PDA

View Full Version : You may now buy silver or gold

Johnnybags
09-19-2008, 05:33 AM
preferably silver. Begin accumulation now and just keep buying. Congress is going to socialize virtually every loss the banks took which will kill the dollar long term. Of course the elections might prop it up for a time but I predict new lows for the dollar index next year as unemployment soars, state,city and town coffers dry up etc. Virtually every state unemployment fund will be broke, they will borrow off the government and the government will borrow off the world. Rates will rise fast after this initial safety phase wears off. People are running from money market funds and sticking it in treasuries for now but will look for a return soon enough. I expect gold at 1000.00 again within 2 weeks of the congressional "new deal" and silver over 15.00. Alternatively, if you can find a etf that shorts US bonds thats a great long term investment. Uncle Ben and Hank are hat in hand now before congress and will get everything they ask for without even a blink.

Update, the US Treasury is insuring money market funds for 1 year. Bush told em 50 billion is elegible but that is not near enough. We are talking 100's of billions or a trillion to insure against break the buck. Alll this money priniting will lead to massive inflation down the line.

slacker921
09-19-2008, 06:43 AM
My prediction (based purely on "people are buying this BS?") is we'll see stocks rally like crazy for the next week or so which will drop the price of gold for the short term. It'll be months before the effects of inflation really set in and then we'll be past the election.

Bruno
09-19-2008, 06:44 AM
preferably silver. Begin accumulation now and just keep buying. Congress is going to socialize virtually every loss the banks took which will kill the dollar long term. Of course the elections might prop it up for a time but I predict new lows for the dollar index next year as unemployment soars, state,city and town coffers dry up etc. Virtually every state unemployment fund will be broke, they will borrow off the government and the government will borrow off the world. Rates will rise fast after this initial safety phase wears off. People are running from money market funds and sticking it in treasuries for now but will look for a return soon enough. I expect gold at 1000.00 again within 2 weeks of the congressional "new deal" and silver over 15.00. Alternatively, if you can find a etf that shorts US bonds thats a great long term investment. Uncle Ben and Hank are hat in hand now before congress and will get everything they ask for without even a blink.

Update, the US Treasury is insuring money market funds for 1 year. Bush told em 50 billion is elegible but that is not near enough. We are talking 100's of billions or a trillion to insure against break the buck. Alll this money priniting will lead to massive inflation down the line.

Gold and silver back up today. I agree with your prediction and strategy, though I have no idea what you are talking about and no one should look to me for financial advice. :) Silver especially seems like a bargain still.

Otter Mii-kun
09-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Gold and silver back up today. I agree with your prediction and strategy, though I have no idea what you are talking about and no one should look to me for financial advice. :) Silver especially seems like a bargain still.Oil is back up-all the way past $101 as I speak-and headed even HIGHER! (they'll probably start harping again about "China and India, China and India, China and India, China and India, demand is skyrocketing out of control/we're running out of oil/we're running out of oil/we're running out of oil/etc.-of course if they had their way, every oil well on earth would be locked up for their own exclusive use.)

Once oil hits record highs AGAIN (well past $150, then $200, maybe all the way past $500) because of this "recovery plan" how the hell will Congress explain all of this (other than "we need to save the stock market/avoid another Great Depression)?

(of course there is no bubble in commodities, NEVER WILL BE EITHER! -unless the FED allowed the credit bubble to bust full-speed which WILL NEVER HAPPEN!)