PDA

View Full Version : Need help scripting Ron Paul/Goldwater TV advertisement

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Just got back from our statewide meeting on the Ron Paul/Goldwater ticket in Louisiana.
Meeting was awesome, and we got more done than just this presidential ticket.

What we need is help in scripting out one 60 second commercial, and possibly links to Paul or Goldwater footage to use in the commercial.

Any and all help is appreciated.

We plan to play the hell out of this commercial statewide over the next 4 weeks.

A central idea I think the commercial should state is something like...
"make your voice heard with your vote"
or something like that...
"make a meaningful statement...." etc.

The idea is to combat the wasted vote syndrome with the idea that the vote itself is a meaningful voice, and that the ticket itself represents our voice.

but of course, we are open to all ideas.

Sandra
09-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I want to see Goldwater look squarely and sternly into the TV camera and say, "McCain sucks."

brandon
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I want to see Goldwater look squarely and sternly into the TV camera and say, "McCain sucks."

He endorsed McCain

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:04 PM

we may have to settle for video footage of goldwater, and a voice over say "mccain sucks". ;)

The meeting was awesome. People want me to bring the presentation to their local areas.
They have a better understanding of the precinct leadership program and how it works... and how it will make us powerful.

jake
09-20-2008, 01:04 PM
it's time to stand up for our beliefs as Americans, that our government should be for the people - a constitutional government, running on a policy of low taxes, free markets, and a strong national defence!

Vote Paul/Goldwater

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
it's time to stand up for our beliefs as Americans, that our government should be for the people - a constitutional government, running on a policy of low taxes, free markets, and a strong national defence!

Vote Paul/Goldwater

any ideas on background images and video footage to use with the above script?

Kotin
09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5DfW6oGZZA

great video of Barry Goldwater Jr. calling out Fox News and defending Ron Paul and his principles.

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:08 PM

great video of Barry Goldwater Jr. calling out Fox News and defending Ron Paul and his principles.

how can we get hi-res and no logo footage?
Didn't goldwater do an endorsement video for ron paul?
where would i find that now?

jake
09-20-2008, 01:09 PM
it's time to stand up for our beliefs as Americans *show images of smiling people, be sure to include varied gender, age and ethnic background

that our government should be for the people - a constitutional government, *image of the constitution

running on a policy of low taxes, * images of cash/coinage
free markets, * images of business, probably one small/one large (IE: a small town bakery, and a large factory building machinery)
and a strong national defence! (show image of troops IN AMERICA, IE: The National Guard, end strong with a tight shot of a brave looking, proud soldier's face)

Vote Paul/Goldwater * image of Ron Paul, image of Barry Goldwater Jr.

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:10 PM
it's time to stand up for our beliefs as Americans *show images of smiling people, be sure to include varied gender, age and ethnic background

that our government should be for the people - a constitutional government, *image of the constitution

running on a policy of low taxes, * images of cash/coinage
free markets, * images of business, probably one small/one large (IE: a small town bakery, and a large factory building machinery)
and a strong national defence! (show image of troops IN AMERICA, IE: The National Guard, end strong with a tight shot of a brave looking, proud soldier's face)

Vote Paul/Goldwater * image of Ron Paul, image of Barry Goldwater Jr.

awesome!, i guess we can use stills for the ron paul and goldwater images.
suggestions on good still photos to use?

Kludge
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
And THEN... You cut to the movie with Amit Singh and Paul when Paul says "Tex Mexssst!?!!?"

Then you do some cool LSD graphics on the video but kill the sound, instead playing Apache's "Apache ain't shit?"

"Kill de white people!
Whoahh
We gonna make dem hurt
Kill de white people!
Whoahh
But buy my record first
Hahaha.."

Idunno, put the Quaker Oats guy on after that.

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:14 PM
And THEN... You cut to the movie with Amit Singh and Paul when Paul says "Tex Mexssst!?!!?"

Then you do some cool LSD graphics on the video but kill the sound, instead playing Apache's "Apache ain't shit?"

"Kill de white people!
Whoahh
We gonna make dem hurt
Kill de white people!
Whoahh
But buy my record first
Hahaha.."

Idunno, put the Quaker Oats guy on after that.

Looks like a good ad to run in the 9th ward.

jake
09-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I am not sure, I guess you have the whole issue of fair use, you need non-copyrighted images.. I'm not sure where you could get access to them. there must be some good sources for stock footage to produce these types of commercials.. anyone?

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:20 PM
I am not sure, I guess you have the whole issue of fair use, you need non-copyrighted images.. I'm not sure where you could get access to them. there must be some good sources for stock footage to produce these types of commercials.. anyone?

i'm looking through some photos i captured of Paul.
Where did heath get the photos he used on the lataxpayers.com website?

