not after what I've been reading lately. In London, they have surveillance cameras on every single street corner, and with Gordon Brown coming in as PM, it's going to get a worse before it gets better.

nexalacer
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah, Gordon Brown is gonna make it worse, especially considering he entered the position WITHOUT an election after 10 years of the previous PM... fucking unreal in a democratic nation... they must be more enthralled with the tube than Americans to allow something like this.

MadEmperor
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Gordon Brown is gonna make it worse, especially considering he entered the position WITHOUT an election after 10 years of the previous PM... fucking unreal in a democratic nation... they must be more enthralled with the tube than Americans to allow something like this.

Don't threaten the tube! I love the tube, and I'll defend it to the death. The tube entertains me, educates me, socializes me, and culturizes me.