Green Mountain Boy
09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
UNH, FOX News and NHGOP Prep for Presidential Debate
By - Beth LaMontagne

http://www.campaignline.com/nh/uploads/UNHdebateprep.jpg
FOX News technicians check the sound equipment with student
volunteers at the University of New Hampshire Whittemore Center
Tuesday afternoon.

For the past six days, the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, University of New Hampshire officials and FOX News staffers have been prepping for the First in the Fall Republican Presidential Debate. Held in the university's hockey arena, the Whittemore Center, 3,622 tickets have been distributed, not counting campaign and debate staff, security and press. Of those tickets, about 1,000 have been put aside for university students. State party Executive Director Steve DeMaura said the debate might be the largest event of this New Hampshire primary season.

During a walk through on Tuesday, less than 24 hours before FOX News begins airing live from New Hampshire, the staging and lighting has been set, the filing room wired, and the tickets and press passes printed. To accommodate the power demands of such an enormous event, three generators had to be brought to the university arena. They were loudly humming Tuesday afternoon as the FOX technicians tested the sound equipment with a group of student volunteers standing in for the candidates. The lights were on, including the floor-to-ceiling curtain backdrop, beaded with thousands of tiny lights, which, at a distance, come together to make the image of an American flag.

Scheduled to kick off with the first question on Wednesday at 9 p.m., the event will be aired live on air on FOX News, FOX Radio and four New Hampshire radio stations; WGIR, WGIP, WGIN, and WTSL. FOX News will begin airing live from the arena at 6 p.m. Wednesday and the network plans to air a Hannity & Colmes post-debate show live from the Spin Room. After going through individual walk-throughs on Wednesday afternoon, the candidates will be asked to arrive by 7:30 p.m. Once in the building, each will be allowed up to 10 staffers in their individual dressing rooms, equipped with two phone lines and a catered dinner. Each candidate gets 10 "preferred seating" tickets on the floor of the Whittemore Center. A number of floor seats will also be reserved for UNH and state party officials, said DeMaura. The rest of the seats are first come, first serve.

About 250 members of the media have been issued credentials, not counting those working for FOX News affiliates. According to DeMaura, only FOX reporters will be allowed to view the debate from within the arena. The rest will watch from the Spin Room or filing center, both of which are located within the school fitness center.

The debate will last 90 minutes with two commercial breaks, one of which, according to the NHGOP, will feature a Fred Thompson ad. Candidates will have a set time to respond to each question, with the flashing green, yellow and red lights warning them when time is short. Some of the questions will come from FOX News correspondent Carl Cameron, who will be fielding questions from about 15 voters in a local restaurant.

To make sure the debate audience, media and campaign staff have a good time before the debate, the state GOP is throwing a pre-debate reception in Field House, another large athletic building across from the Whittemore Center. From 6-8 p.m., guests will be able to rub elbows with the party officials as well as campaign chairmen, consultants and top supporters.

http://www.campaignline.com/nh/articles/index.cfm?id=606

CJLauderdale4
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the update!!

It's absolutely pathetic that FoxNews.com has ZERO information on the format and logistics of this event. They are not promoting it online AT ALL...

...as not to awaken the internet community that is RON PAUL!

Razmear
09-04-2007, 09:42 PM
"Once in the building, each will be allowed up to 10 staffers in their individual dressing rooms, equipped with two phone lines and a catered dinner."

I hope someone tells Ron to pack his own lunch.

Shink
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the update!!

It's absolutely pathetic that FoxNews.com has ZERO information on the format and logistics of this event. They are not promoting it online AT ALL...

I think that's what they're trying to do---only have avid viewers (aka retards) watch the debates. Oh well, not much passes us by.:cool:

JosephTheLibertarian
09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
"will feature a Fred Thompson ad"

what the...fuck

Green Mountain Boy
09-04-2007, 10:08 PM

The FoxNews website is probably the worst news site in terms of design and content.

They obviously don't want people going online to get their news. They probably wouldn't even have a website but that would make them look completely foolish.

I like this spoof: http://www.cracked.com/spoofs/poxnews/

Slugg
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM

what the...fuck

ditto

SWATH
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Carl Cameron is such a dip shit. He is the guy who brown noses the bully so as not to get picked on.

Green Mountain Boy
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Looks like a dip shit too. I'm just in the mood for Fox-bashing tonight!

http://mediamatters.org/static/images/tv_clips/carl-cameron.jpg

Paulitician
09-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Carl Cameron is such a dip shit.
QFT

Bro.Butch
09-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I just wish they would be honest and ask the same amount of questions to each man and to cut their mic off when their equal time is up. It would show all viewers that Romney is a cheat and runs on and on using everyone elses time! They will cheat Dr. Paul again, I just hope he does use his full time, a debate isn't time to be a meek mouse, it's time to be a confident tiger...

njandrewg
09-05-2007, 12:51 AM
about 1,000 have been put aside for university students.

is there a way the NH meetups can get some extra people this way?

Harry96
09-05-2007, 12:58 AM
"Once in the building, each will be allowed up to 10 staffers in their individual dressing rooms, equipped with two phone lines and a catered dinner."

I hope someone tells Ron to pack his own lunch.

Ha ha. If it's not a buffet, maybe he should go to a front-runner's dressing room with his meal in hand and offer to trade, just to gauge the other guy's reaction.

AlexAmore
09-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Ha ha. If it's not a buffet, maybe he should go to a front-runner's dressing room with his meal in hand and offer to trade, just to gauge the other guy's reaction.

That would be HILARIOUS!

austin356
09-05-2007, 04:11 AM
I dont have access to my TV; Does Fox have a live web stream? (like Bloomberg for instance)

devil21
09-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Just check foxnews.com around 9pm ET. I heard they will have a video link.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-05-2007, 04:46 AM
I think we should all stop worrying about this. We all know that Ron Paul is going to get like 3% face time, and the 3% he does will be softball questions, and it will be the same ol debate that, by definition, isn't really a debate at all.

We know what to expect from Fox by now.

Johnnybags
09-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Some of the questions will come from FOX News correspondent Carl Cameron, who will be fielding questions from about 15 voters in a local restaurant.

They already know who is at the restaraunt and how many or about? Looks like a 911 truther question will be asked to Ron. Go figure.

Spike Kojima
09-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Looks like a dip shit too. I'm just in the mood for Fox-bashing tonight!

http://mediamatters.org/static/images/tv_clips/carl-cameron.jpg

He's such a slimey bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf-4XVUwkY

Watch and learn.

DjLoTi
09-05-2007, 05:53 AM
I saw that Carl Cameron guy when I was in Iowa. He had to do like 7 takes because he kept messing up. His face looked all weird, sort of like that picture. He was in the shade, but it seemed as though the sun was beaming in his eyes. He struggled to get his words out, as he did take after take. Yep. Wait until the new media takes over. lol

gagnonstudio
09-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Well, its about 8 o'clock here, and I'm about to leave Northern Maine to head down to NH and see RP beat up on the puppets. See everyone down there!

Sematary
09-05-2007, 06:25 AM

what the...fuck

My thoughts exactly. How can he run an ad if he isn't running? Even if he was running, why does he get an ad and no one else does?

SWATH
09-05-2007, 07:52 AM
He's such a slimey bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf-4XVUwkY

Watch and learn.

Yea his wife works for Bush...and he has vagina eyes.:p