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:21 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2873514426_d2c8b2254f_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2872684761_f0455353a5_o.jpg

Kotin
09-20-2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns&feature=related

goldwater jr endorses Ron Paul

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns&feature=related

goldwater jr endorses Ron Paul

perfect, and they have a high quality version too.

Matt Collins
09-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I would buy talk radio commercials on conservative talk stations. Find the local stations that carry Rush, and Savage and buy commercials there.

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
any alternate scripts before I send the current script to the people getting this done?

Shotdown1027
09-20-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd think simply asking for an already-recorded ad would be pretty easy, one that one of those PACS has already played...

This one if good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73e-Cnb0K4

Or this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAI7orf8mE&feature=related

Or this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRO8m7iUlTY&feature=related

torchbearer
09-20-2008, 07:19 PM
We will use the primary ads as last resort.

Still open for more scripts.

Misesian
09-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Are you not also including anything about the Federal Reserve and sound money? This is the perfect time to do that and with 60seconds worth you could definitely make that a theme at least of WHY to vote for Ron Paul. They still need a reason besides just why it's really not throwing away a vote to pick a 3rd party.

Great job over there though with getting Paul on the ballot and everything. Would've been great if Lew Rockwell gave the nod, or if it would've been Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura, but this is also just as great! :) Unfortunately in FL I'll just have to be making a statement by writing in Ron's name on the ballot.

AJ Antimony
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Remember to target both sides of the political spectrum.

For left: "Congressman Paul has always followed a foreign policy of non-interventionism. This resulted in him voting NO on the Iraq war and he has continually fought for the immediate withdrawal of troops in Iraq. Paul also supports that thing called the Bill of Rights. He voted NO on the Patriot Act, NO on FISA and NO on the Military Commissions Act."

For right: "Congressman Paul is the definition of fiscal conservative. In his 30 years on and off the hill, Dr. Paul has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget and has NEVER voted to raise taxes. If you want someone to actually SLASH wasteful government spending, there is no better man to do the job."

Sandra
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Soundbites of Paul's warnings over the economy in his most forceful voice with images that invoke a doomed nation. That way it could give a sense of what he's been warning us about beforehand while theother candidates were sugar coating their outlook to pander to voters. I think in this case it's no longer fear mongering but reality.

Misesian
09-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Soundbites of Paul's warnings over the economy in his most forceful voice with images that invoke a doomed nation. That way it could give a sense of what he's been warning us about beforehand while theother candidates were sugar coating their outlook to pander to voters. I think in this case it's no longer fear mongering but reality.

I agree. Since we can't win the presidency, and the odds are against winning in LA, the best goal would be to utilize his prophecies, and newfound respect amongst the MSM, to get this message across about sound monetary policies, Constitutional government, and noninterventionist foreign policy which all go hand in hand.

malibuu
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/303090527v3_350x350_Front-1.jpg

Menthol Patch
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
You hate the IRS.
They hate the IRS.

You hate big government.
They hate big government.

You want politicians to stay out of your life.
They want to stay out of your life and keep the government out of your life.

Support Ron Paul and Goldwater for President.

And keep the government out of your life.

scandinaviany3
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
We will use the primary ads as last resort.

Still open for more scripts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJgx38jkn0&feature=related

This is probably something AdamT , and berman up in seattle, could pull off if you contact them both.

torchbearer
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJgx38jkn0&feature=related

This is probably something AdamT , and berman up in seattle, could pull off if you contact them both.

AdamT and RonPaulHawaii should be dropping by my place in a few days, would AdamT know more about this guy?
I will call him, but it needs to get going soon. I'd like to have the commercial by the beginning of october.

torchbearer
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/303090527v3_350x350_Front-1.jpg

I like the graphic, do you have it in vector?

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Talking with a guy in california about doing a new ad...
idea- a big mosquito draining blood from its victim.
One wing says democrat, the other says republican... (jist of the idea)

budget is the only problem right now.
The stock footage cost is stupid. like 22,000 stupid.
maybe looking to do stills.

anyone have any knowledge on stock footage, or have any for lease?

speciallyblend
10-01-2008, 02:43 PM
senator david vitter la, did good

rockandrollsouls
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Point to something of the affect that Ron has been 100% right so far. Take clips of him in '88 predicting this mess and compare it to now and say something to the affect he's never been wrong.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
He endorsed McCain

Pleas tell me you're kidding...

