PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone?

SeanEdwards
09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Watching the events of this past week, I feel like cashing everything out, turning it into precious metals and ammunition and going to ground.

Anyone else feeling like that?

It's funny, because the mass media are trying to do everything they can to quell panic, but everytime they talk about Congress stepping in with a plan, and disaster being averted, I just get more and more frightened. I mean, if I fucking wanted to live in Zimbabwe, I'd get on a plane and go there. I don't need that shit imported over here.

It's like being a passenger on the titanic, and some dipshit is saying "remain calm, there's enough lifeboats for everyone!" Fuck that...

CasualApathy
09-20-2008, 06:20 PM
-better do it quick before all that cash starts circulating.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Watching the events of this past week, I feel like cashing everything out, turning it into precious metals and ammunition and going to ground.

It's funny, because the mass media are trying to do everything they can to quell panic, but everytime they talk about Congress stepping in with a plan, and disaster being averted, I just get more and more frightened. I mean, if I fucking wanted to live in Zimbabwe, I'd get on a plane and go there. I don't need that shit imported over here.

It's like being a passenger on the titanic, and some dipshit is saying "remain calm, there's enough lifeboats for everyone!" Fuck that...

I haven't prepared. So if something were to happen, damn, guess I'd just have to weather it. If not, then great, I saved alot of money! :D we'll see.

SeanEdwards
09-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I feel like turning everything into gold, hiding it, then sending a photocopy of my ass as my income tax filing.

ShowMeLiberty
09-20-2008, 06:25 PM
You are not alone. I've started preparing because it's hard to see anything but a very unpleasant outcome anymore. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" is the only reasonable reaction now.

Razmear
09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
No your not alone, and I think it's time to start harassing any congress member who is behind this scheme to make Paulson and Bernake our new landlords.
The Treasury is about to get absolute power to seize any asset it deems needed to stabilize the economy, and to be exempt from any legal action to stop it.
The entire house is up for election in about 40 days, it's time to scare the shit out of them if they indicate they will support this.

eb

BeFranklin
09-20-2008, 06:30 PM
but everytime they talk about Congress stepping in with a plan, and disaster being averted, I just get more and more frightened. .

Lol, that is suppose to be how you feel :D I've felt that way for 20 years :)

Does it make any sense at all to ask the people that broke something to fiddle around with it more to make it work? After a car shop ruins your engine, do you really say, oh, thats ok, try again, maybe you'll have better luck next time.

NO! You take it to someone else. It is lunacy to get the same people who caused the problem to fix it! They will make it worse.

Orgoonian
09-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Lately,i've been tossing around the idea of moving back to Thailand,and living out my final years in a drunken,stoned debauch:p

BeFranklin
09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
No your not alone, and I think it's time to start harassing any congress member who is behind this scheme to make Paulson and Bernake our new landlords.
The Treasury is about to get absolute power to seize any asset it deems needed to stabilize the economy, and to be exempt from any legal action to stop it.
The entire house is up for election in about 40 days, it's time to scare the shit out of them if they indicate they will support this.

eb

I'm for it. I'm going to start calling in tomorrow. I'm going to check the newspapers to see when the "special sessions" they are having are suppose to be too.

Kludge
09-20-2008, 06:36 PM
My friend might be up to some emo hunting with me later....

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/p90.jpghttp://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/longstar666/scarysiz.jpg

JosephTheLibertarian
09-20-2008, 06:37 PM
My friend might be up to some emo hunting with me later....

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/longstar666/scarysiz.jpg

BLAM!!!

they're pretty :D

Dorfsmith
09-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I bought another gun today. I needed a small game rifle so I bought a Ruger 22 and a ton of ammo.

kathy88
09-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I feel like turning everything into gold, hiding it, then sending a photocopy of my ass as my income tax filing.

lmfao

+1776

lucius
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM

No, don't feel like the lone ranger.

LittleLightShining
09-21-2008, 09:46 AM

It's like being a passenger on the titanic, and some dipshit is saying "remain calm, there's enough lifeboats for everyone!" Fuck that...You're not alone. I feel the same way. I just spent the night at my little off the grid getaway and on the way home heard the news about foreign bailouts. It was so nice and peaceful there... Having coffee with the birds this morning I thought that I might be back there sooner than I realize.