PDA

View Full Version : Like sheep to the slaughter

IHaveaDream
09-19-2008, 09:34 PM
All my life I've heard people complain about dishonest politicians. Well, this year, the "people" had a chance to nominate an honest man by the name of Ron Paul. But did they do that? No. Instead, they mocked him or ignored him. Even as this man is proven to be a once-in-a-lifetime choice, they continue to blindly pledge their votes to Obama and McCain. I'm angry with the feds and the media, but no one has betrayed this country more than our fellow citizens.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us".
-- Pogo

JosephTheLibertarian
09-19-2008, 09:36 PM
All my life I've heard people complain about dishonest politicians. Well, this year, the "people" had a chance to nominate an honest man by the name of Ron Paul. But did they do that? No. Instead, they mocked him or ignored him. Even as this man is proven to be a once-in-a-lifetime choice, they continue to blindly pledge their votes to Obama and McCain. I'm angry with the feds and the media, but no one has betrayed this country more than our fellow citizens.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us".
-- Pogo

We live in an indirect DEMOCRACY. The majority chooses the leaders and the minority have to tolerate it.

kojirodensetsu
09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Yep. But now we need to educate people about the option of 3rd party candidate and convince them to be willing to vote for one of them. Too many people are stuck in the "lesser of 2 evil" mindset.