PDA

View Full Version : Big endorsments???

JAHOGS
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I think it was two weeks ago that the Paul campaign said to expect some big endorsments. I haven't heard of any big name endorsments that would catch a lot of peoples eyes. Should we still be looking for this or has it already happened?

nayjevin
09-04-2007, 09:52 PM
don't think it's happened. What I would love to see is for HQ to come up with a nationally broadcast campaign commercial featuring all of Ron's endorsements & a couple surprise new ones.

known:
Tucker
Napolitano
Buchanan

surprise:
Willie Nelson, The Nuge, Mark Cuban
John Stossel, KRS One, Ice T
Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis
Eric Clapton, Parliament
Tommy Chong

nullvalu
09-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't know that Tucker has endorsed Ron Paul.. and hadn't heard Buchanan did.. where'd you hear that?

Ridiculous
09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I saw a Tucker Calson clip on youtube where he said, "It is no secret that we are big fans of the Ron Paul campaign here on this show"

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
hadn't heard Buchanan did.. where'd you hear that?

Yes, I'm curious about that, too. I thought he was going for Tancredo, especially since his sister is running Tancredo's campaign.

Shink
09-04-2007, 10:03 PM
No...you guys need to watch Tucker more often. Pat has said only great things about Ron Paul, and if you go to buchanan.org I'm sure you'll find plenty of RP stuff. I've never found the video, but Tucker's said "I voted for him in '88 and I'm voting for him again," or something similar. Also, Buchanan had the "He's got the best record in all of Congress" reply when Tucker brought up how Ron said in the ABC debate that 'he hasn't fought enough for liberty.'

Other confirmed are WWE wrestlers Kane (Glen Jacobs) and Val Venis (Sean Morley).

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 10:14 PM
No...you guys need to watch Tucker more often. Pat has said only great things about Ron Paul, and if you go to buchanan.org I'm sure you'll find plenty of RP stuff.

Thanks for urging me to check this... I had read that "the Buchanans" were backing Tancredo. Guess not:
http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=831

propanes
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Among musicians an endorsement from Merle Haggard. His song 'America First' could be a Ron Paul campaign song.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12411361

don't think it's happened. What I would love to see is for HQ to come up with a nationally broadcast campaign commercial featuring all of Ron's endorsements & a couple surprise new ones.

known:
Tucker
Napolitano
Buchanan

surprise:
Eric Clapton, Parliament
Tommy Chong

SWATH
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Didn't Jimmy Vaughn play for Ron Paul at a Texas event this weekend?

Shink
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Didn't Jimmy Vaughn play for Ron Paul at a Texas even this weekend?

I've actually seen him listed somewhere as fully endorsing him, not merely playing a song or two. So that's another bullet in the list.

Thanks for urging me to check this... I had read that "the Buchanans" were backing Tancredo. Guess not:
http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=831

No problem. That's also where I found the recent posting of an article from a campaign adviser who laid out everything RP's campaign should do to win.

im_a_pepper
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I think we need to be careful saying people like Tucker and Buchanan support/endorse Ron Paul. Just because they acknowledge him and give him props does not mean we should shove them around as Endorsers, because it would be even worse press for them to "clarify" they are not full endorsers in order to keep distance and support their positions as MSM panel and/or commentators. Its perfectly fine to quote them or thank them but I think we should be cautious on anything more.

hopeforamerica
09-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I just got word that a WWE wrestler here in Phoenix is a big Ron Paul supporter. He has a political blog that speaks very highly of him:

His wrestling name is Val Venis and his blog is;
blog www.freetarian.com

pretty cool! He has offered to help the Phoenix meetup group when he can.

RP4ME
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I think we need to be careful saying people like Tucker and Buchanan support/endorse Ron Paul. Just because they acknowledge him and give him props does not mean we should shove them around as Endorsers, because it would be even worse press for them to "clarify" they are not full endorsers in order to keep distance and support their positions as MSM panel and/or commentators. Its perfectly fine to quote them or thank them but I think we should be cautious on anything more.

i could not agree more - we can be abit too excited when media fols throw us a bone.....

nayjevin
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
my original post was assuming that this theoretical commercial would be the 'coming out' party

michaelwise
09-04-2007, 11:03 PM
There are many of them out there, with name recognition, that need to get off the pot, and stand up for what they believe to be true. They need to forget about being ridiculed by their piers, and stand up for what they believe in.

BillyDkid
09-05-2007, 06:25 AM
I don't know that Tucker has endorsed Ron Paul.. and hadn't heard Buchanan did.. where'd you hear that?Yes, Buchanan supports Ron Paul and in a fairly big way.

BillyDkid
09-05-2007, 06:26 AM

known:
Tucker
Napolitano
Buchanan

surprise:
Eric Clapton, Parliament
Tommy ChongAm I understanding that these people have come out in support of Ron Paul? If so, they should be doing radio spots and TV ads. These folks actually have some clout and they should use it. If you and I had clout we would be telling it on the mountain.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Bruce Willis already has endorsed someone else.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
I would also like to see the Barry Goldwater family get vocal in their support of Ron Paul.