PDA

View Full Version : Should RP step in to save the debate on this economic collapse?

cska80
09-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I think right now is the time that Ron Paul should stop fucking around with interviews and such, put his money where is mouth is (no pun intended), and get back into the race as a third party candidate. Enough is enough. We need a chioce and now with this economic crisis, he can get enough attention to get the blame on the Fed where it is well deserved.

Cinderella
09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
its too late for that...

cska80
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't know about you, but everywhere I've gone for the past month and especially the past two weeks all that has been talked about is this shit. People are now talking about the fed in freakin' gas stations and convenient stores. Even my mom called me up and asked me what the hell is going on. There is so much distress and anger out there at this very moment and coming out now would be huge.

Cavuto - "So you're announcing here today you're running now as an independent for President? Why now?"

RP - "Because the government is lying to the American people about our economy and the people know it. I was right all along and we need truthtellers and leaders in Washington!"

Yeah. That's how it'd go in my head.

powerofreason
09-20-2008, 02:00 PM
get

over

it

not

happening

JohnMeridith
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
We are along for the ride until the majority (ignorant+idiots) of our fellow citizens demand a better government. We have the government we deserve(as a whole).

I don't know where I read this before but "Citizenship is not a spectator sport"

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
It was a mistake not to run third party, but it'll never happen now. Though it would be nice to see Ron Paul get a few electoral votes if McCain gets totally crushed (maybe some of the electors from states he does win would defect and vote their heart).

ronpaulfollower999
09-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I would love to see it happen, but its too late in the race.

slacker921
09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
There is ZERO chance he could get on the ballot in NC and I'm sure other states are the same way.

Mahkato
09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
In my mind my first thought is, "YES YES YES! I want to be able to vote for Ron Paul!!" But he can't do it (it's probably too late) and he really shouldn't do it either. He's said all along that he'd never run as a 3rd party candidate. Can you imagine all the crap he'd get for going back on his word? Plus... wouldn't he have to give up his congressional seat in Texas since he won it as a Republican?

This is not Jonathan btw.... it's his wife, "luaPnoR". I'm too lazy to log out and log back in as me. I'm listening to Marianne Stebbins talk about the C4L at the "Taft Reunion" in MN!! She rocks! :)

nate895
09-20-2008, 04:42 PM
In my mind my first thought is, "YES YES YES! I want to be able to vote for Ron Paul!!" But he can't do it (it's probably too late) and he really shouldn't do it either. He's said all along that he'd never run as a 3rd party candidate. Can you imagine all the crap he'd get for going back on his word? Plus... wouldn't he have to give up his congressional seat in Texas since he won it as a Republican?

This is not Jonathan btw.... it's his wife, "luaPnoR". I'm too lazy to log out and log back in as me. I'm listening to Marianne Stebbins talk about the C4L at the "Taft Reunion" in MN!! She rocks! :)

He won't have to lose his seat. Nothing but him losing to a Libertarian stands between him and 2 more years in Congress, the D's didn't put up anyone.

If he wanted to run third party, Bob Barr would have to step aside and the LP would direct their slate of electors to vote for Ron Paul should they win their state (therefore a vote for Barr=a vote for Paul).

Gin
09-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I think right now is the time that Ron Paul should stop fucking around with interviews and such, put his money where is mouth is (no pun intended), and get back into the race as a third party candidate. Enough is enough. We need a chioce and now with this economic crisis, he can get enough attention to get the blame on the Fed where it is well deserved.

He will be... vote for Chuck Baldwin and he will be right there as one of Chuck's right hand men...Secretary of the Treasury and still remain loyal to his constituents and his seniority in the House will remain entact..

UnReconstructed
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I want this shit to crash