PDA

View Full Version : Stop Voting

Truth Warrior
09-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Stop Voting

by David Ker Thomson (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/mailto:dave.thomson@utoronto.ca)

Just drop the vote and step quietly away from the vehicle.

We hope you’ll join us. We are a multitude, and we have been on the increase for forty years. Forty years, and now our time is at hand.

You looked for us when you sought an object for your ill-conceived charity, but we quietly sent you away. We who will not vote, who will not gratify you with an opinion of your foolish and indistinguishable pretenders to this or that throne, we infuriated you. You called us apathetic for refusing to play the game.

Refusing even to register. You said it was the only game in town.

But if we’re so apathetic, why have you sought us so desperately, coveting even our style, asking our barbers if you are real, begging us to hold the mirror for you while you compose yourself? You have courted our swingers, but we have seen your anxious eyes in the rear-view of your Volvo.

You like statistics, go see if it isn’t true: voter turnout has been decreasing in the established democracies since the 1960’s.

You’re desperate for a mandate, but it’s flowing away from you.

Your empire flunkies are banging at our doors, telling us we’re red or blue, or striped with white bars, and we should go to our color-coded stations. Greens, now there’s a hue for you. Use ’em for a side salad while you get on with dinner. Or get them to do the washing up. Greens are excellent for washing things. And you know how they just love to be included.

What’s driving you nuts is, we’re not even refusing. We’re not saying anything. And we know you’re nuts. We’ve seen your conventions. Also, your good wars, and your bad ones. Your Motor Voter legislation so you can register to kill twice at one convenient location.

You are a computer virus. You thrive on attention. Say no to you, and you preen because someone noticed. We say nothing.

You probably think this song is about you. Don’t you?

You have immense standing armies, and they wish to march left, right, left, right. We are more than forty percent of the adults in America, fifty percent in Europe. If we would just say something, anything, left, right, left, right, you could get a stronger mandate, get these armies working efficiently, instead of going around losing wars to tiny countries. But like you say, it’s hard to fight a war if we don’t all stick together.

September 20, 2008

David Ker Thomson’s [send him mail (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/mailto:dave.thomson@utoronto.ca)] is taking a year out from the Centre for Comparative Literature at the University of Toronto to write a book on American radicalism since 1637 entitled "A."

Copyright © 2008 LewRockwell.com

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/thomson1.html

rpfan2008
09-20-2008, 04:04 AM
Staying hooked on to the computer for all the time is not very good for ya man.

FreeMo P48
09-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Sanction of the victim!!?!!?!!

Truth Warrior
09-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Staying hooked on to the computer for all the time is not very good for ya man. Thanks for your worthless post contribution AND for the OFF TOPIC thread bump. :)

Truth Warrior
09-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Sanction of the victim!!?!!?!!
AKA "Consent of ( some ;) ;) ) of the governed". :p :rolleyes:

mediahasyou
09-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Anarchist Myth #192

omfg, anarchists just sit around and do nothing

Anarchists use nonpolitical strategies to bring about change. Not through the immoral ballot box of coercion. See: Is voting an act of violence? (http://www.voluntaryist.com/articles/103.php)

Nonpolitical strategies:

1. Voluntaryism - People simply withdraw consent through nonvoting, taxes, and will not consent to being governed by force.

Example: Colonials in America declared their Independence of England and no longer gave consent to their governors.

2. Agorism - People use blackmarkets to weaken the government. Markets produce better products than the state so people choose markets to do the services of the state. Blackmarkets cannot be taxed which weakens the state.

Example: Agorism in colonial America helped them bring about revolution through ignoring laws such as the navigation acts and other taxes.

3. Passive Resistance - People passively resist the government. Police are known to initiate force against the innocent and nonviolent. Through media and the internet, the populace will see the testimony against the state.

Example: Gandhi in Indian Revolution.

4. Education - People through learning and becoming smart tend to rebel. This is exactly why the slaves in America started to rebel. As a slave became smarter, that slave was worth more. However, that slave also attempted to escape more because he was smarter. Thus, slavery was dubbed the perculior institution.

Example: The enlightenment sparked the most revolutions in recorded history throughout the world.

Voting is a game. It is rigged in the established favor through propaganda, media, and public funding. Voting gives the illusion of doing something. One vote has never changed an election. You will not win their game. It's time to take the ball to our court.

Truth Warrior
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/vote-for-nobody.jpg

Uriel999
09-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Or vote third party. :D I do like that picture though to vote for nobody. lol

Truth Warrior
09-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Or vote third party. :D I do like that picture though to vote for nobody. lol
I guess that you must have just skipped reading the OP. :rolleyes:

mediahasyou
09-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess that you must have just skipped reading the OP. :rolleyes:

Americans dont read. Unless it's picture books.:p

heavenlyboy34
09-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Americans dont read. Unless it's picture books.:p

Some of us read! That's why they ignore us...we're too smart to be on TV-we'd go off-script and mess up their whole charade! lol

TastyWheat
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
That op trailed off pretty rapidly. I'm inclined to say WTF? I'm also inclined to say if you forgo voting you forgo the only power you have over elected officials. There's a case to be made for sitting out an election and there's a case to be made for voting on a long shot.

fedup100
09-20-2008, 09:43 PM
If voting could handle those thugs in DC, do you really think it would still be legal?

Voting today is nothing but a fools wet dream.

There is only one box left that will make a real change in DC and the bastards know it, that is why they have things in place hoping to protect them in the event the sheeple actually get off their ass and take it back.

I will tell you now, should what is left of real Americans really do decide to stand up and take it back, they will succeed.

The elite thugs in DC, in no way have enough military or blackwater to stop them when they finally take a stand. Baghdad is proof of that. The mighty usa could not win against a city of 5 million people, do you really think they have a chance against 50 million pissed off folks?

I wish to God it did not have to be this way, but it would appear they have no intentions of giving you any other choice. Arrogance is an understatement coming from this bunch of insane fools.

fedup100
09-20-2008, 09:45 PM
That op trailed off pretty rapidly. I'm inclined to say WTF? I'm also inclined to say if you forgo voting you forgo the only power you have over elected officials. There's a case to be made for sitting out an election and there's a case to be made for voting on a long shot.

The only word in your post that has merit at this late date in the fall of this country would be "long shot".

CitizenPlain
09-20-2008, 11:20 PM

TastyWheat
09-21-2008, 02:50 AM
The only word in your post that has merit at this late date in the fall of this country would be "long shot".
Even I'll admit my desire to show up to the polls is waning every day.

Truth Warrior
09-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Americans dont read. Unless it's picture books.:p Yeah, that explains a lot of it.<IMHO> ;)

"Those that DON'T read have no advantage over those that CAN'T read!"