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
ok, looks like we can get the ad made for $3000, not $22,000 plus.
I'm trying to get more details before we make a call for funds, all this stuff is happening so quickly, and with so many people, that its hard to get everything I need as soon as I need it.

our campaign structure is by metro region with individuals in each region in charge of buying their own ad buys as individuals.
There will be no committee or central body to disperse funds, so there will probably be no chipin for ad buys, though we may create one to help pay for the ad itself.

I'll keep everyone updated as I get more info.

-side note- my truck is covered with Ron Paul for President magnets and I got quite a few thumbs up today.
We just need to let people know Ron is on the ballot- our local media isn't giving us any free media in this regard. Most people still don't even know he's on the ballot yet.

Rhys
10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
i'll see what i can do... make sure it's 60 seconds read aloud, and make sure to pause and not talk to fast...

if i were in charge, i would want scenes of Goldwater Sr cutting to Dr. Paul and Jr. and have a very short voice over at the end.

Shotdown1027
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Brent---anyway I can get debriefed on the meeting?

Also--ads should concentrate on the economy and show Ron Paul is right on it.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
i'll see what i can do... make sure it's 60 seconds read aloud, and make sure to pause and not talk to fast...

if i were in charge, i would want scenes of Goldwater Sr cutting to Dr. Paul and Jr. and have a very short voice over at the end.

I'm not doing the voice over, we are getting a professional voice actor.
i'm still waiting on all the details... I just got off the phone with the guy in Cali doing the production work, he is still trying to acquire stills and video for the ad.
But we have a cap he has to work under.
We are paying for 40 hours of work, up front. basically, we are renting the guy's services for a week. He will be getting all of the stuff together and should have a product ready for us 7 days after we confirm we can pay.

I have a back-up plan, but it would take a lot more time, though probably a lot less money.
Problem is... we don't have time. Election is in 4 weeks.
We want to run the ad state-wide for at least 10- 14 days.
We will miss absentee voting... that will make up 5% of the vote total, I don't expect to get much of that vote because people aren't informed by our media that Paul is even on the ballot.

Knightskye
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM

"Shame on FOX for not having him in the debate."

:D

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Brent---anyway I can get debriefed on the meeting?

Also--ads should concentrate on the economy and show Ron Paul is right on it.

Tom Rankin is heading up this ad project, you will need to call him if you want to get in on the script development.

Sept 20th we agreed to do the ad buys individually, and not as a group for FEC reasons. Though it will be organized from a hub of people, the buys themselves will be made by individuals.

I have a ton of signage, I will be making a drop in Lafayette tomorrow. If you can make it to lafayette tomorrow, you can get some signs.
I have about 30 4ftx 8 ft. monster sized signs... these things are huge
I have about 20 2'x4' signs
and about 30 smaller yard signs.

I have 15 boxes of slim jims, about 1000 in each.
Bumper stickers, balloons, small hand outs and a few dvd's.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 04:39 PM
So basically we are looking at this structure.

I have volunteered to collect the funds for the ad and to make the official purchase.
Once I have the ad, I will instruct people on how to gather their own funds in each metro area, how to get rate cards, and how to effectively negotiate for more bang per buck on the ad buys.

Each person is being advised to spend less than $999.99 each for FEC reasons. (unless they want to deal with the myriad of paperwork)

I also have Tim Hendrix giving me a quote on his assistance with getting the best buys. He helped Jindal's campaign.
I have a lot of experience in ad buys from my previous political campaigns, and I will be assisting as much as possible via phone to all the different areas. Gas is too expensive for me to be traveling all over the state.

What I have asked our activist to do-
In the month of october, the C4L site should be giving everyone list of people to contact who were Ron Paul supporters in the past, but haven't signed up with the new program yet.
On this phone call, people will be told about Ron being on the ballot.
They will be asked if they want yards signs etc, and if they would be interested in buying tv ad time in their area for ron.
Each precinct leader is asked to keep, for their own records, a list for themselves of all interested people.
This list will give us a statewide organization of activist who can quickly and effectively support our constitutional candidates, and help us by pressing our current politicians into supporting bills favorable for our country.
2 birds- one stone.

In the meantime, we are trying to get the ad together- hopefully it won't be too hard raising the $3000.
Ad buys will be the easy part.

Then plan metro area election parties to watch the results of our work.

Sandra
10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Brent the stall will be the requirement to PAY to do precinct work. This is a horrible level to for C4L to block access by requiring canvassers to pay up to do the work. This type of access HAS to be free. Is there any way C4L can provide the walk/ call list for no charge, if not any precinct work is already dead .

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Brent the stall will be the requirement to PAY to do precinct work. This is a horrible level to for C4L to block access by requiring canvassers to pay up to do the work. This type of access HAS to be free. Is there any way C4L can provide the walk/ call list for no charge, if not any precinct work is already dead .

