PDA

View Full Version : If the primaries were now...

Zera
09-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Ron Paul would most likely be the GOP candidate.

habeeb it

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Perhaps. I still have a hard time believing the war obsessed neo-cons in the leadership and rank and file wouldn't find some way to stonewall him. I think if were having the primaries now, we would see Ron Paul winning several states and maybe being convinced to run third party. Sometimes I imagine he ultimately decided against it because the money bombs started drying up and he never was able to win a state (though Louisiana rightfully should've belonged to us).

crackyflipside
09-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Ron Paul would most likely be the GOP candidate.

habeeb it

No; the other candidates will be talking like Ron Paul, without any intention of following through, just like they were towards the end of the primary.

habeeb it...

Zera
09-20-2008, 08:08 PM
No; the other candidates will be talking like Ron Paul, without any intention of following through, just like they were towards the end of the primary.

habeeb it...

I have a hard time imagining someone like Huckabee would have even heard of Austrian economics.

Pete
09-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I think RP's ideas are still catching on much too slowly. A couple years of C4L, though, and I'll bet we have a bunch of people in Congress, and maybe RP in the Senate, and who knows for 2012?

It is very gratifying to see RP's opinion being sought and treated with respect. He is the most visible of all the GOP candidates, except McCain, and one of the most well-known people in Congress right now. He is doing great. :)