PDA

View Full Version : Dollar collapse

ForLibertyFight
09-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I hear a lot about the dollar collapse. What would cause the dollar to collapse, how soon and if there is a way to stop it, how can we change our system to avoid the dollar collapse?

Mr. White
09-04-2007, 09:09 PM
youtube ron paul and the federal reserve and ron paul and the gold standard.

To answer your question quickly? Take control of our money supply away from private banks and wall street. Buy back our debt and back the dollar with a commodity.

slantedview
09-04-2007, 09:11 PM
check out dollarcollapse.com (a Ron Paul supporter, of course) and their faq

http://dollarcollapse.com/faq/

ForLibertyFight
09-04-2007, 09:14 PM
very scary it would be a total chaos if this happens

Thunderbolt
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Anybody who knew how soon could make a fortune off that knowledge, LOL.
Nobody knows, because it depends on external events.
Without gold, the dollar's fate cannot be controlled.

Highmesa
09-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I will likely be dead by morning for revealing this. I cannot say more than the following:

7 18 21 26 41 and the p-w--b--- 12

You can use this information to quickly increase Ron Paul's campaign funds. I think I've said too much already.

Must go...I hear knocking at my door. Or is that in my head?

Hello, everyone.

I see that the forces of evil in this world blah blah blah

mdh
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone,

I will likely be dead by morning for revealing this. I cannot say more than the following:

7 18 21 26 41 and the p-w--b--- 12

You can use this information to quickly increase Ron Paul's campaign funds. I think I've said too much already.

Must go...I hear knocking at my door. Or is that in my head?

This isn't funny, and this post needs to be purged immediately. This is a very serious matter involving not only national but international security.

jmunjr
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Paul afaik does not want to go specifically back to the gold standard as it is a bit dated but basically something similar in that we can't print money without having something to back it up. I recall him talking about that in a video at least.

nullvalu
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
This isn't funny, and this post needs to be purged immediately. This is a very serious matter involving not only national but international security.

lol.. already tried a bunch of them (through an anonymizer, obviously) none of them work. :(

mdh
09-04-2007, 10:01 PM
lol.. already tried a bunch of them (through an anonymizer, obviously) none of them work. :(

lol, way to admit to a felony...
:p

Mr. White
09-04-2007, 10:03 PM
you guys need to leave that crap alone and report this poster. This is bs drivel that will be used against us if its not deleted.

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Actually, the main WTF post has been deleted already. The other comments are just making light of it.

Razmear
09-04-2007, 10:19 PM
OK, a semi serious question about hyperinflation.
Say it hits and bread costs $1000 a loaf and wages have to go up to $3000 hour at Taco Bell. What does this do to my fixed rate mortgage? Can I pay it off by working 2 days at Taco Bell?

eb

max
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
very scary it would be a total chaos if this happens

the ensuing crisis could be used to implement all those executive orders Bush signed and usher in the North American Union

catwoman
09-04-2007, 10:23 PM
the ensuing crisis could be used to implement all those executive orders Bush signed and usher in the North American Union

Now, THAT is the real scary part to me. The eo's, I mean, and how we will be treated after that.

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
OK, a semi serious question about hyperinflation.
Say it hits and bread costs $1000 a loaf and wages have to go up to $3000 hour at Taco Bell. What does this do to my fixed rate mortgage? Can I pay it off by working 2 days at Taco Bell?

eb

Not having studied this, I imagine so... but then I imagine your house would be unsaleable. Not that you'd want to sell it under the circumstances, because physical objects would hold their value better than money.

michaelwise
09-04-2007, 11:50 PM

This will happen, before the 2008 election. Mark my words. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Weather the Fed decides to hyper inflate, or
or usher in The Great depression II, the wheels have been set in motion. The snowball is already rolling down hill. The world central bankers have created a monster that makes Frankenstein look like a little girl. If you only knew the magnitude of the mess we're in, from studying it for the last 35 years, you would understand where we are headed.

wakejumpin
09-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I am a very poor college student who rents an apartment for $350 a month. I work at a bar making $10 an hour +tips, and have no debt, so I'm doing ok. I assume I am working in the right place in case the dollar collapses. :) Anyway..

How will my rent/pay be affected by the dollar collapse? Will i be in serious financial trouble, and unable to pay my rent? Should I spend any money I can muster on gold, or will that hasten the collapse? Thanks.

michaelwise
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I am a very poor college student who rents an apartment for $350 a month. I work at a bar making $10 an hour +tips, and have no debt, so I'm doing ok. I assume I am working in the right place in case the dollar collapses. :) Anyway..

How will my rent/pay be affected by the dollar collapse? Will i be in serious financial trouble, and unable to pay my rent? Should I spend any money I can muster on gold, or will that hasten the collapse? Thanks.You might want to get a TD Ameritrade account, and buy SLV, which is the silver ETF. The physical silver is stored in a vault in London, that you invest in. It's the poor mans gold. It's only $12.50 an oz. now, but if you cannot buy the actual metal, it's the next best thing. I think it will double or triple in value, since the price has been manipulated down for so long, and because they are coming out with silver zinc batteries for lap tops soon. This is not investment advice. Only invest what you can afford to put away for a while.

Bluedevil
09-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Here are two good articles, dont want anyone to get over hyped about buying gold or silver. The price of silver and gold have followed the market down in the last month or two. Its a complicated issue whether silver and gold will go down further if our economy continues to falter. Long term, I believe gold and silver will go up. However, I have no idea what will happen in the short run, it might be smart to put your money in a liquid investment such as a money market fund and wait and see what happens. I would do a lot more research before you make any drastic investment decisions. Below is a place to start.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north436.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north443.html

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 03:49 AM

That's their plan.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-05-2007, 03:56 AM

Whoa whoa what the hell happened? Did I miss something? Anyone mind explaining, or PMing me, explaining what this is about?\\

Anyways, about the gold and silver standard..... The collapse of the dollar is coming very, VERY SOON. Our Gov is spending billions and trillions, and we are probably about to go to Iran. The problem with Gold and Silver, is it can be faked easily. Gold bars can be just gold plated, you have absolutely no way of knowing if the whole bar is gold, same thing with coins, and same thing with silver. Also, as long as that law exists, the one that says if a person doesn't accept legal tender, consider the persons debt who offered the legal tender nullified, it's very hard to go on like that, without the government knocking To at your door trying to arrest you for trying to usurp laws and such.

To answer your question, with the certain laws that are in place, and this government that is in place, there is almost no way to break out of that, Which is exactly why we want to get Ron Paul to presidency............

The only other possible explanation, is to start trading goods for goods, and services for services, like wayyyy back in the day. (you give me apples, I give you oranges, you make me clothes for my whole family, I make you house, you give me TV, I make gun for you).........

It's primitive, but it's the only real sound way to combat it. Spend your money you have now, on things that are actually worth a lot of value. And learn how to provide for yourself without really needing anything from anyone. What does that mean? Learning how to farm, learning how to build a house, learning how to build a car from scratch (it can be done), and then just trading what you have for stuff you can't make, like electronics and such. If the dollar were to collapse tomorrow, this is how it would work, gold and silver and most other valuables can be spoofed, unless you are willing to take the time and try to melt the gold & silver and inspect it and see if it's legit, which is a waste of time.......

ButchHowdy
09-05-2007, 04:42 AM
How will my rent/pay be affected by the dollar collapse? Will i be in serious financial trouble, and unable to pay my rent? Should I spend any money I can muster on gold, or will that hasten the collapse? Thanks.

Gold Schmold!

Make sure you have a working fishing pole and a camping stove; that is, unless you like sushi!