Only the committed will contribute.
You want the tools, you gotta chipin. Websites/servers/webmasters aren't free.
I would be donating anyway... i am getting something in return.

You sit on the sidelines bitching about $35 dollars, you aren't helping me any.. nor yourself.

I'll poach info for you if its that big of a deal to you. But my info may be region specific.

Sandra
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
It goes beyond commitment. I've donated to this thing to death. I have worked my ass off and I want this to work, but if they restrict access for God knows what reason, I now have to question C4L's commitment. I just need the precinct info, not a website.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 05:06 PM
It goes beyond commitment. I've donated to this thing to death. I have worked my ass off and I want this to work, but if they restrict access for God knows what reason, I now have to question C4L's commitment. I just need the precinct info, not a website.

Ok, don't sign up. Don't do anything.

Rhys
10-01-2008, 05:08 PM
good stuff... i bet LA would respond well to hear about how people can take care of themselves, government is broken... hear it from the horses mouth

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
good stuff... i bet LA would respond well to hear about how people can take care of themselves, government is broken... hear it from the horses mouth

I've been getting smiles and thumbs up all week from people as I travel with my Ron Paul laden truck.
If we can hit critical mass in tv ads, we can get 15%+, and that would be huge for a non-contending ticket.
It would be a protest against business as usual.

Sandra
10-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok, don't sign up. Don't do anything.

Iwas the only precinct leader in my parish.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Iwas the only precinct leader in my parish.

Then we won't have a precinct leader for your parish.
My hands will be full working with precinct leaders all over the state.
It may be easier on me not to have too many to begin with... I'm a bit overwhelmed with the task that have been assigned to me... no one ever wants to do the hard work, so i have to do it.

I did not want to be in charge of any of this fundraising, I don't really have the time... but no one else would do it.
I had 2 choices. Let the idea die... go home and enjoy some baked chicken and bourbon(which is a lot easier), or do it myself(which adds more to my already full plate).
We all have that choice to make.

Sandra
10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Then we won't have a precinct leader for your parish.
My hands will be full working with precinct leaders all over the state.
It may be easier on me not to have too many to begin with... I'm a bit overwhelmed with the task that have been assigned to me... no one ever wants to do the hard work, so i have to do it.

I did not want to be in charge of any of this fundraising, I don't really have the time... but no one else would do it.
I had 2 choices. Let the idea die... go home and enjoy some baked chicken and bourbon(which is a lot easier), or do it myself(which adds more to my already full plate).
We all have that choice to make.

Brent, I an focusing on trying to get the C4L to make the precinct program without cost to the worker. The campaign has faded into obscurity and it's a challenge to get Louisianians to fork out money for political movements after Gustav. We need more precinct workers this go around to make people aware the campaign even exists, the Paul Goldwater are on the ballot, to drum up support from others interested in spreading the word. I'm gonna focus on that.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Shotdown- any info you'd like me to add to the letter I'm developing tonight to send around for funds?

I will have the basics of what is going on with the ad development.
I'll include some of the info from above about our current structure for this election.
And the chipin link. (would you want to do the chipin?)

misericordia
10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
You hate the IRS.
They hate the IRS.

You hate big government.
They hate big government.

You want politicians to stay out of your life.
They want to stay out of your life and keep the government out of your life.

Support Ron Paul and Goldwater for President.

And keep the government out of your life.

Change the 'they' to 'we'.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.michigan.gov/images/mosquito_65147_7.jpg

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 08:15 PM

Micah Dardar
10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I signed up as a free member. I'm broke right now, but I really don't mind upgrading once I get paid.

I have been commenting about the bailout on NOLA.com. A lot of their ears are open, and I spewed them some reality about this problem being larger than Bush or Clinton's policies. I gave them a quick history lesson back to 1913 and told them to do the research.

I think that I may have got us a few votes! ;)

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I couldn't find the tech thread, but i just want to add that I really hate windows...in any form.
I'm currently posting through a live boot cd, @active undelete k-meleon browser.
I will be spending the rest of the night beating the shit out of my computer.

And hopefully get the letter out tomorrow.
F-U Bill Gates.

Micah Dardar
10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Dammit! Somebody stole all of the Ron Paul signs that I put up around New Orleans! I have 2 signs left. Some of my friends and I are supposed to go walk around downtown with some "END THE FED" posters and the Ron Paul signs.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Dammit! Somebody stole all of the Ron Paul signs that I put up around New Orleans! I have 2 signs left. Some of my friends and I are supposed to go walk around downtown with some "END THE FED" posters and the Ron Paul signs.

I will be dropping off more signs to Tom Rankin tomorrow in lafayette.
if you don't mind driving to morgan city, he will have some to distribute to people in south louisiana.